• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viva La Smash-fest 2.0 - endlolio

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Thats Right!
The Second annual, Viva La Smash-Fest held at my house, Is coming!

August 6-7th 2007

135 Laurel Way, Winsted CT 06098

WE NEED MORE SETUPS

OPENING CEREMONIES 1PM MONDAY
<br>

SAVE YOUR SPOT WHILE YOU STILL CAN NUBBS

Now now, a year has passed, and ive met many new amazing people in the smash community.
So, what better way to celebrate it with the ultimate smashfest i can offer!
But that being said. Unlike last year where, i allowed people who i more or less didnt know come. That probably wont be happening again. Simply because, my house is big.. but not THAT big.
So .. its kind of an invitation, or more of a.. request / accept to come type thing.

"What the heck is Viva La Smash-Fest?"

Well there nublet.
Viva La Smash was a Tourney i hosted at my house that offered the following.
2 Day Long Event.
Super smash bros. Melee (Main room)
Dance Dance Revolution (Basement)
Guitar Hero(basement)
Mario party / halo / mario kart / whatever ( single tv for scrubs in other room lawl)

It then evolved into an actual tournament at a venue, which was very successful!

And we are trying to put together a large scale event ran by The Mages / Cataclysm staff.
And that is currently scheduled for Aug 3-4th 2007. But unfortunatly not a definite.

"Yeah yeah, who cares about history, whats THIS one all about?!"

Ok, calm down llamasaucer
Viva La Smash-Fest 2.0 will be held on August 11-12 2007
Heres what there is to do.
Super smash bros. Melee
-Tourneys-no Fees. no Prize. Unless people really want to.
-Crews!- Normal crew battles are a big part of VLS, BUT state v state are extremely fun. Last year we did CTv MA. and id like to do more, NY, RI.. eh? eh?
-Fee's - unlike last year, it will cost people money. There will be a mandatory charge for everyone attending. for probably around $15-20 .
NONE OF THIS IS FOR PROFIT All of the money will be used to purchase food for the event.
-Extras
-Swimming pool open . pretty much whenever. (Inground, heated, built in light, all that jazz)
-DDR, Guitar Hero, and all your other favorite games.

"Sweet deal Foobar! Where do i sign up!?"

Foobar? what teh crap...?
Anyways as stated above, more or less. request an invitation. And you will be put on the list. I havent decided the limit yet.. but its not going to be extremely high.
Simply make your request here on the thread. dont PM me. AIM Works as well.

Attendees.

1.Shminkledorf
2.V
3.Nus
4.Morgan
5.Jackie
6.<3
7.Skler
8.Pine
9. Cortles mc Bortles
10.Aiser
11.OWM
12.OBM
13.Greenhunter
14.GFab
15.Geos
16.PC Chris
17.Kip
18.Milktea
19.Awsmsean
20.Dazwa HO HO HEY HO
21.Darc
22.Boxman
23.Mattdotzeb
24.Spictom
25.Meesh
26.Stew
27.Brookman
28.Emmy

SIGNUPS CLOSED MESSAGE ME FOR QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS VIA AIM

====================================================
<===//ATTENDEE INFORMATION\\===>
**Expenses and Prizes:**
-$20 To cover all of your expenses. Mainly. Aloot of food. But i intend to use the extra money for prizes. Absolutly none will be kept.
-Building off of that, When i say prizes, that does mean tourneys yes. but not only. I have no intention of putting all of the money, into a big singles tourney pot, due to the fact that, its a fest, and just there to be ridiculously fun, and not competitive.
so, what exactly do i plan on doing? Each prize, will most likely only be going to 1st place in which ever event it is, rewarding $-- to whomever wins that event. Most likely a $10 -$20 prize, depending on how much extra money / events we have.
Events consist of:
-VLS2.0 Art Advertising contest. (Deadline July 13th)
-Singles
-Doubles
-Low Tier
-Dance Dance Revolution
-Marco polo
-..Eating contest?
~~~~MAKE SUGGESTIONS~~~~

**Travelers Backpack**
Guide to what exactly you will need to bring for yourself
-Sleeping gear (sleeping bag, pillows, etc)
-Towels (for pool and showers if you intend to shower
-DEODORANT (no m2ks allowed)
-$20 to cover all your food and such expenses.

~I also suggest that people bring Tents this time around.
Sleeping is for the weak, but some may like to sleep, and it would make things alot easier for some, if they wanted to pitch a tent outside.

**SETUPS**
Naturally Setups help if people want to play. And i think i can fit a total of 10-12.
So scrubs, step it up.
1.Squaminator (Full setup)
2.Mages (full setup)
3.Shminkledorf (full)
4.V
5.Mab
6.Blue (full)
7.Blue TV1+ Cube (needs smash)
8.Blue TV2(needs cube + smash)
9.Blue TV3(needs cube + smash)
10.Pine/skler? (1 setup)
11.Mages Full Setup #2
12 Halp fill mah spot

**TENTS**

1.pine / skler 1 tent

NEW

TIPS FOR YOUR TRIPS: lulz

**When using mapquest, you shouldnt have any problem, except for this. At the very end of your trip, you should be headed up 263 towards laurel way where i live. More or less its a left turn at a 4 way intersection, and you cant see the sign for laurel way. so keep a look out.

** PARKING**
-I ask that if at all possible carpool with people. the less cars at my house the better but its not a super big deal. But alsoj, people can park along the road on the grass, or pull into my driveway and park on the grass at the end of my driveway. thanks loves.

***ALL DRIVERS***
Message me VIA Aim @ Pandattackannon
For any questions at all.
I highly reccomend messaging me for my phone numbers so that you can contact me if you end up having any trouble getting to my house.

The Bum

Smash Cadet
Awesome. Last years was one of the best days of the year. You can expect me and the other members of the U.S.A. to come.

Green Hunter

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure I'll be heading down there with the Black Mage as long as it's okay. The last one was much fun indeed.

And you actually do have to watch your stuff. I almost lost my cell phone there, but it was fortunately found in someone's shoe.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Reason that there is no address. is because. As stated. Its request for invitation, because im only allowing a certain amount of people to come.. itll be a good amount.. but not 50+ or anything thats for sure

Eric my love. of course you can come upstairs.
Kevin aka greenhunter, yes, you pretty much have to come or else i will slay you.
Darc. only if the orgy involves storm troopers, and Rick Astley

Skler

Smash Master
Reason that there is no address. is because. As stated. Its request for invitation, because im only allowing a certain amount of people to come.. itll be a good amount.. but not 50+ or anything thats for sure

Eric my love. of course you can come upstairs.
Kevin aka greenhunter, yes, you pretty much have to come or else i will slay you.
Darc. only if the orgy involves storm troopers, and Rick Astley
Well, I look just like Rick Astley. Looks like you have to invite me unless you want a sub par orgy.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
I would gladly take off work for Viva la Smash (if it is happening) and I would also gladly take off work for Viva la Smash Fest. May I come, I'm over 21 and I could bring booze if you like lol. Also, do you need set-ups?

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Lol. booze is always good. but i dont know if i want it there or not yet.
But. For those, such as yourself who i dont really know .
Your request will simply be pending for the time being
i have to see what number i have. this isnt a for a few months so meh.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
win win win...im totally there. i call bed in the room brookman and i fell asleep in last year. i also request that brookman is there with me and that we get to watch bakura pass out in the doorway again.

Ghetto Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
just watched the montage from last time, so good...

i request that there be a random arm creepily laying on the floor coming out of the closet again

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Bahluuuuu, can I come please?... glares at Nus for approval also. I'll bring peoplz and foodz and stuffz.

I really wanna see this phenomenal upstairs. :o

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Well. the concept of BRINGING food.. is.. intersting.. rofl

It can bel ike a picnic..
Regardless it would probably be easier for people to bring cash money, then me and like 2 others go shopping w/ the moneya nd stocking up for the 2 days.

*goes to add others to list*

OK
NEWS TYME:

Ive decided to make the cap for the amount of people to come. Capped at 25.
this being said.. if i dont know you, the chances of you coming are slim, and i apoligize for this, but we will see what happens over the next 2 months.
On another note.. with Guests. Heres what you have to do
First , i YES must know them. Im sorry but, thast how its going to be.
Emmy if its like Adat you want to bring, i know him thast cool, just let me know.
Any Questions?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Can I bring my own food? I'll feel bad once IM IN UR FRIDGE EATIN UR FOODZ! ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL /CAPS

Top Bottom