• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Videos of me vs Texas's best MK.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well, he is the best MK IMO. He won the tournament I hosted a few weeks ago.

We MM'ed and we were supposed to record it, but I forgot to hit record, so we didn't :(. They were very close though he 2-0'ed me. Both last stock high %.

We recorded two friendlies after in which he proceeded to **** me. These are like..3 weeks old I think? Anyways, I make some really obvious mistakes but here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBqPFwv0ltM

And the second match is better then the first.

Advice?

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
only watch a few secs but a lot of unnecessary down thrown bananas when thye couldve been at him.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I'm no Diddy expert, and I understand how difficult it is to attempt to edge guard a Meta Knight. However, I felt a lot of the time when Dojo was off stage recovering, you were taunting with your little banana dances a little too much, instead of attempting to position yourself for when he lands. :p

Hm. Dash Attack connects to USmash exceptionally well. Use it to pressure. Grab more as well, I feel. You also need to use your aerials to stop momentum the way Dojo does. Use your fastest aerial, whichever that may be for Diddy. I'm not sure of the frame rates. I can't really say a whole lot. Your Diddy is very nice though for it being my first impression. I also love Dojo's Meta Knight.

Good stuff. :)

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
dribbling doesnt make a good diddy. be smart. make eveyr todss count, wiht time you wont suicide with uB and use it terribly. just calm down sit back and think : /

you seemed to get very nervous that first match

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
only watch a few secs but a lot of unnecessary down thrown bananas when thye couldve been at him.
That.

You left yourself open for punishing many times because of it, and you need to clear space when trying to get the nanerz. Running towards it and trying to get it while Meta is waiting to aerial or smash you isn't such a good thing to do.=(

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
one more thing hit up after you grab with fB. you get out free bananas.

FishStix

Smash Cadet
Great footwork, my Diddy never looks so agile on the ground. I'll have to work on that. Also great use of bananas. There is much for me to learn apparently...

Your strat is missing the peanut gun - if I could suggest anything I'd suggest more use of that.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I like how random ppl come in to always suggest something when they don't know much when a well known pro puts up videos-not that its bad, its just funny

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
theres very few well known pros. cause somebody can get down infinites better than anyone doesnt make them pro diddy. people that go around winning tournies in any region are pros. sbr access doesnt mean pro : )

and fB up is so ****ing good. if you dont use the jumps before you still have them which means two perfectly safe bananas out.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
theres very few well known pros. cause somebody can get down infinites better than anyone doesnt make them pro diddy. people that go around winning tournies in any region are pros. sbr access doesnt mean pro : )

and fB up is so ****ing good. if you dont use the jumps before you still have them which means two perfectly safe bananas out.
I don't know what you are implying but I have won around 10 tournaments and placed top 3 in about 90% of the tournaments I have been to. I have never placed below top 10, even in other regions. I think I'm getting close to $2000 profit since buying my wii and brawl.

And I have been attending brawl tournaments since before the game came out in america.

Also, I ASKED for advice, so don't be mean to the people giving it to me :/.(This is not directed at underscore)

And to be fair, these WERE friendlies and I wasn't very good at dribbling so I was just doing it randomly.

Just sayin'.

Thanks for the advice people.

Miles.

Smash Champion
Stay classy San Diego...er....I mean Hylian.

You driblbed for no reason.

Do something classy and flashy like AZ said.

Do something cool and flashy with it like Hylian would do.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I feel dribbling should be used a tiny bit more than NL does, which is very little. If you dribble too much its a DEAD give away that something's up and you're gonna trip and it just becomes predictable without diddy being able to realize it. It has it's mindgame uses and defensive uses but not too often IMO

Player-1

Smash Legend

You should be able to get bananas out perfectly safe any ways...

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
go ahead and fB fair all you want.

hylian, whatever it may be, the first video was pretty bad. its just like you saw omg dribbling must do. but i understand, some matches you just ****up real bad.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
pretty good Diddy player, but as for your bananas you should try directing it at Meta, also to much jumping costed you, but like you said you I guess you were just being random which isn't a problem at all.

Player-1

Smash Legend
pretty good Diddy player, but as for your bananas you should try directing it at Meta, also to much jumping costed you, but like you said you I guess you were just being random which isn't a problem at all.
No, the jumping was fine, the spacing and timing of the jumps is the problem

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This is the last time I'm posting non-serious videos :/.

Top Bottom