• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villains of the Legend of Zelda series/ Who is deemed worthy to rule the Smash scene?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Once again I'm back tryin to revive the Brawl Character Discussion section on this forum. Maybe I'll do it with this awesome thread.....maybe.

As you know, Link is the only confirmed character on Brawl and we know good & well that you can't have a hero without a couple of villains in the mix. These are a list of some of Legend of Zelda's greatest villains that our hero had to encounter. Who deserves to become a Smash combatant? Well, I'll leave that entirely up to you.

1# Ganondorf

He's the King of Darkness, the wielder of the Triforce of Power, and the central antagonist of the Legend of Zelda series. Furthermore, he already has Smash Bros. Melee on his resume. Finally, he's got an impressive amount of fan base. C'mon people, he's a automatic shoe-in for Brawl. Ganon for Brawl!

2# Dark Link

Oh lets not forget about Link's malevolent alter ego. I can also recall that he made a cameo on SSBM on an event battle. Dark Link has had plenty of game appearances to be a Brawl top contender. He's practically Ganon's right hand man. Kudos to Dark Link!

3# Vaati

The Wind Sorcerer himself could make an in game appearance and stun the Brawl fan nation with his presence! Now that you think about it, he'd have an interesting moveset if he made it to the Brawl character roster. Our hero has had epic battles with this troublesome foe. Will they continue there epic rivalry on Smash? Only time will tell.

4# Skull Kid

This guy's obstacle course of an adventure in Majora's Mask was a thorn in Link's side. Also, Skull Kid was an impressive last boss on Majora's Mask. I wouldn't be suprised in the least if he made an in game appearance on Brawl.

5# Zant

One of the most recent villains added to the Legend of Zelda series, The Twilight King. I was scepticle at first, but now I think he would be a sweet addition to to Brawl.

6# Twinrova

The surrogate mothers of the King of Darkness themselves, Twinrova. They were cool bosses for Link to go head to head with on Ocarina of Time. They also made an appearance in Oracle of Seasons/Ages. These witches have made the Legend of Zelda storyline very intertaining to say the least. Hmm....we could use more characters on Brawl that use sorcery & black magic.

7# Onox

Even though that this villain only made one game appearance on a handheld console, I think that Onox was a cool boss to face. I mean just look at him, his armor along with his ball 'n' chain is just so tight! I would like to see him make the Brawl roster.

8# Agahnim

I really like this villain on a more personal level. He really made me interested in the Legend of Zelda storyline, for A Link to the Past was the very first LOZ game I ever played. Well anyway, I would like to see if the developers of Brawl revive this villain and revamp him. That would be beyond sweet.

9# Veran (here you are Destruction King)

And last but certainly not least is Veran. Even though that she made only one game appearance on Oracle of Ages, I think that she has a chance to make it even though it's a slim chance. Besides, Brawl is in need of female villains and if she's added, she'll be the first.

So, which of these villains do you want to see on Brawl? The ball's in your court.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Wow, I LOVE the art style used for Dark link. o_o And that Ganondorf looks sweet as hell.

Dark Link reminds me of someone else though.. Eh. >.<

But out of all them, the most logical choices would be Vaati and Zant (Considering Ganondorf is already in Melee, and probably Brawl too). Vaati is seemingly becoming the enemy towards the new Link, ala Minish Cap and Four Swords, and Zant being a new enemy could easily become an addition as well.

The rest are nice, but nah.. TR, Onox and Agahnim have little to no chance on appearing. And Dark Link is pretty much Link, it'd be like saying Dark Samus would be a good addition while Samus is there too. =/ They just look too alike, my opinion though.

Woops, forgot skull kid. He'd fall under the category of TR, Onox and Agahnim.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Dude! Those first few pictures rocked! Amazing!

Although... I have doubts of Dark Link getting in. He seems too similar to regular Link if you ask me...

You said Dark Link is Ganondorf's right-hand man? I picture Phantom Ganon being Ganondorf's righ-hand man, but Dark Link is close.

And about Agahnim, I'd love to see him make a comback!

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Just for the record, Ganodorf is Aghanim. Aghanim is Ganondorf's Alter Ego in LttP and he states this in the final battle with him.

On another note, Skull Kid is NOT a villain. Majora's Mask is. Get it right.

Also, why does Onox get to be on the page while Veran does not? I thought she was more evil than Onox was.

Still, all in all Ganon(dorf) is the only villain with the right to be called the Final Boss of the Zelda series. Kill him as many times as you like. He'll be back in the sequel. He is the true force of evil in Hyrule.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Wow, I LOVE the art style used for Dark link. o_o And that Ganondorf looks sweet as hell.

Dark Link reminds me of someone else though.. Eh. >.<

But out of all them, the most logical choices would be Vaati and Zant (Considering Ganondorf is already in Melee, and probably Brawl too). Vaati is seemingly becoming the enemy towards the new Link, ala Minish Cap and Four Swords, and Zant being a new enemy could easily become an addition as well.

The rest are nice, but nah.. TR, Onox and Agahnim have little to no chance on appearing. And Dark Link is pretty much Link, it'd be like saying Dark Samus would be a good addition while Samus is there too. =/ They just look too alike, my opinion though.

Woops, forgot skull kid. He'd fall under the category of TR, Onox and Agahnim.
Yeah yeah I know. Those were some sweet pictures of them, but they were just way to big so I had to replace them. (even though I saved them to my computer heh heh) I don't want to make it so the viewers would have a difficult time to read.

Also, did that last picture remind you of Itachi Uchiha Kirye?

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
You have Onox, but where's Varan? She has an equal shot. Twilight Princess Ganon is much better than Wind Waker Ganon, so he gets my vote. I didn't much like Vaati, but all the others are fine. I think Dark Link should be a costume though.

taylorb9113

Smash Cadet
Twinrova and Onox would be awesome. I don't really like Skull Kid too much.
*runs away before I get hurt for saying that*

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
yeah but wouldnt be equally acceptable to say skull kid "wearing" the mask is a villain
As I recall, the final boss of Majora's Mask was the Mask itself, and NOT Skull Kid. If Majora's Mask can act as its own entity, then no, Skull Kid wearing the Mask is not a villain because anyone could wear the mask. However, Since Majora's Mask can act and fight by itself, without the aid of a wearer (as seen in the final battle of Majora's Mask), then Majora's Mask has earned the right to be on the list and not Skull Kid.

I still don't see Veran people.

Croco

Smash Lord
Agahnim..
I'm hoping that he will make some showing Brawl..
I don't care if he is a trophy or a character. Just that he makes it in there somewhere.

kmokmo

Smash Cadet
As I recall, the final boss of Majora's Mask was the Mask itself, and NOT Skull Kid. If Majora's Mask can act as its own entity, then no, Skull Kid wearing the Mask is not a villain because anyone could wear the mask. However, Since Majora's Mask can act and fight by itself, without the aid of a wearer (as seen in the final battle of Majora's Mask), then Majora's Mask has earned the right to be on the list and not Skull Kid.

I still don't see Veran people.
but the mask wouldn't have been able to do any of it if the skull kid hadn't stolen and worn it, which makes him an accidental villain. plus without the use of his body the mask wouldn't have gotten as far as it did, so yeah he was a villian, just an accidental one

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
but the mask wouldn't have been able to do any of it if the skull kid hadn't stolen and worn it, which makes him an accidental villain. plus without the use of his body the mask wouldn't have gotten as far as it did, so yeah he was a villian, just an accidental one
But you see, he isn't an accidental villain. Skull Kid is not a villain. He's just stupid.

Majora' mask is a villain and he uses Skull Kid as a puppet (that's what he refers to him as in game.) Saying Skull Kid is a villain is just like saying Zelda is a villain in Twilight Princess. By your logic, we should be asking why Zelda isn't up there. After all you do have to fight her don't you?

See. That's what I'm saying. No one in their right mind would classify Zelda as a villain. Therefore, Skull Kid cannot be considered a villain either. Only Majora's mask.

Thanks for adding Veran.:)

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614

I think Horsehead would be a cool character, extremely unlikely, though. Old NES characters in Brawl = ^_^

D

Deleted member

Heck, Veran looks like a Twili.

I guess Zant isn't the only Ganondorf sympathiser.

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
But Skull Kid wearing Majora's Mask WAS the villan for 90% of the game. When you play TP, you don't think 'Zelda is evil and she always has been.' In MM, the skull kid pretty much represents the evil you have to defeat. Therefore, skull kid wearing MM could be a villan.

That being said, I think Vaati has the highest chance of any of those characters, but I would still enjoy seeing Skull Kid.

kmokmo

Smash Cadet
But you see, he isn't an accidental villain. Skull Kid is not a villain. He's just stupid.

Majora' mask is a villain and he uses Skull Kid as a puppet (that's what he refers to him as in game.) Saying Skull Kid is a villain is just like saying Zelda is a villain in Twilight Princess. By your logic, we should be asking why Zelda isn't up there. After all you do have to fight her don't you?

See. That's what I'm saying. No one in their right mind would classify Zelda as a villain. Therefore, Skull Kid cannot be considered a villain either. Only Majora's mask.

Thanks for adding Veran.:)
ok i havent played TP yet so no comment on the zelda thing. but a floating mask as a smash character wouldn't feel right so im just saying they should attatch the mask to skull kid to give it a body and make it eaiser to have a moveset. but your right "technically" he's not a villain, but he did help so that at least makes him a little bad, plus he was a prankster and pranksters are evil.

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
Skull kid wasn't a 'villain' per se, just an antagonist. if that makes any sense.

Anyway, i think it's safe to assume Ganondorf is returning, and i think that Vaati, being the next most reacuring villain has the best shot at brawl. Midna will probably get in before any of theses characters though, IMO.

And wait, who looks like Itachi?

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Out of all of those, Ganon is really the only one that stands out in my mind as having a snowball's chance of making it in. I don't want to sound rude, but most of those hardly seem like worthwhile additions to Brawl. Especially Dark Link. Euch. :urg:

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
ok i havent played TP yet so no comment on the zelda thing. but a floating mask as a smash character wouldn't feel right so im just saying they should attatch the mask to skull kid to give it a body and make it eaiser to have a moveset. but your right "technically" he's not a villain, but he did help so that at least makes him a little bad, plus he was a prankster and pranksters are evil.
But Majora's Mask DOES have a body. Don't you remember the final battle in Majora's Mask? He has the ability to grow those tendrils and I truly believe that this is the truest form of Majora's Mask. Don't you rmember Majora's Wrath? That is the true antagonist of the game. Not Skull Kid.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND if you remember, Skull Kid WAS a good guy in OOT. He buys a mask from you and promises to share it with all the other Skull Kids. Which by the way, makes Skull Kid a Generic Character, not a Single Character.

So like Zelda, you DO know he's a good guy before hand.

So. Here's the wrapup.

1. Majora's Mask can fight with a body without using Skull Kid.
2. We knew Skull Kid was a good guy in OOT.
3. Skull Kid is technically a species and not a single character.

And if Skull Kid were to be in Brawl, it would be in his TP getup, which means he wouldn't be wearing Majora's Mask in the first place. HA!

**** I'M GOOD!!

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Well, Zelda imo DOES need more rep.

I mean, they're lagging behind Mario...

;)
That's why Midna or Tingle could help. Zelda needs rep, but it doesn't need it in the form of villains. Ganon is the quintessential Zelda bad guy. Any one else, or any others, are unnecesary.

kmokmo

Smash Cadet
But Majora's Mask DOES have a body. Don't you remember the finbal battle? He has the ability to grow those tendrils and I truly believe that that is the truest form of Majora's Mask. Don't you rmember Majora's Wrath? That is the true antagonist of the game. Not Skull Kid.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND if you remember, Skull Kid WAS a good guy in OOT. He buys a mask from you and promises to share it with all the other Skull Kids. Which by the way, makes Skull Kid a Generic Character, not a Single Character.

So like Zelda, you DO know he's a good guy before hand.

So. Here's the wrapup.

1. Majora's Mask can fight with a body without using Skull Kid.
2. We knew Skull Kid was a good guy in OOT.
3. Skull Kid is technically a species and not a single character.

And if Skull Kid were to be in Brawl, it would be in his TP getup, which means he wouldn't be wearing Majora's Mask in the first place. HA!

**** I'M GOOD!!
oh yeah i forgot about the final battles body type thing but skull kid looks better. and as an adult he tries to kill you with a seed shooter in Oot, how is that good? and the other ones are just generic the one that buys the mask actually continues on into MM and becomes a main character.

also zeldas a girl but you said "he's a good guy"

my wrap up

1. skull kid looks cooler
2. he tries to kill you in OoT also
3. im not talking about all of them just the one that continues on from OoT to MM

and really is there any guarantee he will be in his TP form? cause your just speclutaing on that

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
and really is there any guarantee he will be in his TP form? cause your just speclutaing on that

If through some unknown God Awful reason that the powers behind SSBB put Skull Kid in Brawl, then yes it will be in his TP getup because Link's in his. Ganondorf and Zelda will undoubtedly be in their TP getups as well.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I honestly don't rember anything about selling a mask to him in OoT. He wasn't good nor bad in OoT, maby misunderstood. He was a forest imp/spirit, who connected to children, and hated all adults. (thus he shot darts or something at you as adult link). There were 3 Skull Kids in OoT.

2 of them were a band recital thing, they play the Ocarina you play it back, you get a heart piece.

The other was one sat on a tree stump, and you play the ocarina to cheer him up (sarias song I think), you get a heart piece. If you got to close to him he would disappear.

In MM skull kid implies they have met before *refereing to OoT*

If he were to get in, I belive it would be his MM form, due to that is when he was his own character, when he had alot of depth, and when he was in the height of his popularity.

kmokmo

Smash Cadet
If through some unknown God Awful reason that the powers behind SSBB put Skull Kid in Brawl, then yes it will be in his TP getup because Link's in his. Ganondorf and Zelda will undoubtedly be in their TP getups as well.
just because one character gets updated to a newer version doesen't mean all characters from that game will. You have no definate proof that he will just like i have no definite proof he won't. (though personally I think they'll go with whichever they feel looks best)

also what the person above me said about being in MM form cause he was his own character does seem logical.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
just because one character gets updated to a newer version doesen't mean all characters from that game will. You have no definate proof that he will just like i have no definite proof he won't. (though personally I think they'll go with whichever they feel looks best)
I don't think he's making it in in the first place.

Anyway, If they did add a new character, my money's on Midna.

Oh and by the way. When one character from a series gets updated, it usually DOES mean all characters from that series gets updated. It'd look pretty silly for OOT Ganondorf to be fighting TP Link.

kmokmo

Smash Cadet
I don't think he's making it in in the first place.

Anyway, If they did add a new character, my money's on Midna.

Oh and by the way. When one character from a series gets updated, it usually DOES mean all characters from that series gets updated. It'd look pretty silly for OOT Ganondorf to be fighting TP Link.
but like D3monicWolv3s said he would probably be in his MM form because that was when he was actually his own character and when he was at his popularity height, but yeah he doesn't have a high chance to get in, but he still has a chance

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Well, Zelda imo DOES need more rep.

I mean, they're lagging behind Mario...

;)
That's because Mario has a ton more characters, and therefore a lot mor relevant characters.
If the main cast of Mario was included, it would be 8 (Mario, Luigi, Wario, Peach, Toad, Donkey Kong, and Bowser)

Whereas Legend of Zelda's main cast is 3 (Link, Ganon, Zelda.

Hoboman725

Smash Journeyman
I've thought for a while now that Majora's Mask would be a good character. The mask mind you, not skull kid, but the mask.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
There's only one correct answer to this question, and that's Ganon. I'm convinced that Ganondorf is already in Brawl, just not confirmed yet, and that he'll have his TP look, so I don't even need to mention him. After Ganondorf, though, comes Ganon. You know, this pig monster, the original Zelda villan. I don't care if he's with Ganondorf as part of a transformation thing or on his own, but he's the best choice, hands down.

As for the others...
Agahnim is Ganondorf in a robe. He could be a costume, but he can't be his own character because he ISN'T his own character. And phantom Ganon, dark link, and all the rest are recurring minibosses. The zelda series has many recurring adversaries, but not all of them should get in. I mean, Gohma makes several appearances too, but that doesn't make her a possible character.
Onox, Veran, and even Zant are the same so far as I see it: all of them are just distractions. None of them are the real evil force to be fought with in their games, and I'm pretty sure none of them are coming back.
And Skull Kid is just a bad guy who happened to be a bit character in another game, which I don't think is enough to count him a major recurring character. He's cool and all, but so is most anything in the zelda series besides tingle.

I think the only real choice besides Ganon is Vaati. He's appeared as a final boss in several games, and he even has his own sword which Link must use to defeat him. He seems to be on his way to becoming the staple villan for the cartoony style zelda games, which gives him a rival in young link. Although I'll wait to see who the bad guy is in phantom hourglass before I call anything.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Ummm.... updated? humm... no I have to dissagree. Yes it would make sense for the three mains to appear in thier recent form, but that doesn't mean they all have to, not saying it won't or will, just stating where I stand on this.

I think of it this way.

People want WW link. and isn't that a multiple link. So that doesn't make sense. Having two links in a game isn't a little odd to you? "hey look WW Link just hit link" yeah... see what I mean?

Having Wario in his new outfit is basicly saying "Hey I can exsist in 2 series, Woot!"

I don't think the game has to make sense, the first game they were all dolls brought to life by a giant glove/hand. And in SSBM they are trophies. Now does that make any sense at all? no its all made up, its all up to the makers of SSBB. They could make the final boss a huge flower, they make desicions, and if they choose to put Skull kid in, chances are it will be his MM form because he has a story, is more recognizable, and he made a character out of himself.

*sigh* Recently I don't even feel like coming to this section of the forum anymore, seems kinda reptitive, and pointless...

Top Bottom