• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs Dedede

Honor

Smash Apprentice
Ok I really could use some help fighting Dedede. I feel like my spacing is good. But if i'm fighting a dedede who has the chain grab down pat i always seem to lose by a slight margin.

Anyway I'm looking for tipps

Player-3

Smash Hero
If they like to run up + shield, fair it a few times
Then break it

NEVER land next to d3

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I personally used to hate the flying crap out of DDD.

I actually like to grab DDD VERY MUCH. He's incredibly easy to intercept when hes coming back to the stage that its hysterical.

-Save your nair for the kill
-F throw at early percents to stuff (not nair)
-use DB often but don't rely on it/spam/be incredilby obvious
-don't let him camp you....he will try.

If DDD gets put into an upB situation it should be really fun for you.

tries to land on stage and hit you: tipper uair, u smash, shield to whatever you want.

goes into free fall: go near the ledge and react accordingly whether to hog or punish w nair (at this point if hes upBing he should be at a higher percent or gimpable)

thats basically all I can think of.

Dont dream of asking me about Snake. Errr

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't you want to avoid using DB for anything but punishment against DDD as it's grab-able on block?
If the DDD (or any character really) spot dodges often its nice.

I don't use it much VS DDD though. It's situational IMO.

Honor

Smash Apprentice
i've only been playing marth at tournament lvl for a couple months so forgive my ignorance but is it worth trying to spike DDD when he does super jump

Bobanory

Smash Rookie
i've only been playing marth at tournament lvl for a couple months so forgive my ignorance but is it worth trying to spike DDD when he does super jump
He gets super armour when he elevates, so its not really worth it (when hes falling you should be trying to edgehog him if he doesnt make it back onto the stage with super jump, and you should be punishing him if he does make it onto the stage)

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
junk should know this mu from the back of his head lol

just keep your sword at tipper range and play safe, don't take too many risks or else you'll get cg'd (since you said he does it perfectly?) and you'll end up in a disadvantage position and ddd's gay ledge traps.

keep him in the air and punish his landings and on the ledge he doesn't have too many options from there

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Well I get little D3 practice, and just from playing Elev8's Dedede I can already say, safely killing Dedede is pretty tough.

The only thing you can really do is bait the kill, or get him off stage and kill him from there. <.< Just don't get swallowed.

Player-3

Smash Hero
fairly safe

all of my D3 kills are from bair offstage which is decent but i want a kill move onstage b/c d3 doesn't go offstage much and it is hard to get him there

or shieldbreaks which i actually do at least once a set agaisnt d3s b/c they have really predictable shielding habits

how2kill onstage

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Bait

Or you could be lulzy and get multiple stocks taken off by attempting the R Combo. lul

Player-3

Smash Hero
i'm starting to consider just grabbing d3 in his landing lag and uthrowing for a bair kill

maybe that would work for a stock or two <_<

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
If Dedede was really able to be grabbed frequently, then the matchup would be a lot easier.

Player-3

Smash Hero
this

also grabbing D3 in his landing lag = whaaaaaa probably wouldn't work lol
d3s heavy landing thing has like 3-4 frames of lag IIRC

plus startup on any more besides shield is like 5-6 frames... and you grab shields, spotdodge is like...4-5? not sure

marths grab is...6?

i didn't say it would be easy i said i'm tired of d3s living to ****ing 200% because i can't get a kill move in there until they get into the air above me/offstage
-__-

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Short hop air dodge, land behind dedede and use utilt if he goes for a grab?

That's something I just thought of. :/ Perhaps?

Oh and there's always follow ups. You could whif a short hop'd fast fall fair, and bait something that way, and react with a fsmash or DS. Be thoughtful about it though, : (

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
You guys talking about D3?

I'm not gonna do a huge writeup right now, but I will just do a summary of the matchup.

Defense: D3 wins
Offense: Even
Damage racker: Marth wins
Killing: D3 wins
Range: Even, but D3 slightly wins this

Overall 55:45 D3

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
no, just helping this guy with a question.

It's more of a, how can we kill dedede? discussion

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Ohhhh.

Lemme sum this up.

All of Marth's kill moves on D3 are situational.

Chances are, we are living to 170%+ at which, you might as well utilt for the kill.

But overall, fsmash, utilt and tipped nair are you best kill moves.

Dr.Brawl

Smash Ace
DDD is really annoying, I suffer from the same problems, the most "safe" way to kill DDD in my opinion is to try to bait the f tilt and then nair, or get lucky with a b up or f smash or something.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hmm, so pretty much Player- 3, it all ends up with my first answer, bait a move, and punish it for the kill.
:p It's the only way you're getting that guy to lose a stock on stage.

Player-3

Smash Hero
**** DEDEDE

he's so homo

i don't care about his ledge stuff because it's not terrible to get around (if you know what to do agaisnt it <_<)

but yeah i've actually killed a d3 with a uthrow on ps1

i had mixed feelings

∫unk

Smash Master
grabbing ddd in his landing lag is legit

p3, you may have thought of how to get through one part of the ledge trap, but did you ever consider that i have thought of it too, and have appropriate counters?

Mr-R

Smash Champion
i hate this match up the most when im marth -_- idc what everone says this cant be 50/50 or in marths favor
god if it weren't for my zss

Neon X

Smash Apprentice
Well I can only say that Nair truly ***** D3. Sadly D3 has projectiles and Knockback. Not to mention the 2 best non tether standing grab. I would say it's even.

Honor

Smash Apprentice
i gotta say its 55/45 if not 60/40 in DDD's favor. DDD has a chain grab and i think that tips it in his favor

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah junk

i haven't had trouble getting off the ledge really

it's getting back to neutral after getting off the ledge which is hard

Top Bottom