• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread

D

Deleted member 189823

Were Smash balls allowed at some point at the start of Brawl tournaments?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Also that random tourney where I won my mousepad from was done with a damage ratio of 2.0 "to make things go faster" but they still have 5 stocks lmao. Oh well, at least I still won.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
jelly fish: You had no directional influence at all.

When you get knocked off you have to do your N-air and then immediately bucket. By doing so you will stop your trajectory and survive much bigger hits.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Nice match against Marth. I thought you were going to get 2-stocked, but you almost turned the tables around and got back on track. I didn't know Marth can kill gaw at 38% near the edge. That's just... ):
Part of it was that gay tipper, and part of it was my bad DI as Dexident mentioned earlier haha. I have this really bad habit of air dodging whenever I get hit hard. It makes my DI horrible and bucket breaking hard. I NEED TO BREAK THAT HABIT, AND L2 BUCKETBREAK!!

Anyway, I obviously have a big problem with approaching Falco and Marth.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Part of it was that gay tipper, and part of it was my bad DI as Dexident mentioned earlier haha. I have this really bad habit of air dodging whenever I get hit hard. It makes my DI horrible and bucket breaking hard. I NEED TO BREAK THAT HABIT, AND L2 BUCKETBREAK!!

Anyway, I obviously have a big problem with approaching Falco and Marth.
Hmm re-assigning buttons, that's a good idea!

KaptainKrunch

Smash Cadet
Jellyfishn: Stop rolling, rolling is terrible option for GaW. Your jab will never beat Falco's so just up b away when he's shield pressuring you. Also if Falco over commits his side smash while camping the ledge, punish him with f-air. Lastly, if you think he's going to side-b, use your dtilt, it beats it clean.

Oh and tech chase moar.

guapo

Smash Apprentice
Jellyfishn: Stop rolling, rolling is terrible option for GaW. Your jab will never beat Falco's so just up b away when he's shield pressuring you. Also if Falco over commits his side smash while camping the ledge, punish him with f-air. Lastly, if you think he's going to side-b, use your dtilt, it beats it clean.

Oh and tech chase moar.
the roll is useless with G&W

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Keep in mind, Falcos by far best option out of dthrow is to techroll away. It goes far and all you can do is regrab or fair reliably. Use this to your advantage as they will do so most of the time.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for your help everyone! I will work on it, and record some vids at the next tourney!

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Amazing stuff Alphicans. Get rid of that Falco and replace Vinnie as the best g&w >: (

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I lost it at 0:28. lmfao

... and 1:58

so good

EDIT: I think you would have more issues if this marth player abused shield and grab release, but what do i know

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
what's with those weird sounds for marth lol....

and good job, though he kind of pooped on him :T

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I think I should tell the Finnish Marths how to do it then. I'm all for teaching them to destroy my character. The less I wanna get grabbed by Marths the more I'm able to avoid getting grabbed.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I think I should tell the Finnish Marths how to do it then. I'm all for teaching them to destroy my character. The less I wanna get grabbed by Marths the more I'm able to avoid getting grabbed.
Different cultures. In America, the less we want to be destroyed by something the stupider we act.
/JK sort of

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well yeah, most people would want to keep such things as secrets, but I want to improve and I won't improve unless I have even less reason to get grabbed :)

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Way to handle that Pika. 2 things I noticed:

I saw you trying to punish that Pika's predictable recovery. I feel like you could have did more by using Uair or Up-B windboxes for a more potent punish in the first game.

Second game there was a point when Pika was on the platform after a dthrow. I would have Downsmashed because I don't think the platform was big enough that the pika would have gotten anywhere and also Pika has a bad techroll so the usmash tech chase was the less reliable option. But yeah good stuff.

Patches

Smash Master
Yeah. The lack of dsmash on the platform is kinda obvious. :p but I'm doing better with those. But I'll keep everything else in mind. (: thanks

Edit: I just feel more accomplished if I read tech rolls, so I tend to chase them with usmash. Haha
:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
To me Gardy is always the winner because he looks like a giraffe and his avatar always makes me laugh.

Edit: Needs more up-B to punish Nado / SL though.

:059:

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Giraffe mode engaged.

Chiii almost never uses nado against me anymore because I almost always punish him with up b for it. This time he just used his specials very well and made it hard for me send him into freefall.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Watching that match against MK just makes me hate him even more!

I really like your use of Up-b as an off-stage offensive. It's one my favorite things to pull too.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Gardex, something I noticed is you let your playstyle change throughout the course of the match.

Like against the Link player(The last match against him I think), when he took the lead, you tried to get a kill on him, but you weren't too careful about it and you took some damage from those attempts. Try not to lose your patience.

And also when you got the huge lead against the Falco player in your second match. You could've been able to two stock him that match, but you let him rack up some damage while against that tree on your second life. That place right there is a place you generally need to be careful, try not to be between your opponent and the tree ever if he's on the stage. Yeah, and just because you have a good lead doesn't mean you're going to win, so don't try to slack off.

Another thing I think that would be helpful is if you worked on your options out of down-throw. I think you should use d-smash out of it if you're going to get them off-stage, or kill them. So like...at higher percents. While they are at lower percents there are better options. I just noticed there were a couple times you d-smashed when there are better options. You shoiuld try to keep that move fresh.

Those were some pretty awesome matches though, that 0-death combo against the falco should go in the community combo video.

Patches

Smash Master
Not bad, I suggest using bair a lot more. Especially short hop bairs. Dtilt is also really good for whenever they're close to you, and for edge guarding as well. Try to avoid using as many fairs, you wanna keep them fresh for when you can get a solid hit, or a kill.

Make sure you grab a lot more, GaW can rack up damage and kills by tech chasing a dthrow. And remember, the best thing GaW has for him is his bucket brake.

D

Deleted member 189823

Thank you.

I usually use B-Air alot as an approach. ALOT. This attack is just amazing against shields and multi-hitting high-priority action. Although since Squirtle is small, I have difficulty landing it on him. I'll just have to practice the short hop more.

How can I chaingrab well without activating the A combo? (you know, the jab lock without hitting alot and interupting the process)

Patches

Smash Master
Dthrow > follow them, so predict the tech chase > regrab > dthrow etcetc.

But in all honesty, dthrow > jab > dthrow is an excellent mix up.

As for bair against squirtle, you won't have problems if you space well, and short hop. Just make sure that bair isn't your only method of approaching. Use nair, dtilt, full hop fairs ( if you can get the hit ), and dair can work top

D

Deleted member 189823

I only use the Jab-lock chaingrab. I have difficulty with the timing, it seems.

gaw is such a fascinating character.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Until you use him repeatedly and lose and lose and everyone around you tells you how awesome you make him look and how cool they think he is and you become jaded and begin to hate your character and everyone makes you feel terrible when you say terrible things about him because you get frustrated when you die off the top at 60% and everyone and their mom wants to use game and watch when you're trying to drop him and people keep asking you for tips and you keep asking why because you do terrible in tourney anyway and you look like an *** and you continue to use him anyway because there's that fire in you to win with him and you keep wondering why a high tier character is doing to bad and you start to even wonder if he's high tier and people go marth and you cut your wrists because that's more pleasurable than dealing with marth and you try to pick up character for marth but then you realize marth is marth no matter who you use unless you use D3 or ROB who are stupid anyway and then people on smashboards don't think he's really that good when he is and people don't know that Olimar is the stealth best non MK character in the game and then it's december 2012 and the world explodes.

but yeah he can be fascinating I guess.

Top Bottom