• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victory Theme Discussion

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I agree, since it is just a different version of Sonic's victory theme from Brawl.
And Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic R, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, Sonic 2006, Sonic 4... they don't use it every single game, but it is the all-purpose Sonic "victory theme" at this point. No reason to change it in Smash 4 as far as I can see.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Hah, I'm really liking the idea of characters getting their own victory tunes. The icons of each series should probably stick with what they already have, with a few exceptions maybe, but characters like Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Zelda, Ganondorf, etc really should get their own.

Luigi's should be from Luigi's Mansion obviously, with Peach using the one from when she's resqued in various games (most notably the older ones). Fortune Street (aka Boom Street for us Europeans) already used that theme too when you'd finish on a Mario themed board. I think Bowser's could be a rock-ish, metal-ish remix of the start of the Super Mario Bros 3 Fortress theme, they could make a pretty epic end with the drums at the end.

Link can keep what he has, but obviously Zelda's should be Zelda's Lullaby. Either that, or the iconic theme belonging to the series, as was the case for SSB64 and Melee. Ganondorf is hard to pick. I think the theme he usually uses in games would be too soft, but they could easily make it sound harder, more rough, like, 'The end is near!' rough, fitting to Ganondorf's character. Toon Link? Obviously something from the Wind Waker. Probably a snippet from the title screen theme, but could easily be the start of the Outset Island theme.

The Pokémon don't really have any theme related to themselves all that much as much as others do except maybe Jigglypuff. Come to think of it, Jiggly could easily use that little jingle of her; heck, have Jiggly sing to it in one of her victory animations, and make all the other characters fall asleep in the process in the background instead of clapping when that one victory animation of hers appears! They all should already have sleeping animations anyway. As for other Pokémon, Pikachu can stick with what he has; it IS the iconic theme song of Pokémon after all, and Pikachu is the iconic mascot of the series, so it fits. For others, perhaps one of them can use the jingle that plays after a Pokémon is done evolving. Such as in this video (at around 0:25, but more extended):

I just can't really think of a Pokémon with a viable chance of being playable that this jingle would fit with though, except Pikachu and Jigglypuff themselves, but they already have better examples, and both Lucario and Mewtwo don't really seem fitting for that theme. Maybe Pichu or Meowth, should either one of those become playable (which I'm not really expecting, but they seem like SOMEWHAT viable choices). I think Pokémon Trainer's could be a remix of either the start or ending of the Pokémon Red/Blue Credits theme:

Now I know I said each series mascot can keep what they have now, but as a Yoshi fan I am a little disappointed they kept using the Yoshi's Story fanfare up to this point. I'd personally love for it to be changed to either a part of the Yoshi's Island ending (8:45 at the first video below) or part of the Flower Garden theme from the same game (at 0:10 on the second video below).

Either that, or a part of the Yoshi's Island title theme; either the original or DS one. Or they could pull something from Yoshi's New Island.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I think the Yoshi victory theme represents him too well to change it.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
This should be what they're like - instead of just a short jingle, they should extend to loop for the a while on the results screen :3

JeanLucAwesome

Smash Rookie
NNID
JeanLuc Awesome
3DS FC
5026-5644-5277
If it wasn't for the whole being short thing, like if they all had a theme that kept playing until you leave the screen..
Then I would say Mega Man 3's Weapon Get.

Skip to 0:30

But yeah, Mega Man 2's Boss Select done like you hear in the trailer is cool too.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Mario should stay the same
For Bowser I wanna see the music for World Bowser in Super Mario 3D World, it's so jazzy and strangely fits him
0:00-0:12 ( shortened to around 8-9 secs)
And for Luigi I wanna see the dual scream ringtone from Luigi's Mansion 2
0:00-0:06
I don't know about peach maybe something from Super Princess Peach like the main theme
0:00-0:8.5
or the stage clear theme
And for Rosalina how about the first few seconds of Good Egg Galaxy it was the song in her trailer after all
Or maybe the power star get theme

Last edited:

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Everyone keeps referencing Super Princess Peach for songs for Peach's individual victory, but I think the Ending theme from Super Mario Bros 1 remixed would be iconic and more recognizable as it is often played in scenes involving Princess Peach. It's pretty much her theme song by now.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Everyone keeps referencing Super Princess Peach for songs for Peach's individual victory, but I think the Ending theme from Super Mario Bros 1 remixed would be iconic and more recognizable as it is often played in scenes involving Princess Peach. It's pretty much her theme song by now.

Don't we want to represent her as her own character and not just something that needs to be saved, Super princess peach was her one time in the spotlight why not reference it in her victory theme since we're definitely not getting perry

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I wouldn't consider Super Princess Peach as an ideal role model game. It's riddled with terrible female stereotypes.
The song is played in lots of scenes where Peach is introduced, whether it is after just being saved or she just walks into the room. More people will associate that song better with Peach, than an obscure spin-off.

Pittoo

Smash Rookie
While I don't necessarily think it needs to be changed, I think if Pit's were to be changed in Smash 4, this may be one of the better choices:

I say this because it's a track from Pit's latest game and it's a victory theme, so I think it would fit well. That being said, his current victory theme in Brawl is more recognizable as a Kid Icarus song, so it's probably not going to be changed.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
While I don't necessarily think it needs to be changed, I think if Pit's were to be changed in Smash 4, this may be one of the better choices:

I say this because it's a track from Pit's latest game and it's a victory theme, so I think it would fit well. That being said, his current victory theme in Brawl is more recognizable as a Kid Icarus song, so it's probably not going to be changed.
Maybe that could be palutena's

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I wouldn't consider Super Princess Peach as an ideal role model game. It's riddled with terrible female stereotypes.
The song is played in lots of scenes where Peach is introduced, whether it is after just being saved or she just walks into the room. More people will associate that song better with Peach, than an obscure spin-off.
Hahahaha, it's so funny when people think Super Princess Peach is misogynistic even though it's explained why she has mood swings on the game.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Since Lucario was just revealed what do you think his victory theme could be? Something from 4th gen maybe? or maybe something to do with korrina, that gym leader that had 2 lucarios and gave you the mega ring as well as a lucario in X and Y?

EDIT: All of my yes goes to this
0:00-0:14
(Obviously shortened)

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Well he got a Mega Evolution in this game. And it is the most recent.
I guess but I think something from 4th gen or something related to korrina would make a lot more sense since thats the game he's from and she gave you the mega ring

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I think I remember reading somewhere that Sakurai intended to give EVERYONE their own unique victory theme, akin to Meta Knight, but ended up just leaving it with Meta Knight.

I would imagine that it'll be a feature this time around. I certainly hope it is. Playing Link and Mario's themes is just disgraceful on characters like Ganon and Bowser, and if Ridley and K. Rool get in, it'd be the same way.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Now that we have Diddy Kong, what would make a good victory theme for him?

If Dixie makes it in, I hope to hear this one:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord

You telling me you've never played Thousand Year Door, son?
Not much and that was a while ago, I need to get to that eventually

Also do you know which version of ganondorfs theme that is

Also anyone got any ideas for a Charizard theme, Greninja's should be his trailer music

Last edited:

TheLegendOfVenusaur

Smash Apprentice
Do you think each character will get a unique victory theme and do you have any ideas for what they would be?
This is what I have so far:
Megaman: Level intro from the original series. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pOdopikccQk
Rosalina: the song that plays when you get a grand star in smg http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wI-EJ1FmVeA
Greninja: Pokemon X and Y Champion Victory Theme (first 11 seconds) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMpVagmfOu8
King Dedede: start of his theme. (First 14 seconds) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZEV84o_E7U
Zelda: first 12 seconds to Zelda's lullaby. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_qPtuOfQbyI
Diddy Kong: first 12 seconds to... this http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zIH3Vvq6NWc
Jigglypuff (if it returns and YES I had to use this video.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4GdGSnhr_c
If you guys can think of anymore, particularlly newcomers. Be sure to share. I will also accept them for unannounced veterans and newcomers. (Like Ganondorf and Isaac for example.)

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I definitely think that each character should get their own, but I personally don't really know which ones to suggest. That's a good list there though.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Bowser needs some badass DEATHHH METALLL. Or play his final theme in SM64.

Stueyman2099

Smash Cadet
Last edited:
Top Bottom