• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Virginia Tech tourney with results (feb 17)

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
Cool, we should set up some of the tvs and such tonight when Cow gets here, cant wait for tomorrow guys!

oh yeah, everyone bring your own controller, dunno if you guys know that...

and razgriz, wheres that name from? i've seen a guildie in wow use that name

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Well, NOW my parents thought it would be a good time to grill me with liability questions that I can't answer. And it doesn't help that I don't have any familiar faces to relate this tourney with.

Anyway, aside from the fact that I know nothing unsafe is going to happen tomorrow, my parents don't fele safe dropping me off, and they don't want to stay with me.
Sorry for the late notice. I wish I would've known earlier myself.

I apologize to Dave, especially because I pretty much promised him I'd show.

Met

Smash Ace
hey. this is actually alexander on justin's name, cause I don't feel like making an account. I had to leave right before the finals, and I heard some of the matches that got recorded were quite impressive... any idea if and when you guys will get them up? I can't wait to see them.

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
Added Results, thanks again to everyone who came, was a lot of fun.

SheppEdge was too good, and Cow really stepped it up, good stuff.

Razgriz

Smash Journeyman
Good times you guys. The tournament went pretty smoothly. I learned a lot. I'll be better next time. Bobz: That black controller with the tape on it is mine :3. In place of it I accidentaly took your purple controller. My controller is pretty new, and this one seems to be in good shape too, so I don't care if you don't. My friend took my purple one first but switched it for a black one, so I thought ur purple was mine. My bad yo. On a different note, if you host another tournament (which I encourage you to do) I'll probably be there with a couple of TVs and cubes again.

Jason: Those were the closest matches I've had since I can't remember. They should have been taped. That was crazy.

Justin: You've got an awsome Captain Falcon. I definitely got lucky in beating you. You're a better player than me for sure. At least for now.

Cow: Nasty Peach man. Ouch. I didn't even stand a chance. Good ****.

Bobz: I had a lot of fun fighting your Marth. It was pretty close. I do hope you do something like this again so I can face your Marth again.

Cow

Smash Apprentice
yo i'm pretty tired
good stuff everyone, was lotsa fun
i started upping matches to youtube, but it takes a bit and since right now my internet connection is a faint wireless signal from someone in this apartment complex it's going a little slow. when i get back to my place i'll finish upping, here's what i got up so far.
Finals
Set 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc8BI5aevw8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuENAZl--aQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LOALqQsugk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbk9sSRNAGQ
Set 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N48aRPZlMMA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3Gt4HVTcR8
(Match 3 Missing, sorry guys)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaLzIuPJuBM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0-rq0M5964

Edit: finished uploading all of the finals. there's a little bit of screwiness, i'm still new to this capture device. the last two are the real matches -- for those of you just joining us, savedge and shepp came together and played mostly random chars against eachother for the finals.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
hmm 17th....Well at least my friend RazGriz got 5th and I play with him on a weekly bases.
But from what few matches I played in the tournament they were pretty **** good. My only regret is that I switched to Sheik after I was a stock up or so on that Fox player and lost because of it.
Overall I learn that my Zelda is now a force to be feared and that I was one of the best Sheiks there.
Next time I'll take the prize. :cool:

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
Razgriz: thanks for bringing all the set ups, good stuff. Wish we could've played more matches but I was just worn out from running the thing, we didn't play at all for the rest of the night. Your marth is very stylized, you always pause and play a unique waiting game that really threw my samus off, good thing my marth dittos skills are decent.

Cow: you are the man! I still don't know how me and red beat you and alex in teams, that was so nutty.

Justin and crew: good stuff, wish Alex had done better, but going to losers and having to play Zach W right away sucks. I'm sure I'll see all you guys within the week, keep it up!

LBC: you guys are too good. Zach W, still not sure how I beat you, esp after watching you chain throw the crap out of other people, good stuff. Max: my only tourney regret was that you had to play Shepp so soon, and then unluckily got Zach in the losers, Sorry man.

Everyone else: thanks for coming, and esp to those that brought the set ups, you guys really made this thing work. I hope everyone had fun, and I wish I could've played more of you.

Shepp

Smash Apprentice
I had a lot of fun. Im glad i got to go because this was sort of a last minute thing for me.

Bobz: hit me up on aim (ErictheErible) thats my cell you found

General: It kinda sucks we only got to play one match against each other. we talk about this game on aim all the time and then when we're under the same roof together we barely play each other.

We have a bunch more matches on tape of me and savedge playing for real rather than picking random chars. we'll probably have them up pretty soon.

Met

Smash Ace
Thanks for hosting the tournament, Bob.

Haha, Alexander got 17th.

Razgriz- I wish I could've played some more friendlies against you. Thanks for what you said.

Savedge&&Shepp- Thanks for coming down and taking all of our money. :D If you ever want to play, or you need a place to stay, our apartment will be open for chilling when we get it.

P.S. 7th place is ten more place above Alexander. lolololololol

AverageScalp

Smash Cadet
This was AMAZING. The amount of great players there truly blew me away... I could literally feel the skill seep into my body just from being there. Thanks so much for holding this!

Razgriz: Thanks for all of the tips on playing marth, and I'll let my older brother (Jason) know what you thought of your matches with him.

Haha, I only got up to 9th in the singles because of luck of the draw; people there that got 17th could beat me.

Seriously, thanks again. This was a great learning experience!

CGA_Red

Smash Rookie
It was badass to be there--we got lucky in teams...

thank you cow / alex for beating sheppedge.

i regret that my set with razgriz wasn't on tape. it was bloody epic...

"holy ****, that taunt just cost me the match."

but--nothing will come close to cow's comments during the team brawls.

we were getting smoked by sheppage. i was out, and Bobz was against the two of them. from the back of the room:

Cow: HANK! If there's ever a time i need you NOT to be Hank, it's now.

freaking priceless.

Shepp

Smash Apprentice
It was badass to be there--we got lucky in teams...

thank you cow / alex for beating sheppedge.

i regret that my set with razgriz wasn't on tape. it was bloody epic...

"holy ****, that taunt just cost me the match."

but--nothing will come close to cow's comments during the team brawls.

we were getting smoked by sheppage. i was out, and Bobz was against the two of them. from the back of the room:

Cow: HANK! If there's ever a time i need you NOT to be Hank, it's now.

freaking priceless.
we caught that on camera...i think

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Well, first of all, Bobz, thanks for hosting this thing at your place. It was a lot of fun and great practice/ experience. More than worth the hour drive and $10. I'm glad that my parents at least let me stay for a while.

Red: Good match. Not really much to say about it, except that stich face was random, and I fail at avoiding tilts.....

Savedge: You would be the first person that's ever Ken combo'd me. Congrats, lol. Next time we meet, I have to play against your Falcon. Hopefully I won't be as predictable next time.

Shepp: Now, that I know what you look like and everything, good match. Your link is very formidable. I'm going to have to learn to DI if I ever want to stand a chance against you. (I did edge tech for the first time the other day, so that 's a step in the right direction.) Anyway, I'll have to practice a bit more, but I look foward to our next match.

To everyone: It was a breath of fresh air actually playing people who knew what the game was about. (there's maybe one or two guys down here who take the game seriously)

I'm afraid that I'm going to have to take a hiatus on Smash for a while (40 days to be exact.) I'm trying to give up gaming and gaming related things for lent to further focus on school work (we'll see how that goes,) so if you don't here from me for a while don't think I'm blowing anyone off.

Well, take it easy fellas.

Top Bottom