• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victory Theme Discussion

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
My ideas of victory themes for possible newcomers:

Little Mac (from 0:09 to 0:15)

Pac-Man (from 0:21 to 0:24)

Dixie Kong (from 0:18 to 0:21)

For Pac-man i'm torn between these 2 themes (go to 3:53)

I mean technically that is the victory theme, but the other theme is iconic and distinguishable.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
This is like the third thread for this.
I made one, then another guy, and now this.
Please mods, merge them or something.
Sorry, I tried to search for some but I couldn't find one. A merge would be good.
Yeah. For example, Mario should have the sam one, Luigi should have something from Luigi's Mansion, Peach should have something from Super Princess Peach, Bowser should have something based on his theme from Super Mario 64 and Rosalina should have something from Super Mario Galaxy. I think the first 3 seconds from Gusty Garden fit well enough for Rosalina's victory:

Rosalina should have something from the comet observatory song.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Brawls sounds like a Pokemon theme.
I don't really see what's wrong with Brawl's...it's just the Bonus Clear fanfare from DKC orchestrated.
I think we should have the ability to choose between various franchise-related themes for each character...because...come on, dat' Sonic Unleashed Victory Theme:
Until 0:05

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Why thank you.

It would be cool if there were like hidden retro themes or something, but for the appropriate characters. Characters that don't go as far back as the 80's could have either some music from their native game (Like N64 or SNES sound engines) or simply an alternate remix of their main song (assuming each character has one>

Maha Ishaq

Smash Cadet
Listening to that victory theme reminded me that nobody ever managed to find Totaka's Song in Brawl. I wonder if it'll show up somewhere now that the Villager is playable.

LadPrime

Smash Rookie
I hope the themes are closer to those in Melee, in that they use an orchestra for most of them. Compare the Melee and Brawl victory themes, and the Melee set's clearly of a higher quality.

Ascended

Smash Ace
Here's what I would like to see:
Mario: Super Mario Bros stage clear.
Luigi: Dual Scream jingle.
Peach: Super Princess Peach Stage Clear
Bowser: That jingle that plays in SM64 when you get a message from Bowser.
Rosalina: Super Mario Galaxy title.

Donkey Kong: Bonus Stage clear from DKCR
Diddy Kong: DKC2 title
Dixie Kong: DKC3 title
K. Rool: Snippet of his boss music from DKC.

Link: Triforce piece acquired from TLOZ.
Zelda: That little fanfare that plays right before Zelda's Lullaby when you meet her in A Link to the Past.
Sheik: The first few seconds of her theme.
Ganondorf: The end part of his theme, like what pizzadudeman put.
Toon Link: Same as pizzadudeman's pick.
Tetra: Same as pizzadudeman.

Samus: Samus appears fanfare from Metroid Prime.
ZSS: Item acquired jingle.
Ridley: Part of his theme/battle music.

Yoshi: What he currently has.

Kirby: No change.
Meta Knight: No change.
King DeDeDe: Part of his theme.

Fox: No change.
Falco: The first 7 seconds of his theme from Star Fox Command: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouwmgXm1jpA (Starts at 5 second mark.)
Wolf: Part of his theme
Krystal: A remix of this piece, from the 10 to 20 second mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdmsXNOvRTI

Pikachu: The trainer victory music from Red & Blue.
Pokemon Trainer: Badge Get from FireRed & LeafGreen
Jigglypuff: Jigglypuff's song.
Mewtwo: Some part from the music that plays when you fight him in Pokemon X & Y.
Lucario: Keep his Brawl music.

Captain Falcon: I would LOVE a snippet from the Meaning of Truth, so that.

Ness: Melee victory.
Lucas: Brawl victory.

Marth: Snippet of the FE Main Theme.
Ike: Snippet of With Us (the Path of Radiance recruitment theme.)
Chrom: Snippet of the Awakening recruitment theme.

Ice Climbers: No change.

Mr. Game & Watch: No change.

Wario: No change.

Pit: No change.
Palutena: A snippet of the Uprising single player menu music.

Olimar: No change.

Villager: Snippet of the Animal Crossing GCN title theme.

Wii Fit Trainer: Snippet of the Yoga music.

Little Mac: Either the match victory music, or the TITLE BOUT jingle from NES Punch-Out. (Really don't think he should have a snippet of the Punch-Out theme, since there's plenty of great songs that can be used for his victory theme already.)

Isaac: Golden Sun victory music.

Takamaru: Mysterious Murasame Castle victory music.

Dillon: Raid clear music from DRW.

Wonder Red: The part of The Wonderful 101 main theme before the lyrics start.

Snake: No change.
Sonic: Sonic Generations' stage clear.
Mega Man: I think he should have the jingle that plays when he beats a boss, since that even appeared in Marvel VS Capcom for his victory music, but he'll most likely have the boss selected jingle.
Pac-Man: Stage start music.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I hope the themes are closer to those in Melee, in that they use an orchestra for most of them. Compare the Melee and Brawl victory themes, and the Melee set's clearly of a higher quality.
I would rather each victory theme sound more representative of the character and/or franchise it comes from, rather than have them all orchestral. For example, The Ice Climbers theme should sound a little more "wintery" than it does in Melee (and Brawl), with sleigh bells and maybe violin. Captain Falcon's theme should sound techno-metal or whatever genre F-Zero music is. Kirby and Yoshi's themes should sound more like their 64 versions.

These are just examples. But the same thinking should apply to all characters.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
I personally think Rosalina's vic theme should be the theme that plays when you get a grand star in the galaxy games

Ascended

Smash Ace
Dang it Peacock!, now I have to listen to the whole thing...

*Move along folks, nothing to see here.*

Last edited by a moderator:

JediLink

Smash Ace
Mega Man's victory theme should absolutely be nothing other than his actual victory theme.

Giving him something that's not his victory theme when he already has a perfectly fine victory theme is just silly.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Mega Man's victory theme should absolutely be nothing than his actual victory theme.

Giving him not his victory theme as a victory theme when he has an actual victory theme is just silly.
Snake had his gameover theme as his victory theme. Plus the boss select song sounds better then any of the actual victory themes.

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
Snake had his gameover theme as his victory theme. Plus the boss select song sounds better then any of the actual victory themes.
Snake had a song that was used for victory and game over, and the boss select song is nice but it doesn't fit that context and it's not really better than the victory theme either, that's a matter of opinion.

Ascended

Smash Ace
Again, Mega Man's victory theme was used whenever he won in Marvel VS Capcom. (It might even be used when he wins in Street Fighter X Tekken, but that I'm not so sure about, so don't quote me on that.)
If Mega Man doesn't have his actual victory theme, my 10/10 approval of him will go down to a 9/10 approval.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Again, Mega Man's victory theme was used whenever he won in Marvel VS Capcom. (It might even be used when he wins in Street Fighter X Tekken, but that I'm not so sure about, so don't quote me on that.)
If Mega Man doesn't have his actual victory theme, my 10/10 approval of him will go down to a 9/10 approval.
Megaman should have the Intro fanfare from Megaman 2's stages for the same reason that Snake had the Game Over theme, it's the most recognizable jingle from the series and represents the character pretty well.

JediLink

Smash Ace
Megaman should have the Intro fanfare from Megaman 2's stages for the same reason that Snake had the Game Over theme, it's the most recognizable jingle from the series and represents the character pretty well.
Oh, so should Captain Falcon just have a riff from Mute City as his victory theme? It's much more recognisable than the victory theme from F-Zero GX, so it makes more sense right? No. That's dumb. Victory themes should be victory themes.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh, so should Captain Falcon just have a riff from Mute City as his victory theme? It's much more recognisable than the victory theme from F-Zero GX, so it makes more sense right? No. That's dumb. Victory themes should be victory themes.
Then explain the Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Mother, R.O.B, Game & Watch, Kid Icarus, Pikmin, Starfox, Wario and Metal Gear victory themes.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Actually, a riff from Mute City would be an awesome victory theme for him.

JediLink

Smash Ace
Then explain the Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Mother, R.O.B, Game & Watch, Kid Icarus, Pikmin, Starfox, Wario and Metal Gear victory themes.
First of all, Metal Gear's victory theme may be the game over theme, but it's also used when clearing a VR mission, so it's just as much a victory theme too.
  • Pokemon, Mother, Star Fox, and Pikmin do have victory themes in their own games, but they're not easily jingle-ified and wouldn't have worked very well, so they had to resort to something else.
  • R.O.B and Kid Icarus don't really have victory themes to begin with.
  • Wario and G&W have fairly little to work with so they did something original.
  • Not sure about Fire Emblem, never played.
The characters above (besides Snake) all had to have a less-than-ideal victory jingle simply because they didn't have an ideal one to use. Mega Man doesn't have that problem. Mega Man is in the same camp as Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Ice Climbers, F-Zero, Metal Gear and Sonic, where he does have a good victory jingle. Just like how Mario has his level clear jingle, and Kirby has his level clear jingle, and Sonic has his level clear jingle, Mega Man also has his own level clear jingle, and it's this:

It's pretty clear that they wanted to use an actual victory jingle wherever they could (which I think makes the most sense) and only didn't when there wasn't a good one to use. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't continue that.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Need i bring up that the BOSS SELECT theme is already remixed and in the Mega Man trailer. That makes it a lot more likely of a choice. Thats part of the reason why people think it's going to be Mega Man's victory jingle.

JediLink

Smash Ace
Need i bring up that the BOSS SELECT theme is already remixed and in the Mega Man trailer.
The boss select made the most sense in that context for hopefully obvious reasons:

That theme is for before going into battle. The victory jingle is for after. They're totally different, and one should not be used as a substitute for the other.

The fact that the boss select jingle is already remixed is irrelevant. It's not like they're going to save any time by reusing it. Mega Man's victory jingle is only 10 notes long and would take minimal effort to remix.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
The boss select made the most sense in that context for hopefully obvious reasons:

That theme is for before going into battle. The victory jingle is for after. They're totally different, and one should not be used as a substitute for the other.

The fact that the boss select jingle is already remixed is irrelevant. It's not like they're going to save any time by reusing it. Mega Man's victory jingle is only 10 notes long and would take minimal effort to remix.
And why add a new ten note song when you already have one prepared that sounds more like a victory theme then the actual victory themes?

C3CC

Smash Lord
Since I don't think the standard Mario Universe Victory Theme fits Rosalina, I think she should have her own, which should be this one:

Edit: Oh snap, someone said it already :(

JediLink

Smash Ace
And why add a new ten note song when you already have one prepared that sounds more like a victory theme then the actual victory themes?
It really doesn't sound like a victory theme. Now, I don't know much about music theory so I can't properly explain what I mean, but the last note of the boss select theme sounds like it's unfinished, like it's leading into something. One the other hand, the last note of the victory jingle sounds more conclusive, like that's the end.

Also:
The characters above (besides Snake) all had to have a less-than-ideal victory jingle simply because they didn't have an ideal one to use. Mega Man doesn't have that problem. Mega Man is in the same camp as Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Ice Climbers, F-Zero, Metal Gear and Sonic, where he does have a good victory jingle. Just like how Mario has his level clear jingle, and Kirby has his level clear jingle, and Sonic has his level clear jingle, Mega Man also has his own level clear jingle, and it's this:

It's pretty clear that they wanted to use an actual victory jingle wherever they could (which I think makes the most sense) and only didn't when there wasn't a good one to use. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't continue that.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Since I don't think the standard Mario Universe Victory Theme fits Rosalina, I think she should have her own, which should be this one:

Edit: Oh snap, someone said it already :(
Why is it the Grand Star though? The Power Star is just as nice, and its not too much. Its the simple victory theme that would fit well.

Meis

Smash Cadet
Actually it is seven seconds long... eight maybe. Same as Link's (and Zelda's, Ganon's and Toon Link's) victory theme.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Yes, that would fit her too, but I think it's too short =/
I think shortness is what were aiming for. We basically already know the results of the match, so we want to get back to the character selection screen. A small song is all thats necessary.

Top Bottom