• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGD: Dr. Shrunk Says be Happy!!

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Throw it at an enemy then jump up and pocket it when it bounces off of them. Just like to keep it for a bit of extra chip (off the old block) damage.
Oh, extra damage is nice and fine, but I recommend keeping it around for edgeguards. I tend to run off ledge, throw it up, and go for a spike or something. If I miss, the wood could give me another shot while Im already down there and all haha

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Throw it at an enemy then jump up and pocket it when it bounces off of them. Just like to keep it for a bit of extra chip (off the old block) damage.
That's a cool idea I haven't thought of! But yeah I've been using the tree for edgeguarding a lot more, not so much for the tree itself but to set up tricky ledge situations for the opponent like Ranai likes to do. Speaking of Ranai, who's excited to see him at Genesis 3???

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Hello! I sorta found something, but I aint sure... but did this kill early or that's normal?
Could be rage, bad DI, I dunno, but I'm wondering if the bowling ball knockback increased by the sorta tumble/knockdown animation?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I don't think tumble animations adds to knockback, but that indeed was too stronk (unless rage is even dumber than I thought)
:196:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I don't think tumble animations adds to knockback, but that indeed was too stronk (unless rage is even dumber than I thought)
I was just wondering cause someone told me the farther the bowling ball drops, the more knockback it has, which is why platforms are so deadly? And off-stage edgeguards can kill at like 20%?
So I was wondering if the tumble animation tricked the game into making the bowling ball do extra or something hmm.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
So has anyone tried out Cloud? What does everyone think of his viability?

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Hey, dudez, quick villy question; I'm participating a smash 4 3ds tournament soon and I would like to know which stages in that version are considered in favor for/against villager (note: arena ferox and possibly tomodachi life are CPs in this tourney)
Yeah I know there's a stage discussion thread, but that things deader than disco

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Hey, dudez, quick villy question; I'm participating a smash 4 3ds tournament soon and I would like to know which stages in that version are considered in favor for/against villager (note: arena ferox and possibly tomodachi life are CPs in this tourney)
Yeah I know there's a stage discussion thread, but that things deader than disco
Um not sure cause I haven't played 3DS in a while. Arena ferox would likely be frustrating, I hated yoshi's island as villager, and tomadachi life might be alright. Battlefield all the way.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Yoshi's Island is nice if you stay at the lower parts of the ground, you can vary your slingshot heights and make the opponent very uncomfortable.
Also it has available all of your walljump tricks at any point.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
IMAG0806_1.jpg

Hey guys, I recently got a New 3DS XL and a brand new copy of ACNL (I lost my first copy) I made some path designs for my town WestStar! I need some axes to clear some trees, but I currently dont have access to one, so is it fine if someone can get me some axes? I'll give 1,000 bells for one, and 10,000 for a silver axe.

My 3DS code is 4785-8384-6533

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Does villager's side b have invincibility or something? I looked up his frame data and nothing anywhere implied it does, and it apparently starts up frame 52? Or is that when the hitbox appears?

Either way I've never seen a villager use side b in the same scenario as Ranai did against Zero's Sheik at this moment: http://www.twitch.tv/showdownsmash/v/36089202?t=02h31m53s

Zero went for fthrow > bf (which should be a true combo) but ranai managed to pull out a lloid rocket o.o

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It doesn't have any special properties, the hitbox comes out at F52, the time before that he's vulnerable. If you look at the video, he took the Bouncing Fish damage.
It is possible that it might be able to cancel hitstun similar to Greninja's Shadow Sneak but I am not sure about that.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
It doesn't have any special properties, the hitbox comes out at F52, the time before that he's vulnerable. If you look at the video, he took the Bouncing Fish damage.
It is possible that it might be able to cancel hitstun similar to Greninja's Shadow Sneak but I am not sure about that.
I'm aware it traded, what I'm surprised about is villager being able to use the side b at all @_@ I thought villager being invincible for a few frames and being hit by bouncing fish's late hitbox would be an explanation though.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I'm aware it traded, what I'm surprised about is villager being able to use the side b at all @_@ I thought villager being invincible for a few frames and being hit by bouncing fish's late hitbox would be an explanation though.
it might have something to do with hitstun cancelling i guess
never really stopped and think WHY Ranai got away with it

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I'm guessing the fthrow>bouncing fish didn't true combo so Ranai was able to use sideb which is out on frame 1.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I find it really funny that we can pocket Olimar's flower people. I was playing against my buddy the other day when I pocketed a purple pikmin of his. 5 seconds later it came right back at him and killed him at 87%. Lol.

Linkdude74

Smash Cadet
I find it really funny that we can pocket Olimar's flower people. I was playing against my buddy the other day when I pocketed a purple pikmin of his. 5 seconds later it came right back at him and killed him at 87%. Lol.
it would be dumb if we could pocket his smash attacks like mario can cape them.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The Pacman matchup is incredibly fun, you can do a lot of crazy stuff with his fruits, Hydrant, and even the Water stream, you can pocket it and throw it in the air to ride it for a little bit.
I loved this matchup.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
The Pacman matchup is incredibly fun, you can do a lot of crazy stuff with his fruits, Hydrant, and even the Water stream, you can pocket it and throw it in the air to ride it for a little bit.
I loved this matchup.
Agreed. Pocketing the hydrant only to drop it on his head for a kill is so satisfying!!!

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
I loved this matchup.
Too bad more people don't play Pacman. :(

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The official one?
That's actually more or less where I had him on my personal list lol
I mean, he's good and has good tools, but he's not as reliable as other 10ish characters.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think he'll go up as more people attain Ranai+ levels of optimization and realize nair is broken as ****.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I think this tier list has proved to me once again why I don't much care for them. It could be improved. At most characters are where they are based on representation right now. Personally I've found that some of the current "bottom tiers" are actually pretty good, they just have no representation because everyone goes with the top tiers. I don't have anything against tier lists but I don't really follow them either. I just feel this one is a bit more based on representation rather than viability.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
I think this tier list has proved to me once again why I don't much care for them. It could be improved. At most characters are where they are based on representation right now. Personally I've found that some of the current "bottom tiers" are actually pretty good, they just have no representation because everyone goes with the top tiers. I don't have anything against tier lists but I don't really follow them either. I just feel this one is a bit more based on representation rather than viability.
I would say how often a character is represented is probably the best proof of a character's viability because if those characters are more popular, it's usually because those characters are very good, and most competitors that want to win will go with the the characters that have proven themselves over time.

I'm not saying I completely agree with this list, but it's hard to say a character in bottom tier that has basically no results should be moved up.

As for Villager, that's exactly where I predicted he'd be back when the game first came out lol.

De Wolfe

Smash Cadet
Yeah I'm happy where he is on that tier list. I've seen a trend of him being put within the top 10 characters of the game which I've never agreed with. I've always thought he was more like top 15, so being put at 11th next to Ness and Cloud sounds about right (although I actually think those two are slightly better than villager overall).

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I would say how often a character is represented is probably the best proof of a character's viability because if those characters are more popular, it's usually because those characters are very good, and most competitors that want to win will go with the the characters that have proven themselves over time.

I'm not saying I completely agree with this list, but it's hard to say a character in bottom tier that has basically no results should be moved up.

As for Villager, that's exactly where I predicted he'd be back when the game first came out lol.
And I'm not saying the current bottom tiers should be moved up. From what I've seen, Zelda, Ganon, and Samus have never really had the best results in the games they've been in. But I just feel that when you look at a player who mains a bottom tier, they're usually really good, and make their character look pretty good as well.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
What does everyone think about Villager's placing on the tier list?
story time three entirely different people in the zelda social put Villager as the 11th best character in their personal tier list i joked about it and then the 4br decide that villager is also the 11Th best char and now TTTTTsd TTTTTsd teases me about that position

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
story time three entirely different people in the zelda social put Villager as the 11th best character in their personal tier list i joked about it and then the 4br decide that villager is also the 11Th best char and now TTTTTsd TTTTTsd teases me about that position
Your number is 11. You must learn to accept your fate.....Number 11.

11. 11.

Wonderf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wonderf
3DS FC
5172-2136-8763
Well that's unfortunate, especially since they were dead on. I wish you good luck on your journey to restore your name but the real question is, are all villager mains called 11 or is it just Antonykun Antonykun ?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Well that's unfortunate, especially since they were dead on. I wish you good luck on your journey to restore your name but the real question is, are all villager mains called 11 or is it just Antonykun Antonykun ?
I think it's just me for pointing about out so much but don't worry TTTTTsd TTTTTsd is a cool dude and really doesn't bother me much about it

De Wolfe

Smash Cadet
Looks like Villager made it through another patch without being touched. Pretty happy with that.

Top Bottom