• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VOTE AGUMON - Pikachu's Greatest Rival!

Morbi

Scavenger
Sorry, I really doubt they will meet... but Link was in SC2 and they are helping with Smash bros... maybe a Digimon will be a playable guest in Pokken.
I apologize, I am not clear on what that means. Could you please elaborate? Namco might add a "Namco" character because Nintendo had a guest character in Soul Calibur 2? I mean, that was a pretty long time ago.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I apologize, I am not clear on what that means. Could you please elaborate? Namco might add a "Namco" character because Nintendo had a guest character in Soul Calibur 2? I mean, that was a pretty long time ago.
Just because it happened a long time ago, doesn't mean it never happened. I was just saying, I mean Link was in Soul Calibur 2, Pac-Man is in SSB4 and Bamco is helping with Tekken. The Digimon meet up has a high chance to happen there.

Morbi

Scavenger
Just because it happened a long time ago, doesn't mean it never happened. I was just saying, I mean Link was in Soul Calibur 2, Pac-Man is in SSB4 and Bamco is helping with Tekken. The Digimon meet up has a high chance to happen there.
I am just saying that the precedent is probably not reliable at this point. That logic would make more sense for a Soul Calibur character. The fact that I doubt a Soul Calibur character's inclusion is precisely why I support Agumon, to be honest.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Yes sorry, Pokken. Also same as the Link in SC happened years ago; some feel the Digimon VS Pokemon rivalship is way older than that, yet Graizen has given valid points on why Agumon can work.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
To be frank, Agumon's chance at getting into Pokken makes his chances at getting into Smash look amazing. Namco being involved regardless, this is still Pokemon's show, and I will bring up again Pokemon Company's dislike of having their characters in crossovers outside of Smash (with Pokken sort of being an exception, with using all Pokemon but in the style of Tekken, with no Tekken characters being present at all).

I think if Agumon and Pikachu are going to fight anywhere, it's Super Smash Bros. Perhaps not this game, but maybe the next.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Normal Agumon Line :

BlackAgumon Line :

Agumon (Savers) Line :

There is lots of diferences between Agumon / BlackAgumon and Agumon from Digimon Savers. People need to learn that!

Normal Agumon Line :

BlackAgumon Line :

Agumon (Savers) Line :

There is lots of diferences between Agumon / BlackAgumon and Agumon from Digimon Savers. People need to learn that!
Wait a minute... that blue MetalGreymon is a separate Digimon?! After seeing Tai's Agumon turn into one in the anime, I though the color was different only because of the black ring!

(I have to admit that, as much as I like Digimon's designs, having the same Digimon with just different colors and calling it a different one feels lazy...)

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Wait a minute... that blue MetalGreymon is a separate Digimon?! After seeing Tai's Agumon turn into one in the anime, I though the color was different only because of the black ring!

(I have to admit that, as much as I like Digimon's designs, having the same Digimon with just different colors and calling it a different one feels lazy...)
digivalution isnt quite as set in stone as pokemon evolution

Last edited:
digivalution isnt quite as set in stone as pokemon evolution
Yes, I know, Greymon could also Digivolve into SkullGreymon, after all. But I still didn't expect that this blue MetalGreymon would be a third possible Ultimate form for Agumon, I always though it was blue only because of the black ring.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yes, I know, Greymon could also Digivolve into SkullGreymon, after all. But I still didn't expect that this blue MetalGreymon would be a third possible Ultimate form for Agumon, I always though it was blue only because of the black ring.
That form of MetalGreymon is not a seperate species of digimon. It is rather an imperfect digivolution of Greymon in which the biological parts have not survived the cyborgification process and have taken on a zombie-like viral state, signified by the lifeless blue tone it takes on.

The reason for it being considered part of the Black Agumon line is that such a corrupted Agumon is, being viral already, unnable to digivolve into a the true vaccine form of MetalGreymon. Why the ultimate of that line isn't SkullGreymon I'm not entirely sure but oh well.

As for why Black Agumon is considered his own line, many digimon have viral forms that are considered seperate for the purposes of digivolution, such that you can more clearly see when you've mistreated your pet. That does not make him a seperate species but it does make him a seperate line as it were. His Mega is also a significant character in the anime.

Interestingly enough, season 3's Guilmon has the inverse of this with a golden vaccine counterpart, though there is also a Black Guilmon which makes no sense and annoys the heck out of me.

@ Graizen Graizen : Do you have the Agumon X line all sprited out too?

Last edited:
That form of MetalGreymon is not a seperate species of digimon. It is rather an imperfect digivolution of Greymon in which the biological parts have not survived the cyborgification process and have taken on a zombie-like viral state, signified by the lifeless blue tone it takes on.

The reason for it being considered part of the Black Agumon line is that such a corrupted Agumon is, being viral already, unnable to digivolve into a the true vaccine form of MetalGreymon. Why the ultimate of that line isn't SkullGreymon I'm not entirely sure but oh well.

As for why Black Agumon is considered his own line, many digimon have viral forms that are considered seperate for the purposes of digivolution, such that you can more clearly see when you've mistreated your pet. That does not make him a seperate species but it does make him a seperate line as it were. His Mega is also a significant character in the anime.

Interestingly enough, season 3's Guilmon has the inverse of this with a golden vaccine counterpart, though there is also a Black Guilmon which makes no sense and annoys the heck out of me.

@ Graizen Graizen : Do you have the Agumon X line all sprited out too?
Oh, so BlackAgumon and others are not actually "separate" Digimon. Okay, that makes more sense. And yes, I know that BlackWarGreymon had a important role in the anime (R.I.P.).

Graizen

Smash Champion
What assist trophy agumon should have ?

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Gabumon*, Patamon, Guilmon*, Calumon or Marcus.

Gabumon* is his partner in becoming Omnimon and the other main character of his series, making it logical to pair the two.
Guilmon* is his replacement for season 3 and main character of the second most popular series. Along with his possibility for a badass Megidramon transformation, this makes guilmon* quite a contender.
Patamon, on the other hand, shows the series' more cutesy and comical side, while still remaining one of the most important characters. he could blow people away with boom bubbles (repeated non-damaging wind shoves) or create single use platforms like he does in Xros Wars.
Calumon would simply power up the summoner and turn into a smash ball if attacked, floating around wildly to make him hard to hit. He would likely not be the best choice, having not reprised his announcer role in recent games or shown up in the show outside of season 3.
Marcus would represent the humans, while also being fitting as Agumon's partner due to having been such in season 5. He would likely perform Mac's haymaker, burst with digital energy and then dissappear in much the same way Megaman warps in.

All in all, I think I vote Marcus but Patamon is a close second.

*Or some digivolution thereof.

snakeguy86

Smash Cadet
Augumon is one of the Digimon Met in both the First And Fifth Seasons of Digimon.
In Season One as Tai's in the Digital World, He Is able to Digivolve to Greymon and Metal Greymon, and WarGreymon With the Digivice and the Crest of Courage Given to Tai.They Travel Through The Digital World, Both Meeting Friends and Fighting Bad Guys to Find a Way Back Home,Which is under Attack By the Enemy.
They Defeat Him and Save the Real World.
The Fifth Season of Digimon Had Marcus and Augumon.Marcus's Father Went into the Digital World with some Others.He Was then Decived by A Scientist in his Group and Taken Over By a Digimon.
Marcus and Augumon met in a Fight. He Later Joins the Digimon Data Squad, Who Grants Him Access to the Digital World.After Fighting to Digivolve Augumon with other Digimon or Stopping the Crazy Scientist who Plans on Destroying the Digimon ,He Learns of his Father in the Digital World.
His Posessed Father wants All Humans to Pay for the Damage to the Digimon And The Digital World.Marcus Eventually Fights the Digimon Controlling his Father and Defeats It.After his Father Returns Home, Marcus Goes Back to the Digital World With Augumon to see What other Battles Happen.

Augumon Looks Like a Yellow T-Rex.
He has Three More Forms
1.Augumon
2.Greymon
3. MetalGreymon
4.WarGreymon

With Pokémon In Always in the Spotlight, I Just Wish Digimon Had More Representation By Nintendo.
Wouldn't it be great if Pikachu Fought Augumon, or a Pokémon Vs Digimon Rival Fight. I Think it would be great to have Digimon.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I will write my theory of why I believe Digimon and Pokémon will meet soon:

The answer is very simple and is called Mega Evolution. I had never seen anything so identical to Digimon within the Pokémon universe, even the name is the same (in Japan it is called Warp and in the US is called Mega), but the features and even some formats are similar.

1 - The Mega evolving Pokémon is a temporary one, your monster will return to normal after a while. The same goes with Digimon.
2 - The Pokémon will return to normal after spending all energy. The same with Digimon.
3 - The Mega evolution is rare to happen between Pokémon. The same with Digimon.
4 - The trainer needs a device to create a Mega evolution. Digivices?
5 - The DNA symbol used in Mega evolution is also used in Digievolutions.
6 - The sentimental link between the Pokémon and the trainer is the same with the Digimon and his chosen ones.
7 - The level of power used by Mega forms of Pokémon is extremely high and could equate to some strong Digimon.
8 - The appearance of Mega Pokemon is just a modification of the original form, just like Digimon.
9 - They will even shout "Mega evolve Charizard!" , Identical to Digimon!

Needless to mention that Porygon is practically a Digimon. He could easily connect the two worlds.

But the fact is that these Mega evolving Pokémon is a blatant copy of Mega Digievolutions. And I believe this will be the starting point for a meeting between the two universes, especially now with Namco Bandai and Nintendo working together.

Below are some images of the facts:
It's a really good theory.
Mega Evolution does seem to borrow some elements from Digimon.
If the universes transverse or not in the future is an unknown, I personally doubt it, but crossovers are possible.
Pokemon company is pretty protective of its property.

In regards to the evolution line for Agumon, I don't think it'll matter much in Smash as there no transformations.
However if there was one for the final smash, i would like to see metalgreymon (Virus) to pay homage to the original digital pet device.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
I love Digimon, but I don't really see this happening. Would feel like an extremely random choice to be honest, Agumon simply doesn't even remotely approach the "mythical" status that other third party characters do, and while he's pretty damn famous among nerdy circles, he's really not all that iconic globally.

That said, it's fun to play around with the idea. If it did happen, I'd kinda love to see all the different evolutions implemented not as Final Smashes and **** like that, but as a part of the guy's actual moveset. Being able to go back and forth betwee Agumon and Greymon and Metalgreymon would be all kinds of awesome. Wargreymon could stay as a Final Smash, but being able to switch between different forms would make for a pretty damn fun characters. Wouldn't really happen in Smash 4 because of the whole no-transformation deal, but whatever.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Fact about Agumon :

Tyranomon was created to be the evolution of Agumon , however he was replaced by Greymon .

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Does anyone know Hiro though? Ryo is apparently the most known and loved video game main in the series but he's not partnered with an Agumon.
probably not by name but if they seen him they might say oh I know him he is the guy from Digimon World 1 on the ps1.
theres probably a game some where where he can turn into it
Digimon world 1 just to name one

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Did we talk about stages to go with Agumon yet?
My personal favourite choices would be Chaos Wasteland or Primary Village.

The former is Rumble Arena 2's answer to Final Destination, a stage comprized of 7 platforms that start out in a line but move up and down to provide and switch up height advantage. In addition to movement, the platforms may burst with flame pillars, be struck by lightning or even shake and fall but, no matter what they do, everything is slow and signposted enough that reacting to the environment is far more skill than luck. IMO it was the best stage in that game by a long way.
Visually, this stage represents the inside of season 3's D-Reaper.

And the latter is the original home of all baby digimon, reborn from the data of the deceased. It is a soft and bouncy grassland with trees and toys all around that would allow for a fun springy ground gimmick. It has little more to offer than that, gameplay wise, but is both an iconic area and a way to showcase all the main digimon's in-training and/or fresh forms in the background. While it may be most well known from the anime, Primary Village was also in the original Digimon World that everybody seems to love, albeit renamed to File City.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I guess that could work, with the mountain top as the stage and the blast line covered in clouds but there seems to be very little that would differentiate it from Final Destination, with the posibility of a flat temple roof platform being its greatest potential. The location is iconic but, short of giving it an obnoxious stage boss, it doesn't have much gameplay potential, IMO.

Is there anyone more able to recall the first season who could tell me whether or not the gloriously auroral summit of Spiral Mountain brings greater prospects?

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I guess that could work, with the mountain top as the stage and the blast line covered in clouds but there seems to be very little that would differentiate it from Final Destination, with the posibility of a flat temple roof platform being its greatest potential. The location is iconic but, short of giving it an obnoxious stage boss, it doesn't have much gameplay potential, IMO.

Is there anyone more able to recall the first season who could tell me whether or not the gloriously auroral summit of Spiral Mountain brings greater prospects?
I guess I should of said mt infinity from digimon world 1.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I guess I should of said mt infinity from digimon world 1.
I don't know much, if anything, about Digimon World as I did not have a playstation as a kid and simply couldn't get into it later. Rumble Arena and Digital Card Battle were more my thing. Which brings me to another suggestion:

How about the Deep Void from Rumble Arena? It represents no specific area from the digital world but instead sybolises its outer reaches, where everything is pure data and things like "land" and "sky" do not exist.

For the purpose of the fight, lost and floating code has formed a thin wireframe that, despite its massive gaps, still somehow supports the combatants' weight. Or rather, the concept thereof, since were there no floor they would simply float in the absence of gravity that fills this place.
Yes, this entire stage is a bare bones representation of what the fighters will it to be and this means that, wherever they go, it will follow. Their feet will always be supported and they will never be able to walk out of bounds.
The stage is infinitely large, yet always enclosed within two rings of digicode text that may or may not contain secret messages for fans to decipher. These will expand and contract so as to always be at the screen's edge, regardless of how far apart the fighters may be, but do not think they can expand forever, oh no! A mysterious force pulls players towards the center of the screen, the degree to which it does so entirely proportional to their seperation, ending only when they are a mere two stagebuilder blocks apart. Because of this, players cannot simply run away and expect to remain uncaught, yet should they run together, they can run forever.
Now, this does of course make horizontal KOs harder than normal, quite substantially so infact, but it does not make them impossible. You see, the camera can only move so fast. Should they be launched hard enough to pass through, over, under or between the rings of code, they will die instantly, without ever seeing the magnifier bubble. This can actually act as a boost to certain long range and hard hitting projectiles.

In short, this stage represents the place between worlds where fighters from between the two due it out. It is entirely flat and has no bottom blast zone, yet it is not walk-off either. It is not, however, walled on 3 sides and does allow for horizontal KOs, though it obviously favours the vertical sort. Despite this favouritism, however, it has a extra hig

Graizen

Smash Champion
Fact about Agumon :

If Agumon takes an X-Antibody he turns in to Agumon X!

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yep, and each further digivolution looks equally similar yet different to its regular form. Not sure whether or not I meantioned Agumon X as a costume but, if not, I meant to.

Also, do you have any input on stages Graizen?

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
So we have 15 days to the end of the Ballot , thank you all for your collaboration! ^-^

snakeguy86

Smash Cadet
I Own All the Digimon Seasons 1-6.
I Enjoyed Digimon Because Every Season is Different. Each One Has Cool Digimon and Each Season Has A Conclusion.
Pokémon Was Great When I Watched it as A kid, But Now Its Dragging its Heels.Ash Never Ages in all the Animes Seasons.
I Will Say That the Pokémon and Digimon Started As Games.

Augumon is One Of My Favorite Digimon.He's a Comical Character Who Will Fight For His Friends.
He Has the Ability to Connect with Strong,Courageous People Who fight Along Side Him with a Digivice.
He Likes Eating Food.

Top Bottom