• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video game characters you want with a 0% chance

Would so want as an Echo of Link.....alas...not going to happen. For one thing there's probably enough Links in the game lol.

I'll take a costume for Link but again, not likely.

Last edited:

CloudedSun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jay-Explosion
Switch FC
SW 8009 2151 5629
Joker from Persona 5 and Addam from Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna the Golden Country. The former is far too recent to get any recognition and Joker's fans aren't loud enough, and the latter isn't even a star of the main game.

Before echoes, heck before Simon Belmont, I would've put Roxas on this list too, but he has a slim chance of being Sora's echo fighter somehow.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Tiny Kong - only way she'd get in is if Dixie is unique and gets an echo. Very, very unlikely.
Lanky Kong - ARMS is more relevant for a character that stretches his arms out just for you.
Mrs. Arrow - my main in F-Zero X and GX.
Gordon Freeman - Half-Life is iconic, but Valve have no reason to want a character in Smash. They barely make games anymore due to Steam.
Arbok - favorite Pokemon. A serpent character would be interesting.
Godot (Ace Attorney) - Best chance is a color for Phoenix Wright
Katt Monroe - would be a wtf character and her trailer would be great just because of how Falco would react to it.
A GTA protagonist/Jimmy Hopkins from Bully.

Last edited:

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Joker from Persona 5 and Aigis from Persona 3.

Part of me thinks Joker at least has a 1% chance, but even I know Aigis in Smash is just a fantasy.

D

Deleted member

Two of my most wanted newcomers, Takumi from Fire Emblem and Joker from Persona 5, have an incredibly low chance of 1%. It's not really a 0% because I can somehow, someway see them be possible but the chances are incredibly slim. I would still love to see them be playable, however.
As for outright 0% chance of happening, that would go to Bomberman, Mimikyu, Captain Toad, and Knuckles.

aarchak

Smash Ace
I swear, everyone wants P5's Joker but nobody thinks he will get in. I mean they're right, but I've seen at least 3 posts on this thread mentioning Joker.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
The Dragonborn is like 20% likely, dude. Haha
I wish I had your optimism. I can think of a million reasons he won't be in, and the only way I can see it happening is if Bethesda specifically asked for it when they started Skyrim Switch, since that would have been right around the time they finished the project plan.

But I'm still hoping beyond hope.

---

Speaking of, there are a few other characters I'd like to see, and would even be really excited to see as assists. The four champions from BotW, for one. I don't like the ides of one getting a promotion over the other three (unless it's Urbosa since I'm biased toward her), but they'd also make a nice assist, since evidently we don't have enough Zelda one-off assists yet /s

Also, Arcanine pokéball when?

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I mean. The only characters we can ever say are definitively a 0% chance are characters that Sakurai and his team literally say "I will never ever put these characters in Smash". Otherwise, everyone from a video game has a theoretical chance, however microscopic that chance is.

I'd second Duke Nukem though, the guy doesn't seem like he'd fit in, but his 90s incarnation totally would. Not the one from the newest game, the old one.

Tiki from Fire Emblem. She's starred as a major character in more games than Marth has. But she's just not the kind of character they'd ever focus on. She's not a Lord or the star of the newest game, which seems to be the criteria for FE inclusion.

Zidane Tribal from FF9. That game is a real gem and is criminally underrated. But we already have Cloud and other Final Fantasy games would be put first if they ever included a second character.

Ratchet and Clank would be cool. But they're direct competition to Nintendo because it's an active franchise that's exclusively on a rival console.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Travis Touchdown.
I bought No More Heroes the very same day that I got Brawl, and I played the sh** out of both.
Ever since then, I've been wanting Travis as a Smash character. With the release of Travis Strikes Again I thought there would be a chance for him in Ultimate, but I see no one hyped for it and no support from the community. There's not even a support thread for him here in Smashboards, so yeah, tough luck.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I wish I had your optimism. I can think of a million reasons he won't be in, and the only way I can see it happening is if Bethesda specifically asked for it when they started Skyrim Switch, since that would have been right around the time they finished the project plan.

But I'm still hoping beyond hope.

---

Speaking of, there are a few other characters I'd like to see, and would even be really excited to see as assists. The four champions from BotW, for one. I don't like the ides of one getting a promotion over the other three (unless it's Urbosa since I'm biased toward her), but they'd also make a nice assist, since evidently we don't have enough Zelda one-off assists yet /s

Also, Arcanine pokéball when?
The Dragonborn is already extremely iconic with his associate with memes. I probably overrated it but its safe to assume Sakurai is aware of his existence in some capacity. The Dragonborn is at least 10% likely.

Pokeball Arcanine is an extreme missed opportunity.

Travis Touchdown.
I bought No More Heroes the very same day that I got Brawl, and I played the sh** out of both.
Ever since then, I've been wanting Travis as a Smash character. With the release of Travis Strikes Again I thought there would be a chance for him in Ultimate, but I see no one hyped for it and no support from the community. There's not even a support thread for him here in Smashboards, so yeah, tough luck.
https://smashboards.com/threads/climbing-the-ranks-travis-touchdown-for-switch-smash.453448/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

• Melia, Reyn (Xenoblade 1) - I doubt there was much ballot support for any of the remaining party members from that game other than maybe Fiora, and she's now part of Shulk's Final Smash.
  • Morag, Zeke, Jin (Xenoblade 2) - Not getting in before Rex & Pyra, at least. Even then, I wouldn't expect any non-echo picks from that game other than the main duo.
  • Spyro - Western third party character that never left much of an impact or presence in Japan. And while the upcoming remake will be the titular dragon's first Japanese release since Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure in 2013, it's far too late for it to have any effect on the base roster. Even if it does boost Spyro's popularity and recognition there by the time DLC for Smash Ultimate happens, I still think we'd more likely get Crash, if anyone from Activision. I doubt he had much support from the ballot either.
  • Zael (The Last Story) - Obscure, irrelevant nobody. I also doubt he was on many's radars during the ballot.

And of course there's the disconfirmed, such as Fiora, Dunban, Zero, Alucard, & Knuckles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
Epsilon-Eagle from Alien Soldier. I'd also like the Ooze in Smash but I don't know how his amorphous green liquid body could be implemented.

Epsilon-2.jpg tumblr_p911bp8UZI1tu022ro1_500.png tumblr_p911asTqC71tu022ro1_500.jpg

Last edited:

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
If only they added Amaterasu. An awesome female 4-legged fighter... like Ivysaur, now that I think of it :laugh:

But no way she's getting in. Oh well, we'll always have Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Really, any SMT protagonist.

Have an entire thread dedicated to 'em

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'd second Duke Nukem though, the guy doesn't seem like he'd fit in, but his 90s incarnation totally would. Not the one from the newest game, the old one.

Ratchet and Clank would be cool. But they're direct competition to Nintendo because it's an active franchise that's exclusively on a rival console.
That's a guarantee, since his Forever incarnation didn't blow over well. Since Sakurai usually goes for an early design for characters, it would benefit him indeed. His Game Boy color spin-off also proves that he can be adapted for kid-friendlier games.

If R&C, Jak & Daxter and Sly Cooper weren't exclusively Playstation heroes, I would champion them without a second thought.

Louisacommie

Smash Apprentice
Sony owned character
Mainly kratos
Even Microsoft characters are more likely (master chief hype train)

Atleast crash and spyro are owned by Activision

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Heavy Weapons Guy

Hell any of the TF2 mercs but Heavy is the most iconic and fits the best. I would love the feeling of using my fists but also a gimmick of mini gun ammo. Also sandvich shenanigans online would be the best. I would totes just be a hoovy and give out sandviches. I just love tf2.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Bebedora from Arc the Lad: Twilight of Spirits. She was such a great character. A doll possessed by darkness, she has a creepy, monotone voice, laughs when she gets hit, and can mind control her enemies. And I really like her design. Friggin love Bebedora.

http://www.flyingomelette.com/arc4/arc4bebedora.html

Last edited:

InkyNeko

Smash Rookie
Marina Liteyears (Mischief Makers)
Adeleine (Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards)
Glover (Glover)

blame my Nintendo 64 nostalgia.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
One more character that hit me out of noweher, Leisure Suit Larry

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Characters I really want with basically 0% chance?

There's Mallo from Pushmo (the eShop-only puzzle game series on the 3DS, with one game on the Wii U). I made the mistake of imagining a moveset for Mallo and getting hyped just thinking about it. At this point I'd be happy with any sort of Pushmo content in Ultimate, such as a trophy or a song.

I guess Qbby from Boxboy (also an eShop-only puzzle series, but only on the 3DS) is one. He doesn't have much moveset potential, and I want the other two characters here far more than Qbby, but because you asked.

Then there's Ori from, well, Ori and the Blind Forest (a Metroidvania-esque game on Xbox and PC). After playing this game, Ori is my most-wanted 3rd-party character with no connection to Nintendo, so I know this will never happen. And to be fair, Ori is a DLC character in Rivals of Aether, apparently.

I could mention a number of Pokémon I love that obviously won't make the cut- Litwick, Aron, Bounsweet, I think you get the idea. I'd probably just be happy to see them be able to come out of the Poké Ball item, like with Togedemaru.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
There would he one character that comes close to meeting this criteria: Asuka from Senran Kagura.

Not only is her series niche as it gets (even it's nothing worth bragging about for Marvelous's second biggest money maker), but she would have to be toned down alot to fit the series (No clothing damage).

Even I will admit the likes of Jbanyan have a better chance than her.

Smash Lampjaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1307-1021-0308
Vault Boy from Fallout. He's close enough to Lucas' design to fit in visually, methinks.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
My never happening choices would be characters from the Kiseki (called Trails outside Japan) series. I could even predict how they would be repped as well.

Estelle Bright (Trails in the Sky) and Lloyd Bannings (Zero no Kiseki) would be playable characters, Joshua Bright (Trails in the Sky) would show up in Estelle's Final Smash and Olivier Lenheim (popular character who shows up in most games) would be an assist trophy character. Represented stage would be the flying aircraft Arseille which would be up in the sky but would sometimes transfer characters over to other aircrafts like the Bobcat and the Glorious.

I would have included Rean Schwarzer (Trails of Cold Steel) as well but he would be criticized by the internet for being another anime swordsman. Estelle and Lloyd at least wield a staff and dual wield tonfas respectively.

Last edited:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Any Mortal Kombat kharacter
Oh yeah, this for sure. Scorpion or Sub-Zero would be awesome to see.

But any other violent or profane game represented in Smash doesn't even come close to Mortal Kombat's gore, profanity, and violence. If any iconic video game were to have a 0% chance in Smash, it'd be Mortal Kombat imo. Even Halo has a much better chance.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Earthworm Jim
Ristar
Toejam and Earl
Amaterasu from Okami
Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends With You
Razputin from Psychonauts
Yoshimitsu from Tekken and Soul Calibur
Moosh from Oracle of Seasons