• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video & Critique Thread

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Came here to find Dabuz vs Abandango.

Has anyone here done any analysis of this match? It's really interesting.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
Do I detect bitterness lol
I've played a lot of Rosalinas in my time and it just frustrates me that she gets SO much reward from one, low start up, low end lag move on top of all the other advantages she already has over Pac (range, power, a projectile shield of sorts in Luma.

I am pretty bitter, yes, but it's an infuriating matchup where one character is basically doing all the work while the other… presses down and b and punishes the higher end lag (on our hydrant drop for example).

Pressing down-b doesn't let me build a lead.
No, but all your advantages over us now you've removed our projectile game means the MU becomes fairly trivial.

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Been abandoning For Glory and I now play on SmashLadder.com instead. I feel like I've been playing a little sloppier than usual lately, and I'd like some advice again. Got 1 win and 1 loss for each set of matches.

vs :4ganondorf: and :4wario2:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATyWpLLUeKk

vs :4myfriends: and :4ness:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_PaL2hRUBE

Need all the help I can get, so whatever advice or criticism you got, plz lay it on me. These videos almost took a whole day to upload (yesterday I did so at 5:00 P.M. and it just came on the internet a few min ago from now), hilariously enough.

Hey-o, can I still get a lil' criticism here? Just got my game back and I can practice again, and I wanted to bump this back in case anyone's stopped reading comment section 6 and moved on already. Sorry about that.

Spirst

@ Po3T Po3T I moved your post from the player rankings thread to the appropriate one, the videos thread.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Update: I've added all videos to this point except for those videos by fromundaman fromundaman . I plan on adding those videos as I find time.

I also went through and gave two of the most popular Pac-Mains unique ways to quickly identify their videos. Abadango and Kool Aid have each really stepped up their game shown the world that Pac-Man is a true contender. I know we have plenty of good Pac-Mains here but I feel like these two are the current standard to reach for. You will notice that Abadango plays a bit more campy while Kool Aid plays a bit more aggressive. Obviously, both ways pay off and create very exciting matches. Hopefully making their videos easier to find here will help to inspire more greatness from this character.

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
I have a few matches from the times I fought Nairo and BSP.

Each video is about a month apart, I really should have uploaded these earlier :psycho:

Procyon :4pacman:Vs. BSP :4mario:
http://youtu.be/HCFPcT76WBE

Procyon :4pacman: Vs. Nairo :4robinf:
http://youtu.be/QPzVZoGqWCA

Procyon:4pacman: Vs. Nairo:4zss:
http://youtu.be/ZBfQMTiszU8

Critique is welcome as always :4pacman:
Better late than never. Besides, we now have 200 videos in the OP and we have over 20 in the 2nd post. That's outstanding guys!

Btw- The Highlight section (at the end of the OP) is getting pretty congested. Think you guys could help me clean it up? I just need help limiting some of the bigger matchups like Diddy Kong, Rosaluma, etc. I would prefer to only have 2-3 of our best videos showcasing each matchup.

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
I never posted it here, but it's good to know that you can heal yourself off of Rosalina's side B.

BSP

Smash Legend
What's the trick? I don't really have a way to test this myself.
When she does gravitational pull, begin a side B and then press A immediately after. Pac-Man should eat the pellet.

I made that video by myself, so it's not that hard to do.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
As I will soon be leaving my Wii U behind, I decided to record some online matches against the best player in my city. I would appreciate any and all comments as I am really keen to try and knock this guy off the top (He has only dropped 2 or 3 sets since the 3DS release and won every tourney).

Here goes.

Maribro Vs. eltoNNNNNN :4villager: online Friendlies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPlkHyXPWkM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlkOWCmPuAA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4Rp24-AWMk

@ Firedemon0 Firedemon0 , @ Funkermonster Funkermonster , @ BSP BSP , you guys have done critiquing for me before so if you can give me one last round before I enter my first smash 4 tourney, that would be great. Anyone else thinking they can help me out would also be excellent to receive advice from you :).

BSP

Smash Legend
As I will soon be leaving my Wii U behind, I decided to record some online matches against the best player in my city. I would appreciate any and all comments as I am really keen to try and knock this guy off the top (He has only dropped 2 or 3 sets since the 3DS release and won every tourney).

Here goes.

@ Firedemon0 Firedemon0 , @ Funkermonster Funkermonster , @ BSP BSP , you guys have done critiquing for me before so if you can give me one last round before I enter my first smash 4 tourney, that would be great. Anyone else thinking they can help me out would also be excellent to receive advice from you :).
First thing I'm noticing is that you're jumping around a lot, and I have to wonder why. I think when you're jumping that much vs. Villager, you are exposing yourself to his projectile game more than necessary. He can't quickly launch a grounded hydrant, so it's pretty safe to stand behind and charge what you want.

Other than that, I think you're handling the MU well. You still like going for the side B KOs though, which is something I'd tone down on unless doing it off of a bell or hydrant. Another habit to break is sitting in shield when Loid Rocket is coming at you with Villager behind it. I would consider jumping in that case and throwing out an aerial to challenge his Nair/Fair/Bair, rolling at him, attacking the rocket, or something. Shielding isn't bad, but I think that's what Villager wants you to do.

In game 1 at around 1:30 ish, you started to chase him when he caught your fruit and kept it. Why? If you have the lead, let him come to you. Like I said, Villager can't launch your hydrants very quickly, and you can always heal off of stray Loids.

If you grab Villager and you're on top of a rocket, a Dthrow should blow it up and keep you safe from it.

Other than that, there are recent matches of myself vs. Villager and Abadando vs. Player-1's Villlager. You could watch those and get some ideas. I think Abadango handles the MU well.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412

Here goes.

With pleasure.

Game 1:
  • 0:22 Wouldn't have gone for that sideB if I were you
  • First 60 seconds, good stuff man. You hardly took any damage while getting him to 99%
  • 1:30 Why are you chasing him while he has your fruit? By holding an item he limits his options and you had a life lead, just make him come after you.
  • 1:41 I'm pretty grab-happy, but doing that 2 times in a row was probably not a great idea
  • 1:47 He was in mid-air and jumped right off the rocket/hydrant collision, so I have no idea why you decided to throw that key so quickly.
  • 2:00 Hey be careful with that! Throwing down hydrants when you're so high in the air might not have been the best move there. It is indeed an amazing tool, but do remember opponents can use it against you. Also, don't charge Bonus Fruit in the air like that, you got killed by your own hydrant when you did. I didn't think that was going to hit you though and I was rather surprised that it did though.
  • 2:09 I think just trying to go offstage and harassing him there would have been more effective than throwing an orange at him. Guarding the ledge by jabbing a hydrant might have also worked (which I think you could do a bit more), though he could still pocket it.
  • 2:26 Forget the hydrant, worry more about your enemy. I don't think breaking it was really necessary here.
  • 2:53 Did you anticipate him trying to pocket and then punishing it? Or was that on accident? Either way, good attempt. Personally, I would've charged up to Galaga Ship instead of the Key after killing though, more damage and combos from it if he can't pocket.
  • 3:01 I'm noticing here you to like jumping around a lot, and you seem to toss a hydrant down almost everytime you do. Considering how it can be used against Pac Man and can potentially backfire on him, I personally feel you are spawning hydrants and double jump a little too often.
  • 3:40 Like the offstage bell toss you did there.
  • 3:43 Instead of Dsmash, I think you should have done UpB or Nair Out of Shield instead. I don't recall you doing either of those things very often (if at all) in this game.
  • 3:56 That was a little unfortunate while you were so close to that tree. I'm not gonna lie though, I probably would have made the same mistake you did, knowing my own reckless nature.
  • 3:59 Another Jump and Hydrant Toss?
  • 4:13 I thought throwing the key at those hydrants was a good idea. Too bad they didn't snag him though.
  • 4:36 Again, dangerous hydrant toss.
  • 4:47 You're very lucky here
  • 4:56 See what I mean? The Hydrant is great and all, but abusing it is risky.
  • 4:57 Double Jumping before tossing that puts you in a bad position and limits your options coming down. Unless you've got a fruit to Z-Drop or something, Pac-Man's landing options suck and there's not a lot you can do against people directly below you. You got Uaired and lost the game.
Game 2:
  • I0:32 Missed Punish. When you got launched off, you double jumped immediately when recovering, be careful about that.
  • 0:35 SideB into the platform got ya punished, don't do it.
  • 0:47 Dunno why you went for that SideB
  • 0:57 Holy crap! You actually got a double hydrant kill. I felt that was pretty lucky, but good attempt.
  • 1:01 Again, this is just me, but I think charging to Galaga would've been better than going to Key.
  • 1:09 Nevermind, I stand corrected, job well done on that hydrant shot. I still think that was kinda lucky though.
  • 1:14 Good Nair OoS, 2nd time I remember you doing it.
  • 1:24 You're really lucky you didn't get Up Smashed or Up Aired here, you could've gotten punished for that, Big Time.
  • 1:40 Woah, I thought for sure you were going to die from that! Great recovery you made there, I certainly couldn't have done that.
  • 1:52 Good Bell > Uair
  • 2:42 Ouch........
  • 2:46 Like that Hyphen Usmash kill, good use of the respawn invincibility.
  • 3:10 You UpB'd into the laser and took a huge amount of damage. Please tell me that was an input error. You probably could've grabbed and Up Threw him into it though since you were directly underneath it
  • 3:15 Owie..... not gonna blame you for that death, but you might wanna work on teching stage spikes, and I think I will too (I never tech stage spikes ever, so I definitely would've died too if that were me).
  • 3:35 I'm noticing here you've still got a habit of rolling in both here and your previous game., and you got punished for it this time Not quite as much as before, but still overdoing it.
  • 3:54 See what I mean here with the Side B?
  • 4:43 Boo Yah!
Overall:
  1. Cool it with the double jumping, you're exposing yourself to punishment more. Especially against his projectiles
  2. Sometimes your hydrant use was great. Most of the time though, I feel you're takin' it too far.
  3. Relax on rolling
  4. Use Up B and Nair OoS more
  5. As slow as Pac-Man's grab is, a little more use of it couldn't hurt. You barely went for any grabs, though this is kind of a nitpick so its not too big a deal.
Otherwise, I've got nothing else to complain about, you're doing a good job! If you got the time to look at the videos I posted awhile back and return the favor, that'd be awesome. I can't watch the 3rd video right now, sorry.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
:crying:
Can I get some critiques?
I'm on my phone right now and typing on its a pain so I can't say much now, maybe I can help later . I did watch 3/4 of the Mario vid though and there's at least 1 thing I can say: I feel you are not respecting his reflector enough. You overused your projectiles a little and made it predictable, he shot them back at you quite a few times. That is all.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
First thing I'm noticing is that you're jumping around a lot, and I have to wonder why. I think when you're jumping that much vs. Villager, you are exposing yourself to his projectile game more than necessary. He can't quickly launch a grounded hydrant, so it's pretty safe to stand behind and charge what you want.

Other than that, I think you're handling the MU well. You still like going for the side B KOs though, which is something I'd tone down on unless doing it off of a bell or hydrant. Another habit to break is sitting in shield when Loid Rocket is coming at you with Villager behind it. I would consider jumping in that case and throwing out an aerial to challenge his Nair/Fair/Bair, rolling at him, attacking the rocket, or something. Shielding isn't bad, but I think that's what Villager wants you to do.

In game 1 at around 1:30 ish, you started to chase him when he caught your fruit and kept it. Why? If you have the lead, let him come to you. Like I said, Villager can't launch your hydrants very quickly, and you can always heal off of stray Loids.

If you grab Villager and you're on top of a rocket, a Dthrow should blow it up and keep you safe from it.

Other than that, there are recent matches of myself vs. Villager and Abadando vs. Player-1's Villlager. You could watch those and get some ideas. I think Abadango handles the MU well.
Cheers for the write up man, can you hit me up with your vid against a Villager? I found the aba one just fine but couldn't see yours.

I probably chased him because it's online friendlies and I hate playing lame. I had a massive lead and understand that him having fruit was really just giving me the advantage.

Rest of it has been noted.

Cheers!

With pleasure.

Game 1:
  • 0:22 Wouldn't have gone for that sideB if I were you
  • First 60 seconds, good stuff man. You hardly took any damage while getting him to 99%
  • 1:30 Why are you chasing him while he has your fruit? By holding an item he limits his options and you had a life lead, just make him come after you.
  • 1:41 I'm pretty grab-happy, but doing that 2 times in a row was probably not a great idea
  • 1:47 He was in mid-air and jumped right off the rocket/hydrant collision, so I have no idea why you decided to throw that key so quickly.
  • 2:00 Hey be careful with that! Throwing down hydrants when you're so high in the air might not have been the best move there. It is indeed an amazing tool, but do remember opponents can use it against you. Also, don't charge Bonus Fruit in the air like that, you got killed by your own hydrant when you did. I didn't think that was going to hit you though and I was rather surprised that it did though.
  • 2:09 I think just trying to go offstage and harassing him there would have been more effective than throwing an orange at him. Guarding the ledge by jabbing a hydrant might have also worked (which I think you could do a bit more), though he could still pocket it.
  • 2:26 Forget the hydrant, worry more about your enemy. I don't think breaking it was really necessary here.
  • 2:53 Did you anticipate him trying to pocket and then punishing it? Or was that on accident? Either way, good attempt. Personally, I would've charged up to Galaga Ship instead of the Key after killing though, more damage and combos from it if he can't pocket.
  • 3:01 I'm noticing here you to like jumping around a lot, and you seem to toss a hydrant down almost everytime you do. Considering how it can be used against Pac Man and can potentially backfire on him, I personally feel you are spawning hydrants and double jump a little too often.
  • 3:40 Like the offstage bell toss you did there.
  • 3:43 Instead of Dsmash, I think you should have done UpB or Nair Out of Shield instead. I don't recall you doing either of those things very often (if at all) in this game.
  • 3:56 That was a little unfortunate while you were so close to that tree. I'm not gonna lie though, I probably would have made the same mistake you did, knowing my own reckless nature.
  • 3:59 Another Jump and Hydrant Toss?
  • 4:13 I thought throwing the key at those hydrants was a good idea. Too bad they didn't snag him though.
  • 4:36 Again, dangerous hydrant toss.
  • 4:47 You're very lucky here
  • 4:56 See what I mean? The Hydrant is great and all, but abusing it is risky.
  • 4:57 Double Jumping before tossing that puts you in a bad position and limits your options coming down. Unless you've got a fruit to Z-Drop or something, Pac-Man's landing options suck and there's not a lot you can do against people directly below you. You got Uaired and lost the game.
Game 2:
  • I0:32 Missed Punish. When you got launched off, you double jumped immediately when recovering, be careful about that.
  • 0:35 SideB into the platform got ya punished, don't do it.
  • 0:47 Dunno why you went for that SideB
  • 0:57 Holy crap! You actually got a double hydrant kill. I felt that was pretty lucky, but good attempt.
  • 1:01 Again, this is just me, but I think charging to Galaga would've been better than going to Key.
  • 1:09 Nevermind, I stand corrected, job well done on that hydrant shot. I still think that was kinda lucky though.
  • 1:14 Good Nair OoS, 2nd time I remember you doing it.
  • 1:24 You're really lucky you didn't get Up Smashed or Up Aired here, you could've gotten punished for that, Big Time.
  • 1:40 Woah, I thought for sure you were going to die from that! Great recovery you made there, I certainly couldn't have done that.
  • 1:52 Good Bell > Uair
  • 2:42 Ouch........
  • 2:46 Like that Hyphen Usmash kill, good use of the respawn invincibility.
  • 3:10 You UpB'd into the laser and took a huge amount of damage. Please tell me that was an input error. You probably could've grabbed and Up Threw him into it though since you were directly underneath it
  • 3:15 Owie..... not gonna blame you for that death, but you might wanna work on teching stage spikes, and I think I will too (I never tech stage spikes ever, so I definitely would've died too if that were me).
  • 3:35 I'm noticing here you've still got a habit of rolling in both here and your previous game., and you got punished for it this time Not quite as much as before, but still overdoing it.
  • 3:54 See what I mean here with the Side B?
  • 4:43 Boo Yah!
Overall:
  1. Cool it with the double jumping, you're exposing yourself to punishment more. Especially against his projectiles
  2. Sometimes your hydrant use was great. Most of the time though, I feel you're takin' it too far.
  3. Relax on rolling
  4. Use Up B and Nair OoS more
  5. As slow as Pac-Man's grab is, a little more use of it couldn't hurt. You barely went for any grabs, though this is kind of a nitpick so its not too big a deal.
Otherwise, I've got nothing else to complain about, you're doing a good job! If you got the time to look at the videos I posted awhile back and return the favor, that'd be awesome. I can't watch the 3rd video right now, sorry.
Thanks for the detailed, time break down of the two matches. I'd appreciate a critique of the third, but I understand if you can't do it.

As for up-bing into the laser, I dunno what happened but I sure felt bad afterwards. Thought I'd thrown the game at that point.

I'm not used to having OoS options other than grab really. I came from Melee/PM Game and Watch and he has a 20+ frame Nair and frame 1 up b but the up b puts him so high up, it's really not a great OoS option. It's something I need to work on for Pac and my secondary, Yoshi because both of their grabs are horrendous.

Oh and as for my key love, it does work in this MU because of a few things

1) Launching the hydrant with it means the villager cannot pocket one without being hit by the other. If the key hits, it usually true combos into the hydrant which is a lovely 28% combo.
2) Keys are harder to react to and pocket than galaxians. This guy is pocket heavy and I don't want to lose a solid tool.
3) Keys pierce the projectile wall Villager likes to sit behind.

So I watched the first set and I dunno who picked the stages, but BF is arguably Pac's worst stage. The platforms interfere with a lot of our stuff and I honestly wouldn't recommend taking Pac to BF. If we're looking at an Evo style ruleset, I would say that going to Lylat, Smashville or FD would be your best bet for a starter. Counter picks are really down to taste to be honest but I like KJ64 a lot.

As for gameplay from the first set, you seemed overly static. A polar opposite of me and I don't think it really works. Pac has good aerial mobility so you should abuse it. I think a combination of our respective styles is necessary for Pac. I probably move too much, you don't really move enough. Specifically for Ganon, @dragontamer recommended empty hops. You played fairly well, but he did power shield a lot of your fruit which should suggest you were being way too predictable with your usage. I don't think you respected the speed of his tilts or some of his aerials enough either. Ganon's mobility may be slow, but he has some somewhat fast moves that are still horrifically powerful. You also got shield broken by his up tilt. Just roll away or attack him. It's happened to all of us though so don't be disheartened and try not to let it happen again. Ledge trump Bair is also a good way to seal an early stock on Ganon. Bair chains really well together because of Pac's mobility so abuse it off stage.

You did well in the Wario match but you threw out some smash attacks when he wasn't really anywhere near you. I used to have this habit. You landed a couple but, they're laggy on start up and end lag so throwing them out isn't something I would recommend. I don't really know why he threw himself off the ledge either. maybe Wario is a closet lemming. Idk. You were still pretty static in this match but you won so it can work but I wouldn't recommend being that static.

I have no idea what happened in the Ike match. You seemed to consistently use the wrong move to punish. I think you were probably justifiably scared of ragnell. I too have had this fear but you just gotta overcome it. You missed an up smash opportunity when he landed right in front of you after using QD. Every time he used eruption I probably would have used a fruit to punish him. You also missed another punish on a QD when he ended up right in front of you. I also highly recommend NEVER going to Delfino as Pac. I've had more trouble there than most stages. The platforms really mess me up and the transformations aren't really that great either. I know Lylat has platforms, but we don't get our recovery screwed over and the stage tilt creates interesting things with fruit and hydrants.

You played the Ness match fairly well and FD was a solid pick. There were still a few errant smash attacks though and you barely harassed him offstage except for eating 26% to gimp his PKT2. You were a bit more mobile which was nice to see your fruit mixups were better. So yeah, you did well in this match. Not too much else to say I haven't already mentioned.

:crying:
Can I get some critiques?
You started off really well in the ZSS match but then kinda fell apart before nearly bringing it back. You got kinda lucky from some of the things that you did (hydrant water pushing his up b, him missing an easy punish on your side-b back to the ground, stage spike off side b) but you take those because you played really well outside of that. I liked your retreating oranges and that'll be something I will implement into my game in future. Also, on last stock I woulda just used the shortest side-b possible. Especially with a character like ZSS being played by Nairo breathing down your neck. You're asking to be edguarded by using the full and kinda slow side-b.

You did really well in the Robin match. Nice super armour abuse at the end there. I dunno if apple is a good move to use in neutral the way you did at the start of the match but other than that, nothing too much wrong here. You do seem quite airdodge happy though.

Solid play in the Mario match but yet another stage spike off side-b. I have no idea how easy that is to tech offline, but it isn't something I would rely on in an offline environment. That's one in every match so far. This is really just a nitpick though. In general you didn't harass him enough offstage. Mario's recovery is fairly linear and poor and you didn't really leap off stage to try and force an error. You also did nothing when you ledge trumped him, ledge trump bair is seriously the bomb diggidy, I recommend it.

Overall solid Pac you have there man. I'd like to 1v1 you some time but the lag would be unbearable. If you have some time to review any of the many clips I have posted, that would be appreciated.

BSP

Smash Legend
I have no idea how easy that is to tech offline, but it isn't something I would rely on in an offline environment.
I'd tech that for sure offline. Smash 4 has a pretty big tech window IMO. Thus, stage spikes usually aren't reliable, unfortunately.

Me vs. Villager: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOjavGWLyp0&list=PLztdJXWbPJJDjIjRZgWQS5Is7wf1DTLdW

This was Jonathan's second time vs. my Pac-Man, so he wouldn't know the MU too well. Still, I think we can handle the character pretty well overall. I agree with your favor of Keys in the MU because they are harder to pocket and pierce everything Villager throws out.

@ P Phampy Those KOs were great. I'm still trying to get a 4x galaxian into a KO'ing side B myself.

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Hey guys! I was just wondering. Do you think it would be wise to create a thread (or maybe even just add to this one) that would make it possible for us to share replays with players that have capture cards? I don't know if this has been done somewhere else but now that sharing has been added maybe we can do this and begin making our videos clearer than ever. I know that not all videos here are our own, but maybe it wouldn't hurt to do something like this just to spruce up our own footprint in the SmashBoards?

EDIT: Judging by the couple likes I just got, this could be a good idea. I think I'll go make a new thread of it and see what the admins say. :)

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
Got a batch of videos vs @BSME/misc ; all of them are online, for glory

BSME (Yoshi) vs. BSP (Pac-Man) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz8ysoA1eIQ
BSME (Bowser) vs. BSP (Pac-Man) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0sBTUJWie8
BSME (Bowser) vs. BSP (Pac-Man) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0sBTUJWie8
BSME (Duck Hunt) vs. BSP (Pac-Man) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhSuMCP_ZF0
BSME (Duck Hunt) vs. BSP (Pac-Man) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14jp2dor-jA
BSME (Duck Hunt) vs. BSP (Pac-Man) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DDyv-Kgh0g
BSME (Duck Hunt) vs. BSP (Pac-Man) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMzvLxGMXmY
BSME (Yoshi) vs. BSP (Pac-Man) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rL6ddsgncM

I have near zero MU experience vs. a competent Bowser or Duck Hunt, so I was trying to learn as I go.

I think DHD wins if we try to sit back because he can launch more things at us and at a quicker rate. My best matches were when I stuck with the lower fruits and kept going in to keep the pressure on. Hitting the can back is a good idea because DHD has to strike it back in your direction to send it back towards you again, wasting some time for him.

The wild gunman also have pretty good startup, so don't get scared of them and sit in shield. Take them out and keep moving.

As for Bowser, be careful with the hydrant drops because he can launch them with ease. Other than that, abuse his big frame and somewhat floatiness to rack up the %. Trampoline helps to control his above average ground speed and Melon will go through fire breath and hit him. U Smash timed well should also beat his dair and bowser bomb clean, although it's strict. Don't plan on KO'ing him before 150% though.

Two nice Bell KOs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPXjvR695Ik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gww9L9so2oY

Last edited:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Also got a nice bell KO. I'm not sure if it was a combo, but it seems pretty tight.:
That was sweet!

I don't think that was a combo though since bell won't stun twice in the same combo unless you reset with a footstool.

EDIT:

I also like your use of special cancels. I feel we all have to work those into our game.

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Sorry I haven't added these yet. I'll get around to it sometime this weekend. :)

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
Sup Pac-Mains, I got some pac-footage to show because Pac-man is one of my mains too!

The first match of this video.

So yea, how is my Pac-man?

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
NICE tech start of match, he couldn't jump up or stay still because the melon and you.WHOA was that a wall-jump canceled bair!!!!!!! 1:21
1:27 nice roll punish.
--2ND VIDEO--
1:52 ohh dam bell combo
2:09 nice edge guarding w/ orange
2:54 i like ur style of catching galactic :3
4:18 cherry counters all gg
Paluntena MU: when she uses reflect use side-b; free heal
9:19 whoa figure out something: f-throw to bell !!

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Getting the thread ready for March. Please don't be alarmed by not seeing all of the videos from Feb. Simply open the spoiler for 2015 and they're all there still. :) (Including the one's from Jords2Good)

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
So I'm gonna bring the critique part of this thread back...
Anyway I kinda want critique on meh play style..maybe a better word is "tips"
sooo for some reason I watch other ppl play Pac and they are good, but when I play it is always slow. Basically people think the more aggressive the better the match. So my question is if "being
aggressive" means fast falling, always teching, and playing a good offstage game...idk meybe it is cause I'm not used 2 the pro controller or because i play like 5 hours at a minimum of 1 day a week and. a maximum of 7...but the average being 2.xD

Ty

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
I know I haven't posted in a stupid long time, but I did play off against @Kool Aid on stream. We even did a pac ditto.

http://www.twitch.tv/xfats/v/3843678?t=2h45m56s
I was really looking forward to watching the ditto match but I can't get the video to load anywhere past 3:02:55 (which is like 10 seconds into the ditto match). I guess I'll go back and watch the peach matches to see what I have for you...

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
I was really looking forward to watching the ditto match but I can't get the video to load anywhere past 3:02:55 (which is like 10 seconds into the ditto match). I guess I'll go back and watch the peach matches to see what I have for you...
Oh noes, it seems it was muted because of copyright claim.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Oh noes, it seems it was muted because of copyright claim.
Think there's any chance you could get him to post it to youtube?

Edit: I just noticed that you guys used customs. I'm not very experienced with them yet so I'm not sure what to think of those matches because of the customs. It looks like he adapted to your playstyle a lot faster than you adapted to his though. Each match seemed to go further in his favor than the last. Perhaps that means you need to work on reading you opponent more. I know he has the advantage going in of being one of the best Pac-Mains out there, so it's not like he's unfamiliar with the matchup, but still. Reading your opponent and working on footsies will probably help you (and most other players for that matter) out a lot. Nice matches though. I really enjoyed some of those kills you got in on him and that awesome ftilt into the bouncing cherry. That was beautiful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom