• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villains Mafia - Bad enough dudes! - ENDGAME - HERO + RAM VICTORY!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Not to mention this is the second game in a row that my planning gets you killed on night 2, praline :troll:

Sure, I wasn’t alone in Cap mafia, and your death was an accident since the scums went for Opo... but my point still stands. :p
Wait... if they went for Opo wasn’t I protecting him? I still had my armour so neither he or I should have died. What the ****!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait... if they went for Opo wasn’t I protecting him? I still had my armour so neither he or I should have died. What the ****!
Strongman overpowers the armor.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How come I was the first death then? Shouldn’t it have been you?
No, because you protected me. Basically the kill still happened, but you redirected it toward yourself.

The strongman kill just can't be blocked. Nothing said it couldn't be redirected. :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
No, because you protected me. Basically the kill still happened, but you redirected it toward yourself.

The strongman kill just can't be blocked. Nothing said it couldn't be redirected. :p
Redirected? What? I was the doctor role. I had no redirect ability.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Redirected? What? I was the doctor role. I had no redirect ability.
You weren't the doctor. You were the bodyguard. Your role said you take the blow for someone else. Ergo, you redirect whatever happens to them to you. So you got strongman killed.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You weren't the doctor. You were the bodyguard. Your role said you take the blow for someone else. Ergo, you redirect whatever happens to them to you. So you got strongman killed.
Really? Well my bad I guess.

But hey... atleast I can say that I’m the only person that’s lived to the last phase of every mafia game still. :smirk:

(FFA and mafia games are their own things imo since they play differently)

D

Deleted member

According to Mafia Scum wiki, a Strongman kill would just ignore a Bodyguard's protective ability much like it would with a Doctor. It's not a redirect so it shouldn't have taken effect and Opo is the one who should have died.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Really? Well my bad I guess.

But hey... atleast I can say that I’m the only person that’s lived to the last phase of every mafia game still. :smirk:

(FFA and mafia games are their own things imo since they play differently)
If you don’t count Animafia because I was hosfgoofed, so was I :p

And that’s counting the FFA :troll:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
According to Mafia Scum wiki, a Strongman kill would just ignore a Bodyguard's protective ability much like it would with a Doctor. It's not a redirect so it shouldn't have taken effect and Opo is the one who should have died.
I personally prefer the dynamic of strongman killing the bodyguard in this situation

But I think both situations are valid ways to handle the situation because either way, someone dies.

D

Deleted member

I personally prefer the dynamic of strongman killing the bodyguard in this situation

But I think both situations are valid ways to handle the situation because either way, someone dies.
Tbh, I don't. The whole point of Strongman is "to make sure this kill goes through". A Bodyguard stepping in is preventing that kill from going through.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Tbh, I don't. The whole point of Strongman is "to make sure this kill goes through". A Bodyguard stepping in is preventing that kill from going through.
While this is true, the bodyguard’s job is to take the hit for the target, so while it prevents the intended kill from going through, it causes a guaranteed kill nonetheless.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, that makes no sense to me.

The Bodyguard is not like a Doctor who just protects/saves the target, they get in the line of fire and take the hit for the target.
And with the wording used for praline's role, it made much more sense she died in that scenario anyway.

Especially since the Strongman bypassed her armor.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, that makes no sense to me.

The Bodyguard is not like a Doctor who just protects/saves the target, they get in the line of fire and take the hit for the target.
And with the wording used for praline's role, it made much more sense she died in that scenario anyway.

Especially since the Strongman bypassed her armor.
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Strongman
"Normal Guidelines
A Strongman cannot be stopped from performing a kill, unless their target has commuted. A Bodyguard would essentially be stopped from protecting against a kill and would not die."

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bodyguard
"Normal Guidelines
A Bodyguard that protects their target from one kill is considered Normal on mafiascum.net. A Bodyguard cannot stop a Strongman from committing a kill, nor a Weak role from dying due to targeting anti-town"

D

Deleted member

"Normal Guidelines
A Strongman cannot be stopped from performing a kill, unless their target has commuted. A Bodyguard would essentially be stopped from protecting against a kill and would not die."

"Normal Guidelines
A Bodyguard that protects their target from one kill is considered Normal on mafiascum.net. A Bodyguard cannot stop a Strongman from committing a kill, nor a Weak role from dying due to targeting anti-town"
Giving me the information on the wiki does not change a damn thing for what I said.

It makes no sense to me.

D

Deleted member

Giving me the information on the wiki does not change a damn thing for what I said.

It makes no sense to me.
You're using that as an argument as to why it should work as a redirecting ability and I'm using this as an argument as to why it should work as a protecting ability. If you want me to directly counter your argument, then what you think makes sense doesn't really matter to the game mechanics.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Guy! Guys! Who the hell cares? Clearly Apollo felt I should have died so can we just leave it at that?

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
normal or not who cares, rules are made to be edited and disputed for community use :V

guys are arguing over nothing but who died in a game that ended teh same day

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You're using that as an argument as to why it should work as a redirecting ability and I'm using this as an argument as to why it should work as a protecting ability. If you want me to directly counter your argument, then what you think makes sense doesn't really matter to the game mechanics.
The ones in charge of the game are the ones in charge of the game, not the wiki.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
"Normal Guidelines

"Normal Guidelines
As your argument says, they're NORMAL guidelines.

That implies there are variants, and what happened in the Capcom game is definitely one of such variants.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have literally never so much as consulted the wiki when making a Mafia game. Host rules, not the wiki. :p

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
idk I see Shish's point and it makes more sense to me, a strongman kill isn't a strongman kill if it can be blocked or redirected, and that's what praline did. The strongman kill ignores any protection on a target, and because praline attempted to protect Opossum for the night, they should have been ignored and Opossum should have died.

D

Deleted member

Swamp is probably a really good host so have faith in him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
idk I see Shish's point and it makes more sense to me, a strongman kill isn't a strongman kill if it can be blocked or redirected, and that's what praline did. The strongman kill ignores any protection on a target, and because praline attempted to protect Opossum for the night, they should have been ignored and Opossum should have died.
The host determines what the strongman does, not the wiki.

D

Deleted member

The ones in charge of the game are the ones in charge of the game, not the wiki.
I'm not saying they have to follow the wiki, but it's the only thing one can refer to. It's best to follow estabilished rules so players have a point of reference and so anyone can assume they're "normal unless stated otherwise".
I mean, there's nothing stopping hosts from giving Night results before Night is officially over but I'm sure most of us remember how that went with Usagi in Animafia.

D

Deleted member

You're trying to apply "Normal" game mechanics to a game that's constantly being tweaked between hosts in ways that can defy what the Wiki says based on how they see fit. Apollo and I felt that Bodyguard should be the one taking the bullet regardless, so that's what we went with. And in the end, it made literally no difference who died anyway as the result would have been the same with the only difference being who died that night.

For an example of deviating from the norm, we had a player whose role was literally that they couldn't be killed. Any form of kill be it Mafia factional kill, Vigilante kill, Desparado kill, Bomb kill, Suicide Bomber kill, etc. would not kill them.
By "normal" guidelines, a Strongman is able to kill someone who normally would be protected from said kill.
But it makes no sense for a Strongman to be able to kill that particular player regardless because their role outweighs that of the Strongman's.

Top Bottom