• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
It's so hard to say this without sounding like an *** but it's too funny not to post.

That Marth literally put me to sleep. I just woke up at 5pm and my screen was on that youtube video...

I remember I was watching that at 1pm thinking: "why does he keep just standing there?"

He wasn't THAT bad though, I was just hella tired just got off my weekend shift at the time and only got an hour of sleep.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD7ZHXVDLc8&feature=plcp

Ominous getting his face melted by Yummy! (An underrated snake main from our region. He's good, hopefully he'll be able to prove himself at our tourney with a lot of OoS presence. He beat KiraFlax twice in a row at NYTE so he can do some damage.)

Ominous got SOOOO gayed this match, I went into a rage fit and accidentally knocked down some stuff in my infinite clumsiness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCzqy3fZ3dg&feature=plcp

And THAT is my terrible attempt at retribution for my fallen Gdubs main. It has a lot of Dair and spotdodge from me for some reason. So ridicule me.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I remember that rage, I saw the gayness in person, there's nothing to be critiqued, just stop being so damn unlucky. :p

But serioisly, I'll critique it when I get the chance.

:phone:

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
didn't noticed too much smiley but
1st it's snake snake = gay XD
2nd after a dthrow do up b it works almost all the time^^ (when you got d throwed) you rolled twice into a d smash :(

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
didn't noticed too much smiley but
1st it's snake snake = gay XD
2nd after a dthrow do up b it works almost all the time^^ (when you got d throwed) you rolled twice into a d smash :(
That's what I was doing

I was spamming the **** outta up-B to buffer it

If you mean Up-B from a getup I didn't wanna risk getting Utilted =/

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
ok @ Smiley.
I have a really nice Match from Vinnie vs Nairo and he actually uses G&W in the last Match.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUHfOmdvjmY

If you're not interested in his GrabClimbers, you can skip the Video to 9:17 he palyed really really well. And what they said about the D-Throw to Dair to regrab with buffering against MK, I really should practice that **** :D

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I stunk that match, I ran into his C4 too much, I should probably pay attention to where he lays those.

I did gain some momentum at the end, but I still was too far behind.

That was the third match. It was really close the second match, I really wish I recorded that one, but I forgot to. The first match he went MK, he practically beat me, but he accidentally SDed at the end, but I still think my G&W is better than his MK.

Alexander89s

Smash Rookie
Tried to search, anyone have a video of how to d-tilt lock on corneria, rainbow cruise, frigate orpheon etc...? :D

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I can explain it.

1. Get opponent between you and a wall.
2. Press and hold down
3. Press A
4. Repeat step 3

I'm not sure how long it lasts for, but if the wall is too short, they'll quickly fly over it

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
It's hard to set up in game, I've done it like.. once, and they were at high enough damage that they got out after like.. 2 hits, but it's nice to know that it's an option.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
If you ever need help in the Peach matchup I'm really good at it, considering i play a top peach somewhat regularly (when he doesn't flake on me) and also secondary her.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've Dtilt locked ZSS against the raised side platform from the edge of the larger center platform on Japes. It probably will never happen again in a real game.
If you ever need help in the Peach matchup I'm really good at it, considering i play a top peach somewhat regularly (when he doesn't flake on me) and also secondary her.
Do you play wifi? I could use help with that.
Does G&W have a chance to beat good ICs on FD. Even when I escaped their CG a few times from lag they win. All I can do is tipper Bairs, an occasional surprise Dtilt and of course air juggles but those don't last super long.
It's almost impossible to not fall behind when 1 grab from them = death, they out-camp with icebergs that aren't bucketable and can time you out:urg:.
If timeouts weren't a factor the match would be easier. But since they are if ICs get the lead, which takes 1 grab, it's extremely hard to fight them without being grabbed again because you're forced to attack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToMIykv9SRI

I know I got away with some really reckless stuff. ICs on FD feels like an extremely hard MU.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
@Rizen: I am not opposed to wi-fi but i only just got my wi-fi back. I'm pretty bad at wifi, and I've been neglecting Peach for Bowser as of recent but yeah I can definitely give you some Peach practice if you need it. I don't know the GW matchup as peach though so i may take a few matches to adapt whenever we play.

@Swei, yeah. As far as the matchup he didnt really play like your general peach would (Didnt float or use many of her techs/options that much) So i can't really give you specific matchup info.

I like how aggressive you were off stage because peach has ****ty jumps so pressuring her off stage is worth it but know your limit. She can float-stall you out off stage. Try to scare her away from the ledge and waste her float and THEN deal with her. I generally catch turnips with a rising fair, that way i can approach/punish and deal with the turnip all at the same time. A lot of the times he was above you you could have just nair'd him. Nair is really good on peach, she's slow in the air, has the worst air dodge in the game, and it beats her dair. If you see her airdodge consider it a free nair. Sometimes just jump up at her after you've hit her with nair a few times to bait the air dodge then wait until the air dodge is about half way through and nair again. you can juggle her pretty well this way. That peach didn't reallyh shield pressure you much (which peach is REALLY good at.) If he ever dairs your shield you can up-b through it, and also if you get caught in dair DI up through it. Peach's like to float at a certain height (for most peach's it's actually different and reflects their playstyle.) You can usually do a rising bair on floating peachs and they cant do much about it because her only option is to air dodge and her air dodge is bad. Bair is safer than fair because bair lingers. As you saw multiple times Dair and her Uair trade, the Peach I play knows how to uair lock and it's terrible so I generally just try to parachute away when I'm above her. For you, it's up to you to decide whether to risk it or not.

There's more stuff but little things like that really make a difference

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Rizen: The main thing I saw was your lack of aerial performance. When someone is next to us, nair uair or get far enough away to space a fair. You can also just stay on the ground and punish the landing.

Don't do smash attacks far out of his range, he will just throw another nade.

Swei: The thing you need the most work in is survival.
1. DI while in hitstun
2. Fastfall your earliest aerial (nair)
3. Bucket brake
4. Get back to the stage

You were also fairing at bad times, even one time you hit them and ended up taking more damage than you gave.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Swei, your grab game was non-existent as well.

You f-aired after getting hit every time, it's why your were KO'd. You probably could have n-aired to bucket braked at least one of those hits.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Linkin-Try and get videos with full stocks. I know that I play significantly different when I have such a large advantage. Even friendlies, I can still critique if you want, but I would recommend against it.

Swei-what I saw was a lack of mu knowledge. When you were in the tornado you tried to use an aerial, just upb out.
You need to work on your grab game as well.
Be more shield safe with your moves, especially fair.
Work on your offstage game as well.

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
k thx Meow but at least one Match is Full-Stock^^
First G&W Match is against his last Stock of his first Wolf
and afterwards there's his Second Wolf full Stock i also have all three Stocks :)

D

Deleted member 189823

No, I do have MU knowledge I just lack practice in it. 8[
I contributed to the MU export for a reason. :awesome:

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
No, I do have MU knowledge I just lack practice in it. 8[
I contributed to the MU export for a reason. :awesome:
That's what I meant :awesome:
Especially that first stock, nothing against you, but I was cheering him on once I saw what he was doing, I always wanted to see that successfully done. :awesome:

D

Deleted member 189823

He is one of the best of my region after all. He wasn't playing at his full there. :/

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
^There were a lot of times you used Dsmash and got punished for it. Dsmash isn't really great oos, or after spot dodging. Don't do it unless you know you're going to hit. You also let Falco's close range stuff get a lot of damage on you. Don't let yourself get beat up so much by his jab and tilts. Up-b away or something. You roll quite a bit too, and there are usually better options to take, like spot-dodging, or up-b like I said before.

So...dsmash a lot less, and up-b more.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Everything was miscalculated. He had a habit of rolling behind me but I see Dsmash wasn't a good answer. I was about 10 frames slow that game too so a lot of the Dsmashes seemed like they should have connected with his aggressive approaches but were a little slow.

It helps more if people tell me what I should do instead because what I thought would work didn't and that's already apparent.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Rizen -

Almost every time you used D-smash I would have used either jab, grab, or d-tilt. There was even an instance where u-smash seemed like the better option.

I'm not sure why you were using d-smash so much, it's a great move, but it's certainly not a bread a butter sort of move.

Also, umm... Bucket? Why were you not using it? Sure Falco's lasers are not very powerful but needless to say oil panic comes out on frame 2, and even many of Falco's moves can't beat that. By using bucket not only will you acquire a great move with huge range and priority and speed, but you will also totally alter that player's play style. If they fear using lasers then they can't just side-b and camp across the stage. It makes the use of lasers more unpredictable which this player's were not. If the other character has a projectile then I don't understand why one would not bucket it. Of course being potentially vulnerable on bucket number one and two is a problem, but most Falco's shoot burst of two or three lasers meaning that if you had bucketed the first one you could get passed line two and maybe even on to a full bucket. When they are across the stage it's not very punishable anyway.

So yeah. Less d-smash (don't you want to keep it fresh anyway?) A smidgen more u-smash, a lot more jab and infinitely more bucketing of lasers.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Spotdodges are a bit risky, if they read it, byebye stock.

Also, dsmash and judgement are unsafe, they can punish harder than we can.

When they are desynced, go after nana to kill her, she just nonchalantly walks to popo (and into our fully charged fsmash/usmash)

If they do the ledge spike, SDI towards the stage to survive (and hopefully make them angry)

Oh and beautiful 9 at the end, but still too risky.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
He's alright. He dairs a lot though. Sometimes it's stupid dairs and sometimes he spaces them right outside of punish range (I used to do that on wi-fi a lot, lotta people ran into laggy lingering fsmash.)

I guess that's just the japanese version of mixups. He also airdodged into grabs when he should've just ran away or at least came down with SOMETHING. He didn't seem to be a notable japan player but he was still pretty good. That D3 let some dumb things happen too though.

One thing I liked that he did was Usmash at the edge of the smashville platform while the balloon was passing to keep himself safe and also linger the hitbox.

But yeah he didn't really stand out IMO

Unless there were some ultra high level mindgames going on i didn't really catch, but it doesn't seem like it.

Top Bottom