• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Brawl MLG for next circut! PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denti

Smash Master
You guys please! We've gotten 100 votes in 4 hours, WE NEED TO FINISH WAY STRONGER THAN ANY OTHER EVENT! Every vote counts. If you don't have an MLG account, make one and vote. We need to win this as a community not as a few smashers. <3

edit: I've managed to have over 15 players from AiB vote :D we can do this!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I've contacted a bunch of Smash buddies on Facebook, so hopefully that's good for some votes.

Worst case, nothing happens as a result of this, but it'll still make a statement. Won't hurt.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Melee won't ever happen again in MLG or anything similar. Stop trolling.
I'm not denying that, I'm saying it's lame that Melee will always be the more exciting game yet it won't get the attention from MLG because Brawl is newer, thus granting it a larger community.
There's no way the finals of any major Brawl tournament could contend with the excitement at a Melee tournament like ROM3. I mean come on, an epic showdown between M2K and Dr. Pee pee or some pro Snake and Diddy players throwing banana peels and grenades at one another?
That's additionally why I'm so thankful Project M is being created.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Fun is subjective to anyone, pal. We know "Melee will always be the more exciting game" but guess what? NOT EVERYONE CAN PLAY IT AND SHARES THE SAME OPINION.

To play Melee you have to have crazy fingers on a controller. That's pretty limited to a certain factor of people. Not everyone has crazy technical fingers. Some people just want to have the fun of mixups/oki game (wakeup/tech-chasing etc.) without the fast playing that Melee has. If you want crazy combos, go play BlazBlue/Guilty Gear/Marvel. Brawl is just Melee without the technical factor limiting people from enjoying the game.

It's like Super Turbo and SSFIV. Obviously you need better reactions and more dexterously-fingered inputs to play ST but people still play Super IV because IT CAN BE FUN (kinda like BRAWL). It is not up to you to decide and justify who has fun and in what ways they can. Just as long as people are having fun, leave it at that. Again, stop trolling.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Whatever, tons of people were fine with Melee (and before that Smash 64) until Brawl came along and "dumbed things down" (removing the technical factor), so I don't buy that.
I'll always believe that true smash = combos.
Brawl was made to be a true party game, and whatever huge competitive scene it has I'll never believe it deserves it. I'm not denying that people can find it fun, its the manner in which they do.
I wasted a lot of time trying to have fun with it before finally concluding that the only way I could is to hack the living **** out of it.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
why the **** should we vote brawl when we can vote for Melee (Other)

Hell, why not vote for other, better games so brawl doesn't come back? (:

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Well in an ideal world, Melee does make a comeback, or Project M succeeds to the point of overtaking Vanilla Brawl. Hell, that hack looked so impressive even in the beta stage, it deserved a demo at the last E3.
Neither are likely to happen any time soon so I'm just gonna hope Brawl gets its undeserving *** wiped from MLG. I don't care if the game has depth, its deep in all the wrong ways....

Denti

Smash Master
all i ever hear is melee players bashing on brawl. have fun with your dead game that won't ever come back. maybe you guys should chose a game that is alive, like brawl for example.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
all i ever hear is melee players bashing on brawl. have fun with your dead game that won't ever come back. maybe you guys should chose a game that is alive, like brawl for example.
Project M says hi, and I would join the Halo or CoD crowd before stooping to rejoin the Brawl community, just because Melee isn't "alive". Obviously it does have life or P:M wouldn't have been thought of, nor would so many people have put the time in to create it.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I think it's pretty funny that tons of people were fine with Melee and 64, and yet, tons of people are fine with Brawl too! Amazing revelation, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom