• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VOTE AGUMON - Pikachu's Greatest Rival!

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Digimon didn't try to say that there were a specific set of species in the world, then expand it without any real explanation in the way that pokemon did. Also, Digimon was about working together to save worlds, not making animals fight for fun. I feel Digimon had the better premise and didn't do things that made its later series dumb.

I also think Digimon anime is lot better than Pokemon anime. I've only watched the first three season of Digimon, and despite awful dubbing (not English, it was dubbed on my language as well) of first half of Adventure, I still enjoy it (and dub is so bad that it makes me laugh nowadays :laugh:). Meanwhile I can't enjoy Pokemon anymore, the show has repeated itself for a long time.

I'm excited for the upcoming Digimon Adventure Tri. films, although I was a bit disappointed that it was a film series rather than a TV series.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Digimon didn't try to say that there were a specific set of species in the world, then expand it without any real explanation in the way that pokemon did. Also, Digimon was about working together to save worlds, not making animals fight for fun. I feel Digimon had the better premise and didn't do things that made its later series dumb.
Hence why I really like Digimon. They're digital beings, and not necessarily flesh and blood creatures. They're fully sapient and they choose YOU to help them save multiple worlds, rather than capturing animals against their wills and making them fight each other for sport.

And here I am with my Charizard avatar.

He broke free of the shackles of his Pokemon "Trainer". Perhaps his brothers Squirtle and Ivysaur might do the same.

I honestly think Digimon's failing is that it seems too complicated, compared to the more structured, orderly simplicity of Pokemon. At least -I- felt the series (the games, and the show) was very complicated compared to Pokemon as a kid and hard to follow. I think if Digimon was a bit more structured and clearly explained it would have had a lot better of a following.

Also, one of my pet peeves of Digimon is the inconsistency of its Digivolution lines. I got really confused as a kid when looking through the completed Digivolution map in Digimon World 1. And I was super pissed when my Agumon always turned into a Centurimon instead of Greymon. Sometimes I got lucky and got Tyrannomon.

It got to the point where I used a Gameshark to give myself Grey Claws. I wanted GREYMON DAMNIT.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I understand that frustration but, as someone who grew up with Nintendo consoles, the only game I had until my late teens was a Rumble Arena. I was honestly quite shocked when I discovered World's ridiculously branching system of digivolutions as it was not what the show had prepared me for at all and many of them didn't even remotely resemble their previous form.

I do not think the show was too convoluted but the games did not follow its simplicity or play on addictive qualities like the pokemon games. That, IMO, is why Digimon World is a niche series and also why the franchise, as a whole, is seen as a TV show instead of games.

Last edited:

snakeguy86

Smash Cadet
I Watched All 6 Seasons of Digimon including The Digimon Movie.
Augumon is an Iconic Character and it's Digimon's 15 Year Anniversary.

It would be great to have a Digimon Vs. Pokémon Battle in Smash Bros 4.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I Watched All 6 Seasons of Digimon including The Digimon Movie.
Augumon is an Iconic Character and it's Digimon's 15 Year Anniversary.

It would be great to have a Digimon Vs. Pokémon Battle in Smash Bros 4.
it's digimon's 18th

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Slightly relevant, Nintendo will have characters in project X zone.
Significant because just like Smash this is a collaboration between Namco, Capcom, Sega and Nintendo.
Perhaps we will get a second namco and sega character in smash.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Significant because just like Smash this is a collaboration between Namco, Capcom, Sega and Nintendo.
Mario , Sonic , Pacman and Agumon for Project X Zone NOW

snakeguy86

Smash Cadet
All I Know is that Digimon needs a Chance to Get Back it's Mojo.
Since Bandai Namco Owns Them, I Was Hoping They Would Use This as a Chance to Make a Comeback With Digimon on SSB4.
Augumon is a Perfect Choice for a Digimon.
He's in Several Seasons of the Show. Digimon is Still Very Popular in Japan.
Augumon Digivolves to Greymon, MetalGreymon, and WarGreymon.

Digimon Needs Our Support.
I'm Grabbing my Digivice.
Let's Digivolve, Augumon.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

More and more these four companies are starting to look like peas in a pod.

If we're looking at a second character from each one, my Namco vote goes to Agumon. Sega...it's hard to say. I have no connection to Sega games that don't involve hedgehogs, so my first vote would go to Dr. Eggman or Tails. There's also NiGHTS and Arle Nadja I guess. Neither of those would get me as interested as Eggman.

Solar Crystallization

Smash Cadet
My older brother used to watch Digimon and was a big fan of Agumon (and still is! ;) ) I think it would be amazing to have Agumon in Smash just to see my brother smile. :)

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
But from what I understand, they only want human characters on PXZ, not anthromorphic ones so Sonic, Pikachu and Agumon may be a no no.

snakeguy86

Smash Cadet
They Have Way Too Many Fire Emblem Characters With Similar MoveSets Like Marth, Roy, and Lucina.
They Should Have Thought Things Over Better and Put in Some More New Characters.
Augumon Would Be One of the Great Choices For A New SSB4 Character.I Am Also A Huge Fan Of Digimon,I Own Digimon Seasons 1-6 and Digimon the Movie, and Augumon Is One Of My Favorite Digimon.

They Can Also Just Add Spaces For More DLC New Characters.
I Can Only Hope For Augumon.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
More and more these four companies are starting to look like peas in a pod.

If we're looking at a second character from each one, my Namco vote goes to Agumon. Sega...it's hard to say. I have no connection to Sega games that don't involve hedgehogs, so my first vote would go to Dr. Eggman or Tails. There's also NiGHTS and Arle Nadja I guess. Neither of those would get me as interested as Eggman.
Agumon isn't technically Namco but that actually works in his favour IMO. He would represent the Bandai side of the company in a way that few other Namco Bandai/Bandai Namco characters would. I am fairly sure he is actually Bandai's most well known character at this point.

Graizen

Smash Champion
So let's Dream some more : Agumon got confirmed as DLC , what do you think will be the public reaction?

snakeguy86

Smash Cadet
If Agumon Got Confirmed For DLC In SSB4, I Would Be Extremely Happy.

My Digivice is Ready for DigiBattles!

I Hope Pikachu and Charizard are Ready to Lose to Augumon.

Last edited:

snakeguy86

Smash Cadet
Pokemon Copied the Mega Evolutions We Have From Digimon's Mega Digimon Transformation.
Digimon Deserves A Lot More Credit for its Virtual Pocket Monsters, it's VideoGames, and it's Animes+Movies.

Augumon Deserves a Chance to Battle Pikachu and Grenija. Mewtwo and Charizard Have Mega Evolutions.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Pokemon Copied the Mega Evolutions We Have From Digimon's Mega Digimon Transformation.
ive said it before there just named similarly theres a fair few things which mega evolution is like, you could argue they copied it from sonic's super form

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Don't get me wrong, I love Digimon. I am a huge Digimon nerd & I like both Digimon & Pokemon. However, I can't see how Agumon's recommended digivolution mechanic would integrate in Smash Bros..

Digimon can digivolve & revert back to their Baby / In-Traning / Rookie form. For Agumon, he has at least 5 different forms of digivolution in his digi-line. I'd narrow it down to either digivolving to Greymon, or warp digivolving to Wargreymon for his Final Smash or something. And even if he could digivolve, what would be the catalyst (no Calumon put intended) that causes digivolution? Sure, we could say that just a Smash Ball does that, but I'm talking about the instance he could digivolve in mid-battle.

Last edited:

snakeguy86

Smash Cadet
Augumon Can Warp Digivolve To Either Greymon, MetalGreymon, or WarGreymon.

Augumon Can Digivolve To A Stonger Form By Getting A Smash Ball In SSB4.

snakeguy86

Smash Cadet
Pokémon Ripped Off The Mega Evolutions They Have Today From Digivolving to the Rookie, Champion, Ultimate, and Mega Level Digimon.

Augumon Should Become a Greymon, MetalGreymon, or WarGreymon.

-But Which One?
-Will The Transformation Be Selected Randomly?

snakeguy86

Smash Cadet
If you think about It, The Pokémons Evolutions and Digimons Digivolving are Sort Of The Same.
Augumon is like Charmander, Greymon is Like Charmeleon, MetalGreymon is like a Charizard, and WarGreymon is Like a Mega Charizard.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If you think about It, The Pokémons Evolutions and Digimons Digivolving are Sort Of The Same.
Augumon is like Charmander, Greymon is Like Charmeleon, MetalGreymon is like a Charizard, and WarGreymon is Like a Mega Charizard.
ok the similarities of them both fire breathing lizards is apparent (though plenty of things have had them) but beyond that there are a lot more differences

Graizen

Smash Champion
They needed to use "Mega" as the name of the evolution? Why?
Go with Super or anything , but Mega? They are just provoking people.

The trainer uses a Device to make his Pokémon "Mega" evolve. Just like the Digivices and Crests.
Mega evolutions are temporary , just like Digievolutions.
Megas are just the last Evolution but more "evolved" , just like Digievolutions ( Greymon > MetalGreymon etc )

And just to remind you guys : They do some Poses to make Pokémon Mega evolve! In the Anime they even shout "Mega Evolve!" , it looks like a Rip Off!

Don't get me rong , i love Pokémon and the Mega evolutions , but there is so much copy in it i just can't ignore it.

MegaCharizard Y = WarGreymon
MegaCharizard X = BlackWarGreymon

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
They needed to use "Mega" as the name of the evolution? Why?
Go with Super or anything , but Mega? They are just provoking people.

The trainer uses a Device to make his Pokémon "Mega" evolve. Just like the Digivices and Crests.
Mega evolutions are temporary , just like Digievolutions.
Megas are just the last Evolution but more "evolved" , just like Digievolutions ( Greymon > MetalGreymon etc )

And just to remind you guys : They do some Poses to make Pokémon Mega evolve! In the Anime they even shout "Mega Evolve!" , it looks like a Rip Off!

Don't get me rong , i love Pokémon and the Mega evolutions , but there is so much copy in it i just can't ignore it.

MegaCharizard Y = WarGreymon
MegaCharizard X = BlackWarGreymon
but its all just speculation you cant really say its a copy

and why do you all think charizard is similar to wargreymon a fire breathing pseudo dragon and battle armor clad dinosaur with weapons specifically for fighting dragons i can not be the only one who thinks they're more different than similar

theres nothing to prove pokemon took off digimon or digimon took off pokemon

snakeguy86

Smash Cadet
Maybe MetalGreymon Could Be The Smash Ball Final Smash For Augumon Instead Of WarGreymon.
MetalGreymon Is A Lot More Powerful After He Digivolves From Augumon.

Last edited:

snakeguy86

Smash Cadet
In Pokémon, A Trainer Would Give One MegaStone to the Pokémon They Want to Mega Evolve and The Other Was Put on a Mega Ring on their Wrist.

A Digimon Can Be Created or Chosen For a Human Partner With a Digivice.They Can Be Brought Into The Human World With Digital Tech and Data.They Can Digivolve With The Data Collected or With a Digivice and when a Human Shares its Heart or Emotions, The Digimon Can Use the Digivice to Connect and Digivolve Into Stronger Forms.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Just a reminder : WarGreymon can turn in to VictoryGreymon alone

Top Bottom