• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victory Theme Discussion

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I created this thread to discuss what some possible victory themes are for the characters in Smash Bros 4.
I love the victory themes in Smash, so I am excited to see what some newcomers and even some returning vets (who might get the Meta Knight treatment) will have playing when they win.
Just a few things before the discussion starts, maybe a few conversation starters, you know.
I want the Mother victory fanfare back from Melee. Same with F-Zero.
I think Kirby's Melee victory theme fits Dedede very well.
I would be happy to see everyone get a unique fanfare.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I created this thread to discuss what some possible victory themes are for the characters in Smash Bros 4.
I love the victory themes in Smash, so I am excited to see what some newcomers and even some returning vets (who might get the Meta Knight treatment) will have playing when they win.
Just a few things before the discussion starts, maybe a few conversation starters, you know.
I want the Mother victory fanfare back from Melee. Same with F-Zero.
I think Kirby's Melee victory theme fits Dedede very well.
I would be happy to see everyone get a unique fanfare.
They will most likely be the same, just remixed.

Like Brawl victory themes were for melee. :)

D

Deleted member

I agree that Mother's should be that Eight Melodies piece from 64/Melee. One would say that it doesn't fit Lucas since it was from Earthbound, but Mother 3's 16 Melodies includes EB's Eight Melodies in the mix.

F-Zero's should stay as it is. But it should be more dynamic like the theme's origin:

As for other characters in the same series, I feel that like Meta Knight, they should have their own remix of the series' victory theme.
Except for villainous characters; they should have their own. Bowser and Ganondorf come to mind as ones that need a theme that suits them for example.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
As for other characters in the same series, I feel that like Meta Knight, they should have their own remix of the series' victory theme.
Except for villainous characters; they should have their own. Bowser and Ganondorf come to mind as ones that need a theme that suits them for example.
I think it would be better if each character were to just have their own unique theme, but only characters like Luigi and Falco who are very similar to their predecessor would have variations of other themes.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think it would be better if each character were to just have their own unique theme, but only characters like Luigi and Falco who are very similar to their predecessor would have variations of other themes.
Well Luigi can easily have something from Luigi's Mansion.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I agree that Mother's should be that Eight Melodies piece from 64/Melee. One would say that it doesn't fit Lucas since it was from Earthbound, but Mother 3's 16 Melodies includes EB's Eight Melodies in the mix.

F-Zero's should stay as it is. But it should be more dynamic like the theme's origin:

I agree that Mother should go back to what it used to have. F-Zero, I'd be okay with either, but I like your suggestion a lot.
I would like characters like Luigi and Peach to have different fanfares though, not just remixes. They've done enough to have a separate theme that suits them very well.
I completely agree with the villains too.

chaoswafflez04

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazingBlaziken4
Megaman should have a remix of the stage clear song from Megaman 2.
Luigi's Mansion theme remix of sorts definately for Luigi.
The song that plays when you get a badge in Pokémon is perfect for Pokémon Trainer, or maybe the song for when you beat another trainer.
Wolf could have the intro of the Star Wolf theme, the Brawl version or a remix.
Sonic should have the Act Clear theme from Generations or Lost World.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I think we've already heard Mega Man's. The jingle that plays after he reveals himself just screams victory.

Villager has a lot of choose from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25S_PpIRXLc - The melody that kicks in around 10 seconds. It's such a peppy tune, so it would make a great victory jingle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ6eGtsgbfM - Who can't deny the awesomeness of this piano? And they used it in the trailer.
The "item found" jingle when you dig up an item. I can't find it anywhere, but it would make a great victory theme.

For the Wii Fit Trainer, I think it's safe to say they'll probably end up using this, just a lot more upbeat. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv_lnzmzGYg&list=PLXlUjf505SNcYdgOYWGMoS7vpG0MSv-lv

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Never liked how the Pokémon characters just got a generic snippet from the overused Pokémon main theme. One of the "battle victory" jingles would make much more sense, in my opinion.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
This for Mega Man. It's already remixed and it was used in his trailer. (And it's a better victory theme then the actual victory theme)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Dual Scream for Luigi, because ITS TOO FREAKING PERFECT FOR IT!

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Marth and the Fire Emblem crew should get a shorter version of this.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I know most people prefer 64/Melee Mother Series fanfare, but that only goes well for Ness, since Lucas didnt appears in Earthbound, also i think one of the reasons many people prefer the first its because its a beautiful orchestrated arrangement, while Brawl Mother series fanfare was done with a synthesizer, so imagine Brawl's but orchestrated and i know itll sound pretty epic.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
My ideas of victory themes for possible newcomers:

Little Mac (from 0:09 to 0:15)

Pac-Man (from 0:21 to 0:24)

Dixie Kong (from 0:18 to 0:21)

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Starts at 0:10 Mega Man
Until 0:13 Villager
Until 0:10 Wii Fit
0:14 - 0:30 Zelda Series
Shortened version for Pokemon.
0:12 - 0:20

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
This for Mega Man. It's already remixed and it was used in his trailer. (And it's a better victory theme then the actual victory theme)

While that song is more iconic, I personally preferred the Megman3 variant.

LF2K

Floor Diver
If Little Mac makes it in, there's no doubt this will be his victory theme (At least, a rock version)

And if Takamaru is in, I'd imagine a traditional Japanese style remix of this song would be his victory theme.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
So what are all of your opinions on victory music?
Obviously each character needs a tune. Give me your predictions and thoughts!

Do veterans need new tunes? Or should they stay the same?
What will the newcomers have?

Edit: This thread was merged! That's why this is out of place!

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I would like to see veterans have a new victory theme, it is just something small that will help diversify this game from Brawl. I have no idea about the ideal music though, it doesn't matter to me to be perfectly honest. I preferred Melee's victory themes to Brawl's as I can remember them better... which is just sad as I have been playing Brawl religiously for the past few months.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
It would be nice if characters from the same universe had their own different tunes, or nuances on the tune that would be used for the universal song for them. Like Mario winning would be the normal winning music like in Melee, but Rosalina's could be a violin arrangement or something of the same song

Morbi

Scavenger
It would be nice if characters from the same universe had their own different tunes, or nuances on the tune that would be used for the universal song for them. Like Mario winning would be the normal winning music like in Melee, but Rosalina's could be a violin arrangement or something of the same song
I actually like this idea, a lot. It helps make the series cohesive while giving each character their personal interpretation of the song.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
If a character is known for one game over others, their tune should reflect that game. Hearing the same one gets a bit boring =P

Morbi

Scavenger
If a character is known for one game over others, their tune should reflect that game. Hearing the same one gets a bit boring =P
I feel as though it will all be negligible half a year down the road. Even if every character had a unique theme, it isn't like it is going to really incite any interest once you have heard each one two or three times. I would honestly rather have each characters theme have a personality that differs from the next. It is harder to achieve that effect when all themes are different (unless they are extremely ranged and diverse with subtle differences to their overall composition).

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Sometimes I have good ideas haha.

On a side note, I much prefer Melee's victory music over Brawl's, but I feel like a lot of Melee's music was based off of more real instruments for the most part. I mean Brawl's music is great too, I'm listening to the main them now and that's definitely real but Melee's constant use of orchestration , especially in victory music, made the feeling of winning more triumphant. This is more of a personal opinion more than anything, I'm very partial to orchestrated music

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Yeah. For example, Mario should have the sam one, Luigi should have something from Luigi's Mansion, Peach should have something from Super Princess Peach, Bowser should have something based on his theme from Super Mario 64 and Rosalina should have something from Super Mario Galaxy. I think the first 3 seconds from Gusty Garden fit well enough for Rosalina's victory:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
This is like the third thread for this.
I made one, then another guy, and now this.
Please mods, merge them or something.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Ness should have the Melee victory theme and Lucas a new version of the Brawl one.
A remix of Ness' melee victory theme, and the ending melody to MOTHER 3 LOVE THEME for Lucas, imo.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I just want the DKC theme to sounds more like this:
than this:

Brawls sounds like a Pokemon theme.

Top Bottom