• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dekar, what I meant was.

Wtf, Mat didn't tell me he was going to Melbourne!

Which makes sense if you were him.

I'm really just complaining that I never hear of these things before they happen.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Mark my address is 23 Racecourse rd. noble park, VIC 3174. from 3pm to 7pm. If u wanna come with train, the closest train station is Sandown station. Just gimme a call about 10 minutes before you arrive at the station

freddo

Smash Journeyman
Sup dudes. Oni and I will be playing at N2C tomorrow (Saturday 12th) from 12 midday onwards. Feel free to join us.

Forget it. I don't know what to do. No use going to N2C if it's just gonna be me and Oni. Oni is coming to my house, if you want to come then let me know.

lol

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Me and Redact were gonna go, but since you two aren't coming, I guess we might as well come later?

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Its quite simple everyone

all you have to do is come along

dont worry if other people will come, just worry about getting there

If you do this, then when you arrive and notice that other people are there, it is a pleasant surprise

and anyway, i will be there, so it really doesnt matter if anyone else is coming. Im far more awesome than anyone else who could possibly show up.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Sup dudes. Oni and I will be playing at N2C tomorrow (Saturday 12th) from 12 midday onwards. Feel free to join us.

Forget it. I don't know what to do. No use going to N2C if it's just gonna be me and Oni. Oni is coming to my house, if you want to come then let me know.

lol
Freddo, do go there, Cubed is here from WA, and you didn't come to see him last saturday, so why not go see him there, and that would mean more people for you to play smash with. It all starts with one person deciding on going. I can't cos i've got funding restrictions. :'(

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
something happened with mikuls job so nu funding :/
also cubed or whoever else reads this there was some "invite only" meet at cobalts, i dont know why but these guys cant move plans to go to n2c to see a WA guy, oh shaz/another guy or two lacks funds? how about asking me, i dont mind shouting so you can see someone who has come all the way from WA
even if he organized the meet weeks back or such, or he is having his house open for the first time, something like this can come again at some point, or else your somehow telling me that cubed is just going to rock back to melb soon enough?

he asks you to go
you respond with a "im doing something else" but its another smash meet, and half of you didnt even respond or something, maybe you guys could have let him know it clashed with another smash meet maybe? so you wouldn't quite **** up his plans or such, i dunno i would have done that
either have fun at whatever you go to, if you go to anything

i dont give a crap that im not invited, im just suprised that you guys can ditch a guy like that

PS: i guess ill see cubed and the other guys at n2c

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
something happened with mikuls job so nu funding :/
also cubed or whoever else reads this there was some "invite only" meet at cobalts, i dont know why but these guys cant move plans to go to n2c to see a WA guy, oh shaz/another guy or two lacks funds? how about asking me, i dont mind shouting so you can see someone who has come all the way from WA
even if he organized the meet weeks back or such, or he is having his house open for the first time, something like this can come again at some point, or else your somehow telling me that cubed is just going to rock back to melb soon enough?

he asks you to go
you respond with a "im doing something else" but its another smash meet, and half of you didnt even respond or something, maybe you guys could have let him know it clashed with another smash meet maybe? so you wouldn't quite **** up his plans or such, i dunno i would have done that
either have fun at whatever you go to, if you go to anything

i dont give a crap that im not invited, im just suprised that you guys can ditch a guy like that

PS: i guess ill see cubed and the other guys at n2c
Redact you should keep your nose out of things you dont have any grasp of. Firstly - the idea of you sitting there flaming us is laughable. If you want to know, Mat didn't come here FOR us, so don't even think about guilting us with that garbage. Cobalt invited a few of us to his place before this was organised, and we agreed to come. Naturally once someone goes out of their way to prepare for your company with their time, effort and money it's a little harsh to go bailing at the last moment for something else. I spoke to Mat, and I let him know that I was willing and able to catch up on either the friday night, or the sunday afternoon. He planned the meet for the saturday - and so I imagine he would totally understand I wouldn't be there.
I've known Mat for many years now. Granted I may not speak to him often, but I consider him a friend. If there's something he would like to say to me I think he's more than capable of doing so on his own...you're only lowering peoples opinions of you by arching up.
Additionally, Ill mention that unlike you, David and myself are professional players at smash. Meaning playing it isn't just a pass-time but contributes to our livelihood. We are using the weeks leading up to the tournament in Adelaide to better prepare. If you're unhappy about the "invite only" not including everyone, then I'm sorry but thats the way the cookie crumbled.
Lastly, thanks for making the offer to help people out with monetary issues they may have. Its a good thing of you to offer.
Think carefully before you make leaps like your prior post.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Lol sorry to Plasia I didn't know it was your birthday as well or I would of done this: Happy Birthday Plucky Plasia.

Plus I only rememberd Cao's and Shaz's birthdays because MySpace said so :chuckle: .

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
*redact post*
sorry about the flame shaz
didnt mean to come out like that but the way cao told me things, it didnt seem like you guys had a valid reason, he was pulling out john after john, maybe unblock me on msn and i wouldnt have such an uninformed view
im just suprised that no one proposed the option of "since he wants it today, why dont we all go there including cobalt?" but im probably sure someone proposed that and ends couldnt meet
also im trying to make myself somewhat pro at smash, i may suck now but im trying day after day to get better
i watch vid after vid of other players
i play day after day to attempt to improve, im sorry i may suck *** but im trying? :p
either way i didnt mean it as a harsh post, more of a like "wtf is happening?" thing
hope you guys had fun? i did

edit - Forte: OMFG HE USED MY ACCOUNT TO POST ...

freddo

Smash Journeyman
edit - Forte: OMFG HE USED MY ACCOUNT TO POST ...
haha

Redact, Cobalt couldn't make it to N2C for personal reasons. His house couldn't facilitate more than he invited as well. I'm really dying to play smash with you guys now. I've gone back on my word so many times and I have to apologise to anyone I've disappointed. So I'd like to organise a smash meet in advance since we haven't done this for ages. I'm proposing that next Saturday 19th or Friday 18th (depending on people's availability) we meet at N2C (or a house if someone offers) to play.

Whaddyareckon?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
redact gets tool of the week for relying on second hand information from the likes of CAOTIQUE, who is widely known to be the most wrong person ever.

the city was so happy yesterday, it was marvellous

i am willing to host a smashfest on saturday the 19th in my garage room - i will only take in 4 people, unless a person brings a tv, i will bump it up to 6 people - if anyone has objections or alternatives, speak up or else i'll settle with this

_X_

Smash Lord
Redact you should keep your nose out of things you dont have any grasp of. Firstly - the idea of you sitting there flaming us is laughable. If you want to know, Mat didn't come here FOR us, so don't even think about guilting us with that garbage. Cobalt invited a few of us to his place before this was organised, and we agreed to come. Naturally once someone goes out of their way to prepare for your company with their time, effort and money it's a little harsh to go bailing at the last moment for something else. I spoke to Mat, and I let him know that I was willing and able to catch up on either the friday night, or the sunday afternoon. He planned the meet for the saturday - and so I imagine he would totally understand I wouldn't be there.
I've known Mat for many years now. Granted I may not speak to him often, but I consider him a friend. If there's something he would like to say to me I think he's more than capable of doing so on his own...you're only lowering peoples opinions of you by arching up.
Additionally, Ill mention that unlike you, David and myself are professional players at smash. Meaning playing it isn't just a pass-time but contributes to our livelihood. We are using the weeks leading up to the tournament in Adelaide to better prepare. If you're unhappy about the "invite only" not including everyone, then I'm sorry but thats the way the cookie crumbled.
Lastly, thanks for making the offer to help people out with monetary issues they may have. Its a good thing of you to offer.
Think carefully before you make leaps like your prior post.
I just read this whole stupid thing.

The first thing I'd like to say is, how could you take Redact's post as Flaming? You have clearly never been made fun of. He was asking questions because no one told him what was going on and even so, he made a pretty ****ing good point. Why couldn't you "Professionals" hold your little Smash make out sessions to meet with someone, who you just called a friend, who has come all the way down here form WA? Seems pretty **** reasonable to me.

I also could needed to point out the "Professional" thing again, I could help but laugh. How can you make a living off Super Smash Brothers? I think Pro', although being the same word, has less serious connotations than 'PROFESSIONAL'

"you're only lowering peoples opinions of you by arching up." This also made me laugh, please do not speak for the rest of us.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
i will be there, so it really doesnt matter if anyone else is coming. Im far more awesome than anyone else who could possibly show up.
Case closed.

If you want to discuss this properly with someone, take it to PM or MSN, face to face or whatever. Not here. If the unproductive bickering continues, I'll reel Mic in here to kick all your *****. Now let's leave this all behind us and have make up sex, or a preferred equivalent.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
forte expressed interest for hosting at his house next weekend, yet we just need to know if fri or sat is better for most people, personally either is good for me, and it seems so too for freddo with the way his post is

pls post and say when you want to smash

but i think we just need to let this mess pass, the weekend is at and end plus theres nothing that can be done now to fix it up.
though imo shaz, you need to be a little less arrogant, and just eveyrone in general, not just me (shaz and mebe X) needs to stop acting like they know everything.
im sorry if i do offend you, but even if i may suck compared to you shaz, i consider smash just as much a part of my life as anyone else's here, so dont talk like your the only true smasher here

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Redact is truly a Smash Journeyman as much as I am Smash Awesome.

forte's sounds great, i'll let him do the honours of posting his meet.

STAY TUNED

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Redact, thanks for saying what you did on Forte's name (lol). I appreciate that you're aiming to get better at smash. I'm more than willing to help any and everyone get to a better level at this game - so don't be scared to approach me about it. As for thinking I'm the only true smasher lol it's not the case- if anything judging myself on the fact that I rarely bother to try and rarely practise I think I'm the opposite if anything xD.

_X_ Everything you said wasn't at all necessary. There was nothing inviting you to defend yourself or attack others, so doing so was IMO a bad decision on your part. Heck everyone makes them though, so I'm not planning on holding it against you. I'll answer the questions you posed though.
"Why couldn't you "Professionals" hold your little Smash make out sessions to meet with someone, who you just called a friend, who has come all the way down here form WA? Seems pretty **** reasonable to me."
He was here to see his girlfriends family, and only suggested we meet up if there was a chance - as I mentioned I stated when I was free and it didn't happen. No love lost. It wasn't a make-out session - this comment wasn't necessary.
"I also could needed to point out the "Professional" thing again, I could help but laugh. How can you make a living off Super Smash Brothers? I think Pro', although being the same word, has less serious connotations than 'PROFESSIONAL'"
In the United States KO and I earned a position in the MLG professional league for teams. Were we to return to an MLG event we'd be sponsored, and seeded for the team tournament. This plus the fact we do use smash winnings to add towards paying the many expenses of everyday life plus travel using winnings between tournaments I feel does constitute professional status.
""you're only lowering peoples opinions of you by arching up." This also made me laugh, please do not speak for the rest of us."
I was speaking for the group of people I was with at the time who were of the same opinion as I was. You were not mentioned or intended as a part of 'peoples'. I'm glad it brought a smile to your face however xD.

Strider69

Smash Cadet
I don't know about an N2C meet, I might be able to make it on either day, if I'm allowed. I'd rather a garage or something as suggested. Id have a bit more chance of actually going. XD

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Couch Warriors News for 2008

Loki said:
Hi guys and gals!

Hope you all had a good holiday, please excuse my absence from the forums over the break, I've been taking a bit of a mental break from Couch Warriors, to let my ideas settle for a while.

Ok, so to get this year rolling, we'll be holding an Annual General Meeting, the most important business of which will be electing a committee for the first time, to help the community and these events grow over 2008.
We'll vote for candidates, and will fill roles on a fairly casual basis, with alot of flexibility. The important bit is getting the right people involved.

Tentatively date and venue:
2PM, Sunday the 27th of January
At Union Hall, Melbourne University

But we'll let you know if these details change.

These are the roles we are expecting to fill:
- President
(handles the direction of the group, oversees the other roles and steers their efforts, can also contact other groups to be involved and assist in most other roles)
- Treasurer
(keeping track of our finances, spending and budget)
- Secretary (can be combined with another role)
(preparing agendas, and documenting important stuff)
- Publicist (can be combined with another role)
(organising sponsors, contacting groups which might want to be involved, being a point of contact and generally looking at options for getting more people coming, including advertising)
- Quarter Master (can be combined with another role)
(Keeping track of equipment on the day of events, being mindful of things that are low on quantity, perhaps handle or oversee drinks, merchandise and anything else like that)

We are however up for suggestions for other roles, if you believe you have a skill you'd like to apply, or just an idea on a role you can fulfil then feel free.
Some examples: Webmaster, Art (posters, banners, cards etc...)

We'll also have plenty of general committee roles for people who would like to attend meetings and have a say on the direction of the club, but perhaps cannot fulfill a role due to numbers or other commitments.

Other roles (not-neccessarily committee)
- Helpers for events (on the day, selling drinks, doing a food run etc...)
- Ranbat organisers (running ranbats on the day and/or commentating)
- Other suggestions people may have as to how they can help

Other topics of discussion
- Venue
- Price
- Sponsorship
- Budget required for end-of-year/annual
- Working towards an annual event
- Open discussion of ideas for this year

Important Notes (based on previous planning):
- Committee meetings in the future if possible will be after console events, to make schedules easier, or even online
- There is obviously no event for January, and it's possible there will be no February event, due to the venue we generally use being unavailable.
- The venue currently is still La Trobe, Bundoora, but our current plan is to move to Melbourne Uni once we become profitable enough to cover costs
- We will now likely charge $5 per event, though this figure will be up for discussion. This is required to improve the event as we have reached the limit of charging almost nothing.
- There will be more chocolate prizes and so forth from now on, people seemed to like that.
- Medals and vouchers are coming very soon, and if not earlier hopefully will be available at the AGM, unfortunately companies close down hard over the holidays, and are a ***** to contact.

FINALLY
- There is too much stuff to write here, but I'll try to discuss everything that's going on this year in the AGM, so please try to make it, even to just have your say on the committee and the direction of the community.

Also, feel free to post your ideas, suggestions and comments here.
Any discussion that can help make the meeting more productive is great.
:):):):):)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
forte said that the meet is on at his house, from 12 till late on saturday, all are welcome
i dont know the exact address (and ive been there :/) but ill find out as soon as possible
he said more tvs/cubes are needed so please provide if possible
also he doesnt want to post because he wants to keep the rank of smash noob >_>

Moogleman

Smash Cadet
Yay smash!. I actualy picked up my controller yesterday for the first time in a few months and now need to play people lol. I most likely have a lot of catching up to do but feel that i should play people before i head out to perth later this month and then back to uni. I need to help my sister move on saturday but will keep posted for specific times and address.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
I'll try drive to forte's house and bring a few tvs. Which suburb is he in?

I hope whoever's on that CW committee can find out where my voucher went from the last tourney. Still haven't got it!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
SMASHFEST DETAILS
Choose a cookie! (No choc chip allowed)

Vince says:
Saturday 12pm - w/e time necessary
Address - 6 Riley Court, Glen Waverley
Transport - There's train station and bus station near the house

Eastern suburbs is becoming the jam

Anyone going to the Aus Open tomorrow?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
also just to let people know, theres a good ddr nearby his house <3 SOMEONE DDR WITH ME AT SOME POINT
ps: if someone gives me a ride to and from 4tei's house, i can bring an extra tv, halp pwease? :3

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
ok someone make some form of smash thing in feb, we need an unofficial monthly, if all fails, n2c meet on some weekend imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom