• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Virginia Tech tourney with results (feb 17)

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
Yay! I just wanna rethank everyone for coming, it was such a blast.
We had 12 teams, and 27 entrants for singles, amazing.

We had a Cell phone, and one black controller with tape on the cord left here, if its your let me know via AIM or on here.

Teams:
1) Sheppedge (Shepp and Ravedge)
2) Venture Bros (Bobz and my room mate Red)
3) Jerusalem (Cow and Alex)
4) Hawkins (Justin and Trevor)
5) Team #2 (Razgriz and Crimson Phoenix)
5) Tim's Team (The Dark Tim and his Bro)
7) MZ (Max and Zach W)
7) BoneArms (Trey and Jason)
9) FacePalm (Andrew and Clint)
9) Justin's Balls (Ed and Jimmy)
9) Sentinel (Matt and T)
9) Kill Ed 02 (Zach and Travis)

Singles:
1) Savedge
2) Shepp
3) Cow
4) Bobz
5) Zach W
5) RazGriz
7) Justin
7) Red
9) Trevor
9) Max
9) Jason
9) Clint
13) The Dark Tim
13) Ed
13) Steven
13) Paul
17) Mario
17) Jimmy
17) Will
17) Bryan
17) Cullen
17) Matt
17) Alex
17) TW
25) Trey, T and Sean were unlucky enough to not get byes

Everyone ran really smooth, thanks to everyone that brought set ups, we had 8 running and it was just awesome. I seeded the top four for both teams and singles, and the results came in that way, so I think I did well with that.

Cow

Smash Apprentice
already committed
to this tournament.
word up

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Tech is relatively close by. I'll drop by if I'm not busy, and I can commit a cube and a copy of smash if I do come.

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
Awesomeness. I'll be at c3 this weekend, and when i get back here sun/monday i'll make a post in the tourney section with the rules, location etc.

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
I have plans for this weekend but when you make the post you should keep it in this section I think since it's mostly gonna be a more local tourney. I still wish you guys the best.

Dark Tim

Smash Journeyman
so no eddie.... ):

I dont know if that is a good thing ora bad thing now that I think about it...... haha

AverageScalp

Smash Cadet
Hm, a two hour drive... that sounds completely worth it. You should post up the time, rules, and exact address and whatnot that you'll be using.

If I can come I could bring a cube and a copy of smash with me too.

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
Edited the first post with all the info, let me know if you guys are coming.

Dark Tim

Smash Journeyman
Me and my brother are in for the festivities, lemme know if you need tvs or cubes from me

btw, entry fees and what not?

Met

Smash Ace
IM SO HAPPY.... Hey bob sup? Like i siad earlyer we got some cubes and mabye some wiis and tvs and junk people come to this thing. We gona get some scrubs to give us their money. hehe:laugh:

AverageScalp

Smash Cadet
Okay, I'm definitely in with at least one friend, if not two and my older brother. I will be able to bring a cube and smash, and I SHOULD be able to bring a TV.

EDIT: I can definitely bring a tv; though of couse it's a bit small and has craptacular sound.

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
cool beans, who else who else?

i think that makes three set ups, woot. But hopefully i can get "met" and his friends to bring at least another one. If i could at least get to 5-6, that would be great.

pwndj00n00b

Smash Journeyman
Any way you can make it at a public place like a gamestop or something? Most of our crew wants to come but we cant unless its in a public area. If not I wish my friend ISD luck cause he'll probly be there. PM me if you can change the location.

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
Nah man, sorry. I dont want to deal with any place, and them wanting a cut, I just wanna chill and have fun. Shame you can't make it. Is it a parents thing? They are more then welcome to come up and scope us out, I have the solid nice guy look, I'm sure I could convince them its all cool.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
im thinking i can come and bring a few friends too...doubt i can bring a set up though so sorry about that haha
Hey, man. PM me and lets talk about maybe doing a carpool or at least leaving with each other. Roanoke must band together, lol.

Savedge

Smash Apprentice
i can bring wii with smash.. **** the cube..... need a tv? dunno if i can grab one or not.. but if u need one let me know

pwndj00n00b

Smash Journeyman
Yeah its our parents that don't want us to go. I told them that they could come and supervise us and stuff, but they still said no. I'm not gonna argue cause Im not gonna get grounded. Team And1 is gonna to try to talk to an EB or Gamestop to see if we can hold a tourney in Salem/Roanoke so maybe yall can smash with us and vice versa if it falls through. Well our Fox player ISD should be there so he can possibly represent us lol.

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
Bring the TVs! we have three empty rooms to put them into, if only for friendlies, and it would make the tourney run super quick if we could have most of each level in the brackets playing at once.

Can't wait to hang with you guys this saturday, should be a blast.

"Chosen one!" "... i'm ... not coming?" bummer man.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Wish i could good sir.. but this weekend i can't find the time to spend 60$ driving out there, and back.. for a pot total of 40..

edit-I would also have to borrow my sisters car to do this.. and that's not happening.. >_<

Top Bottom