• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villains Mafia - Bad enough dudes! - ENDGAME - HERO + RAM VICTORY!

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
sure~ newcommers are always welcome~

and this is a good game for a first timer

ya know the rules at all?

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~

I think I sort of understand the rules... but an explanation would help out.
well....i'm horrible at explanations ^-^'

but anyway theres 3 groups

the town (in this case villains) are uninformed and populate the majority, their goal is to figure out who the mafia are and lynch them, using their abilities to help themselves out, they lose if mafia equals to or outnumber them and win if they can kill all the mafia

the mafia (heros) are informed and united with eachother and can personal chat and plan out together during the discussion and at night, using their abilities to plan a nightly kill and all their other group abilities their goal is to not die and slowly but surely deceive the town and kill them till they equal or outnumber and lose when they are all dead

then there are third parties who may or may not exist in the game, they are unaligne and neutral in the whole affair, they have their own goal in the whole mess and uniquely abilities usually, in most cases every third party is different so can't give anything there, probs best to communicate with the hosts for any questions there

there are two phases, day and night, during the day everybody comes here and chats and votes on who they want to lynch (or if the first day a nolynch) while mafia can chat with themselves privatly, not many abilites can be used here and its mostly for discussing and figuring out between the players, if something can be used during the day the ability will be labeled such and you can ask the host for confirmation anyway

night is when all the interesting stuff happens, players are only allowed to have a few reactions and ****posts during the night and most of the talking happen in private convos, you can use the majority of your abilites here as well and at who people, obviously you can't quote anything from your role pm but you can say stuff as long as its not quoted or screencapped, and only mafia are allowed to quote from other pms to eachother, no quoting stuff from pms in other pms or the main thread

editing is not allowed what you say stays in the thread, can edit in pms as far as i'm aware but in open its a no go, no discussing the game anywhere outside or place all talks of mafia stay in the specific pms and thread. and for ability you can scan over all the roles here https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:Roles_Main_Page recomend giving it a good skim over so ya can be aware of what does what

and thatss about as much as i can cover

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think Katt's about got it.

Lemme see if I can knock together a quick jargon guide for Mafia just because it makes me wanna help too.

Town: The majority of players; goal is to lynch all Mafia
Mafia: A minority of players; goal is to equal the number of Town players
Third Party: A player with a motivation outside of the above, be it simply surviving the game or something more specific
Townies: Nickname for town players
Mafiosos: Nickname for Mafia players
Scum: Another nickname for Mafia players
Cop: A player that can check whether another player is Town or Mafia; can be tricked by some roles and abilities
Doctor: A player that can allow another player to survive an attempt on their life
Mayor: A player whose vote during the day for who should be lynched counts as two votes instead of one

Those are a few things, at least. Yellowlord Yellowlord @Ura I hope I didn't make that confusing, LOL

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Yes Yes Yes Yes and Yes.

I'll invite ya.
Woah! Were you really hoping for me to join a session, Swamp? Then again, a good majority of the thread seems quite happy I jumped in, so... o_o

Regardless, thanks for the invite! :D

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Woah! Were you really hoping for me to join a session, Swamp? Then again, a good majority of the thread seems quite happy I jumped in, so... o_o
I'm eager for any new players.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~

Regardless, thanks for the invite! :D
were happy for new people~

this is a community based game, the more new folks in the more new experiences and stories to tell~

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I'm eager for any new players.
Well, I'm glad to be apart of this new experience! :o

Of course, there is a chance I could be busy with work and other stuff (this quarter I'm in has been a lot busier then most), so I may not have as much time as I'd like. I'll try to be active regardless as best as I can.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's always a nice thing to have some fresh meat... erm... I mean new players :lol:
Especially since half the newcomers each time either quit or get hostkilled, hahah...hah...

Basically don't make assumptions about the pacing of the game and then get salty when they're wrong and you're already halfway to being a regular around here. Don't edit posts is the "don't make image only posts" of Mafia, etc.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~

Well, I'm glad to be apart of this new experience! :o

Of course, there is a chance I could be busy with work and other stuff (this quarter I'm in has been a lot busier then most), so I may not have as much time as I'd like. I'll try to be active regardless as best as I can.
to be honest it doesn't require much time, just about an hour of reading and input every day

of course we understand when people got tight schedule, we all have busy days, but its less than some think it is

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Could you put me in the audience list Swamp? I'm a bit exhausted after last game and I rather have back my sleep schedule lol. But if sign ups drag longer I might consider joining.

But for now, I'll just watch the bad guys being the good guys (Is that how it works right? This is going to be interesting for sure hahaha).

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
Am I in?
I said I would be skipping out the Game of Thrones mafia, and that I would play this one.
Check the player list on the first page, you appear as a player, so yes, you are in. You should be onto this things Shiny, no need to ask for something that can be easily checked...

D

Deleted member

Check the player list on the first page, you appear as a player, so yes, you are in. You should be onto this things Shiny, no need to ask for something that can be easily checked...
Oh.
I did not see that. :lol:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'll sign up.
Hi~

Oh.
I did not see that. :lol:
I'd like to say a really blunt comment like "We're off to a great start" or something like that, but I'll just say this instead.

Like Polly said, there's a player list. Check that instead of asking Swamp constantly in future games.

Now, this isn't a mistake related to actually playing the game, so no need to beat yourself up about not having learned from Capcom Mafia.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I have questions.
Is it like a regular mafia where there are a mafia members and townies, or different?

Also when do the roles come out?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Put me on Maybe, but I definitely want to spectate if I'm not playing.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei is there just the 10 spots and that’s it?
Not Swamp, but he said above that he's waiting for more players, so I'm guessing he has plenty of roles but he can work with whatever people decide to join. So yeah, I'm pretty sure there are more than 10 spots.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Not Swamp, but he said above that he's waiting for more players, so I'm guessing he has plenty of roles but he can work with whatever people decide to join. So yeah, I'm pretty sure there are more than 10 spots.
Well then I’m in!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
YAY :b:

Maybe you’ll finally complete your arc by murdering me this time :laugh:
No.

I'll murder you and all of the other mafia.

This'll complete my arc of how ever since my peak on the second to last day of FEH mafia, I've been going downhill. >:^)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Not to mention this is the second game in a row that my planning gets you killed on night 2, praline :troll:

Sure, I wasn’t alone in Cap mafia, and your death was an accident since the scums went for the one you bodyguarded... but my point still stands. :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom