• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video: me in training mode

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
=.=
quite sad of me.
no vcr available.
almost never recorded myself since.
no one to play with this week. "the crew went to a tournament outside of my country"
meta not comming to the next tourney im going to (meaning no recording).
stuck with a digital camera with no sound recording.
left with training mode.
and wanting something to identify my current progress.

note: im less beserkish in real battles, just a bit less.

hope this contributes to the mewtwo reviving action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqYCSPrpXd8

o.o thx for watching

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Despite the fact that you have no use of the C-stick as a result of being in training mode, you still show excellent control over all of your movements and attacks. Your wavedash fluency is absolutely fantastic. Your Mewtwo is awesome. I would love to see what you can do in a real match.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Ninja cookies, ninja cookies and more ninja cookies, <3
Cstick is for quick smashes or aerials, and Cstick allows you to Upair easier without messing up, and fast fall aerials easier...
The only thing I can do better than Airo is waveland. I suck at Mewtwo.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
The C stick allows you to use aerial attacks normally while simultaneously allowing you to perfectly retain the complete free range of motion for movement with the left joystick to allow you to place your attacks with extreme precision.

Airo

Smash Lord
hehe.. i could write something pretty long about c-stick.. Xd
im generally dont suggest using c-stick =.= but that doesnt really matter =]

The main argument is that you use c-stick to execute aerials so you still have full control over your DI. This is True.
ex. using Bair and moving forward at the same time. (known as retreating bair)

other uses include smashing in the opposite direction.
ex. marth walking slowly away, then suddenly smashing backwards.

c-stick is an absolutely dependable shortcut.
However, it is still true that you can do everything said above, including retreating bairs, withOUT using the c-stick. Its only a matter of analog control and practice.

the basic reason i suggest not using it is because, mewtwo's shorthop reverse shadow ball charge, are essentially the same buttons and require the same presice control. both of them are "run forward, tap backward a tiny bit and press A/B"

If you cant do a retreating bair, you wont be able to do a Shorthop reverse shadowball charge. think of it as more practice by using only the A button for aerials instead of C-stick.

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
airo I liked the use of Dtilt to Utilt. An interesting combo choice. It looks possible to get an easy grab out of that combination. idk if that is true or not. It just looks more probable than trying to 2x Dtilt or whatever. I really enjoyed you WD:) and your tomcat kick's some massive butt!

Metà

Smash Master
That was very impressive Airo. I really don't want to criticize you, because you have amazing control over your character, but one thing stood out to me. Your WD's are amazingly fast, but they aren't perfect WD's; this means that they are showy and fast, but you could be doing it more efficiently. For example, some of your WD's are half the length of a perfect WD. It's not really that big a deal, but you really should try to practice getting that control stick more parallel to the ground. Other than that, your Mewtwo is spectacular and I can't wait to play you. ^ ^

Airo

Smash Lord
meta:

well... you see... at some point... i do have perfect wavedashes.. that was when i played no one else but mewtwo. i blame fox... ive been practicing lots and lots of waveshining lately =.=" the variations of timings often throw me off.

but no johns, hehe.. i just need to achieve fulller adaptation and mastery.

tonji:

the dtilt > uptilt.. please take note that those are not always applicable with DI, alot of my combos are not fully applicable in real battles. =/
dtilt > fair IS perfectly connectable though. if you plan to implement dtilt > uptilt, please use with caution. sry for providing bad leads x.x

my combos are very spontaneous and instinctive. x.x i just use whatever is in range ><

everyone:

thx for your commentaries <3, mewtwo main for-life <3.

turbo_ja

Smash Apprentice
woh just realized airo is from richmond too..thats nuts. haha ILL PLAY YOU.

booshk

Smash Lord
I really do feel sorry for you, Airo...

X . X
man who the hell is this airo guy he's horrible. quit nNOW man
im kidding toby;)
thats ur name right i forgot:( man i havent smashed with errbody in so long...

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
good job airo! i hope to see more videos showing the potential of mewtwo and showing off your skill in the near future =P

Metà

Smash Master
man who the hell is this airo guy he's horrible. quit nNOW man
im kidding toby;)
thats ur name right i forgot:( man i havent smashed with errbody in so long...
I never said Airo is horrible. In fact, I complimented him earlier on; he's an amazing player. What I was referring to was the fact that he is a 'Mewtwo main for life'. That's just depressing. : (

Thunderbolt

Smash Journeyman
I liked your Mewtwo's movement. Nothing special, but its pretty trippy to watch. I'd like to see some real matches.

Btw I hate training mode. I just put on endless melee. Because I do aerials with the C-Stick.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
Whoa airo, thats pretty good, looks like hes on steroids cause i dont remember him moving that fast ^^, but my samus has gottten alot bettter :p tiep look out! muahahaha anyways im looking forward to the 27th im definate go now ^^ i plan on winning btw :p look out falso falco!!!!

=.=
quite sad of me.
no vcr available.
almost never recorded myself since.
no one to play with this week. "the crew went to a tournament outside of my country"
meta not comming to the next tourney im going to (meaning no recording).
stuck with a digital camera with no sound recording.
left with training mode.
and wanting something to identify my current progress.

note: im less beserkish in real battles, just a bit less.

hope this contributes to the mewtwo reviving action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqYCSPrpXd8

o.o thx for watching

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
Airo and I have some crazy-looking matches with Mewtwo and G&W. We're both just WDing all over the place with tons of fakeouts. Good times.

turbo_ja

Smash Apprentice
I WILL DE-STROY YOU AIRO MUAHAHHAHA CHALLENGE ME :D!!! i WILL HUNT YOU DOWN

1nfern0x

Smash Rookie
I WILL DE-STROY YOU AIRO MUAHAHHAHA CHALLENGE ME :D!!! i WILL HUNT YOU DOWN
Seems A Little Cowearesque. Might Not Be Though, Who Knows. I Will Not Challenge This Guy To A Money Match Though. Anyone Ever Notice That Popcorn Looks Alot Like Cowear :p. Also Since When Did Teh Mewtwo Boards Turn Into The B.C Boards????

Top Bottom