• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

videos that make me wonder if our atlantic south's getting left behind

Status
Not open for further replies.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Dude, FL is ****ing horrible at this game. LOL

Everybody here thats actually bad is over rated. People here a cocky when they actually suck. And people who are good don't place. Its ********. CA had the game longer than anybody, meaning they could practice and understand the game physics better. Not just that, but CA is filled with good smashers. As opposed to FL, that has very few who know what they're talking about.

MK should be winning all of our tourneys, not snake.

/end rant

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834

Everybody here thats actually bad is over rated. People here a cocky when they actually suck. And people who are good don't place. Its ********. CA had the game longer than anybody, meaning they could practice and understand the game physics better. Not just that, but CA is filled with good smashers. As opposed to FL, that has very few who know what they're talking about.

/end rant
failed post mooney srry. :(

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
What do you mean failed post? If FL, or even the south had a crew battle with any other region, they would probably lose one or two players max.

At least explain how my post was a "failed post".

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter

/end rant
F**CKKKKK YOU CASH MOONEY!!!!

Don't talk **** about Florida.

You don't even play Brawl.

AfroQT

Smash Master
That was a ******** *** post, i watched half those videos they do NOTHING special that i havent done as snake or Rx/Gmoney/Equi hasnt done as MK. Stop overrating other states.

Im not saying that they are bad either, they might be better then us, but people need to get off there *****.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
F**CKKKKK YOU CASH MOONEY!!!!

Don't talk **** about Florida.

You don't even play Brawl.
I don't have to play brawl as much as everybody else does in order to notice this state is horrible at Brawl. Its going to be the same as it was with melee. We'll be good and have a few good players in 6 years, no prob.

I mean come on. I highly doubt you would have won with just up b and tornado in any other state with good players. The fact that you did is just preposterous

AfroQT

Smash Master
You arent comparing us to anything, you dont go to any tournaments, you dont play brawl. There arent many florida videos out for you to compare us to them. Your just going "we suck we are FL". Go take your negativity elsewhere.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I wont lie i hate RX's metaknight but he is a Genius he has devised a amazing strategy by combining 2 moves that alot of people have trouble overcoming while the strategy is simple its amazing but i wont lie i hate RX's metaknight.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
You arent comparing us to anything, you dont go to any tournaments, you dont play brawl. There arent many florida videos out for you to compare us to them. Your just going "we suck we are FL". Go take your negativity elsewhere.
speaking of which, i plan to bring my desktop to every tourney that will allow me to set it up from now on to record matches

my youtube, soon to be the central for FL brawl vids

isnt there a saying that you are only as strong as your weakest link? well mooney, either get much better or leave the state so we dont "suck" as much. No one has any idea who is better than the other until some national tourneys happen, so this entire argument is just dumb

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
I can't compare FL right now because its been too long since I've play in a brawl tourney. I will after the next Brawl gigs, though. I go to tourneys when I have the time. Infact, I'm going to one this week. I play brawl, but not over wifi. Theres nobody in my area to play. And the last few events I was going to go to, I had no ride. I don't like judging by videos, thats stupid, lol. You can only tell so little from videos anyways. I'm going on this from what I've seen, and I doubt much of it has changed. The only thing that has changed is that you got better and now you **** FL. GJ.

speaking of which, i plan to bring my desktop to every tourney that will allow me to set it up from now on to record matches

my youtube, soon to be the central for FL brawl vids

isnt there a saying that you are only as strong as your weakest link? well mooney, either get much better or leave the state so we dont "suck" as much. No one has any idea who is better than the other until some national tourneys happen, so this entire argument is just dumb
Sounds like a pretty bad saying. When I feel like being active and going to tourneys consistently, I will. I can't go to as many tourneys as I used to because of high gas prices. This topic wasn't started by me, if I remember correctly.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I can't compare FL right now because its been too long since I've play in a brawl tourney. I will after the next Brawl gigs, though. I go to tourneys when I have the time. Infact, I'm going to one this week. I play brawl, but not over wifi. Theres nobody in my area to play. And the last few events I was going to go to, I had no ride. I don't like judging by videos, thats stupid, lol. You can only tell so little from videos anyways. I'm going on this from what I've seen, and I doubt much of it has changed. The only thing that has changed is that you got better and now you **** FL. GJ.
if you DONT judge by videos and only judge from what you've seen, then your comparing us to nothing, because you havent SEEN anyone from OOS play, so how can you possibly say FL is bad compared to the rest of the U.S.

And i dont **** FL i think im a good player but 1 big tourney and 1 small tourney win is something alot of people h ave accomplished IMO im tied with Rx hes beaten me more as well.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
if you DONT judge by videos and only judge from what you've seen, then your comparing us to nothing, because you havent SEEN anyone from OOS play, so how can you possibly say FL is bad compared to the rest of the U.S.

And i dont **** FL i think im a good player but 1 big tourney and 1 small tourney win is something alot of people h ave accomplished IMO im tied with Rx hes beaten me more as well.
Its not that I never judge from videos, but its pretty simple to tell how one state> another by seeing one states logic, and players. From what I've seen on the boards and by videos, its easy to say that CA>most states right now.
I'm not **** riding.

Your consistency is the best in the state of FL currently. How well does he do vs you in tourney, btw?

Dect

Smash Rookie
Cant stand kids who suck the **** of others cuz they cant work **** out for themselves and rise to the challenge, its pretty sad. I have a friend who likes to ride peoples *****, its just depressing because instead of looking at himself and understanding what he need to do to overcome an opponent, they sit back and say "wow isn't he amazing? give him props I demand it" when they could be saying "yo, he could have done something better right there, that was his mistake"

But thats just how I view competitors, mistakes that I can capitalize on at a later time.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer

/end rant

not true.

Anyone can become great at this game with the right practice. Just because CA had the game longer(how would you know anyway) doesn't give them any kinda boost over you guys. As for the population of good smahers, you're silly mooney. I remember ur state doing pretty well in melee so why cant they in brawl. Also with that logic they should be the best in the US and always will be? right?

Instead of complaining on the boards you should be practicing to get better.

discuss

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
mooney first you make a huge fail post, then you john about stuff later...
We're not that far away from other states, First 1 should hopefully bring in alot of OOS.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Its not that I never judge from videos, but its pretty simple to tell how one state> another by seeing one states logic, and players. From what I've seen on the boards and by videos, its easy to say that CA>most states right now.
I'm not **** riding.

Your consistency is the best in the state of FL currently. How well does he do vs you in tourney, btw?
In tourneys vs Rx he has 2 wins and i have 1, he won gigabits and then won a PnT tourneys. I won gigs and then won seibriks tourney.

And yeah i guess i am consistent but top 5 is not always money so it doesnt matter imo. Only Top 3 do.

AfroQT

Smash Master
not true.

Anyone can become great at this game with the right practice. Just because CA had the game longer(how would you know anyway) doesn't give them any kinda boost over you guys. As for the population of good smahers, you're silly mooney. I remember ur state doing pretty well in melee so why cant they in brawl. Also with that logic they should be the best in the US and always will be? right?

discuss
I think FL is a great state for smash imo we are tied up there with everyone else.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
what i think we should discuss is who made evil peach's sig, and if that person could make that same sig but with diddy kong

discuss

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
not true.

discuss
So your saying no mater what, anybody can be as good as PC chris depending on the amount of practice? I mentioned that already. It shouldn't but it is. I never said FL had bad melee players, thats nonsense, but it took us longer to have good players than any other region. And no.

I practice when I can.

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Cant stand kids who suck the **** of others cuz they cant work **** out for themselves and rise to the challenge, its pretty sad. I have a friend who likes to ride peoples *****, its just depressing because instead of looking at himself and understanding what he need to do to overcome an opponent, they sit back and say "wow isn't he amazing? give him props I demand it" when they could be saying "yo, he could have done something better right there, that was his mistake"

But thats just how I view competitors, mistakes that I can capitalize on at a later time.

Hi

Clearly I'm mistaken when I said Hylian and Tapion are good at the game. My apologies.

you should $10 MM them both at FAST.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Someone explain this to me i am watching these videos and the people playing are no doubt good but its not like they are doing anything special that everyone hasnt seen in a tournament before. Im not removing the possibility of themb eing better either but people go around saying FL IS BAD LOOK AT OTHER STATES and from what i'm seeing it seems even.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
So your saying no mater what, anybody can be as good as PC chris depending on the amount of practice? I mentioned that already. It shouldn't but it is. I never said FL had bad melee players, thats nonsense, but it took us longer to have good players than any other region. And no.

I practice when I can.

Are you serious? you make it seem as if it will take some kinda special magic potion to be as good as players like him. When it's simple. Practice. never doubt ur practice. it will never boubt you. That includes going to tourneys, training with friends etc.

Im not sure how long it took FL to be one of the top states in Melee but I rememer Shiz and SpeedN coming into the scene in the later years and getting better quickly.

Finch

Smash Lord
East Coast was better than everyone else in melee because they all live right next to eachother and went to Chu's biweeklys and stuff but near the end FL was definitely one of the best states at smash. It's just hard for us to travel because FL is so spread out.

Also it's stupid to say someone's better at brawl right now since the metagame is evolving very quickly and everyone's doing completely different things.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
East Coast was better than everyone else in melee because they all live right next to eachother and went to Chu's biweeklys and stuff but near the end FL was definitely one of the best states at smash. It's just hard for us to travel because FL is so spread out.

sounds like johns. but w/e I guess you could be right lol

AfroQT

Smash Master
I dont know how it was in melee but for brawl theres been a tourney every saturday near me (3 hours drive max, and that was gigs/hardknocks). I've been to a tourney every saturday (with the exception of 4/26) since the hardknocks tourney.

IMo if you are willing to drive tourneys arent hard to make but maybe im lucky where i live

dguy6789

Smash Lord
FL is up there with the top smash states, Mooney. You seem to be making your posts more out of spite than anything else. FL has one of the largest communities for Brawl at the moment too. Multiple 100 man tournaments that are just one region + 5-10 people out of region.

AfroQT

Smash Master
FL is up there with the top smash states, Mooney. You seem to be making your posts more out of spite than anything else. FL has one of the largest communities for Brawl at the moment too. Multiple 100 man tournaments that are just one region + 5-10 people out of region.
Yes we have dguy defending FL!

Equi

Smash Ace
lol at cash

Florida is top 5 states in the country I bet. However after playing Forte I must say that Virginia is ahead of us, as is California. Forte is pretty far into the metagame from playing Azen a lot, that I know for a fact. So yeah, we're definitely up there in states but we need to work really hard these next few months to get to Virginia level.

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
mooney what you said was pretty sorry man speak for yourself not everyone dont be a hater cause you were bad at melee and now ur bad at brawl

FL has so many new faces in the scene that are really good as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom