• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Game Music

Saltix

Smash Lord
I'm sick at home right now and rather than watch MTV all day like I did yesterday, I figured I'd expand my music library. Might as well throw some video game music in there.
Anyone mind pointing me to a particular series, or even better, particular games with some good music?

I hear Megaman is pretty good.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon
Golden Sun
BlazBlue
Guilty Gear Accent Core
Banjo mother ****ing Kazooie, *****es
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Melee (if you're not tired of it)

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
Final Fantasy VI (others are good, but VI is widely considered the best)
Chrono Trigger/Cross
Castlevania (Symphony of the Night, Portrait of Ruin, 2, 3, Dawn of Sorrow)
Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles, Adventure
Kirby Super Star
Various DDR songs
most beatmania IIDX songs
Mega Man (X especially)

There are many other great soundtracks, but IMO those are pretty much the basis for VG music.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
If you just want ambient stuff to chill out to, Secret of Evermore.

I don't know if you're just looking for chiptuney stuff or whatever, but Metroid Metal is quite good.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Anyone who suggests a Final Fantasy game over Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon doesn't know where it's at. Seriously.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon
Golden Sun
BlazBlue
Guilty Gear Accent Core
Banjo mother ****ing Kazooie, *****es
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Melee (if you're not tired of it)
We've got similar taste in music :laugh:
What would you say about the music out of the Banjo Kazooie sequels though?

Final Fantasy VI (others are good, but VI is widely considered the best)
Chrono Trigger/Cross
Castlevania (Symphony of the Night, Portrait of Ruin, 2, 3, Dawn of Sorrow)
Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles, Adventure
Kirby Super Star
Various DDR songs
most beatmania IIDX songs
Mega Man (X especially)

There are many other great soundtracks, but IMO those are pretty much the basis for VG music.
Megaman X has the best music out of the series?

*I'm not really too fond of the music from BlazBlue tbh, and I already have the Brawl/Melee soundtracks*

Oh, and also, aside from OCRemix, any good websites where I can these OSTs pretty quickly?

GA Peach

Smash Lord
GGXX, a lot of Square/Enix stuff as seperate companies and a joint unit, ocremix, Tekken Tag Tournament, Rockman, Sonic, Brawl(terrible competitive game, but very good soundtrack) and the list can go on.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Banjo Tooie had an awesome soundtrack as well

Nuts and Bolts doesn't exist, so I don't know if the soundtrack is good or not :/

Saltix

Smash Lord
I've already started getting a lot of the songs out of the lists you guys have given me, thanks!
But right now I'm on the megaman series... which of these 500 (lol) games has the best soundtracks?

BigLøu

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf1UXzrZPMM&annotation_id=annotation_97088&feature=iv

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c0ri2SLXSk

Are my 2 favorite gaming songs. I like pretty much all old school sonic music, a lot of final fantasy music like 4, 6, 7, 10.
Tales series had some good music as well (pretty much any of them, well the ones I've played are symphonia and vesperia)

Smash has good music too, all of them.

O and Halo 1 had good music too, halo 2 and 3's were kinda meh.(they were like remixes of halo 1 with a few new ones)

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Final fantasy 7 is so ****ing good! Sound track *****.
Also all guilty gear sound tracks are great. Street fighter and marvel vs capcom one and two.

I would also say the tony hawk and def jam icons sound track but thats music in itself.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Suikoden
Xenogears
Final Fantasy Tactics
Chrono cross

All of these games have amazing ost's, you owe it to yourself to listen to them :)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I am currently playing FF8, so the OST I'm going to prefer right now is the FF8 soundtrack.

Nothing better than a cup of ice cold milk beside ya while you run through caves with the track Find Your Way being played. So mystical and mysterious. :laugh:

Top Bottom