• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGD: Dr. Shrunk Says be Happy!!

zang

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zangoose
is it a good thing we got no change in the latest patch

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
I really don't think villager needs a throw buff. His throw being weak is the only thing keeping him from being severely unbalanced. The last buff was subtle and ok because most characters are getting combo throws anyway, but Villagers weakness to shielding defines his limitations as a character and if they buffed his throw too much they would have to nerf him in some other way to make up for it.

But that's just how i feel right now, when they keep buffing characters until Gannon is above us I'll probably change my tune =P.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
imma be completely honest, the more I play Villager the bigger her weaknesses feel to me like you can almost beat her by holding back and shielding.
Zee'd Twitter has me uncomfortable around Villager too :/

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
imma be completely honest, the more I play Villager the bigger her weaknesses feel to me like you can almost beat her by holding back and shielding.
Zee'd Twitter has me uncomfortable around Villager too :/
I think that's why a lot of Villager players try to stay at a distance and deal chip damage with slingshots, you're far less likely to get shieldgrabbed. The solution is clearly to have the axe handy to obliterate shields if needed (20 shield damage is great).

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
You also have to realize that most of the time, in most matches, you won't have the axe. I kindof wish the two down b customs were watering can only (super timber version) and axe only.

Also, while we are talking about defensive options, spot dodges and rolls got a 1 frame universal nerf to invincibility duration (For those of you who don't obsessively check the patch notes thread every day like i do).

Last edited:

zang

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zangoose
how do i deal with losers who keep rushing me down and shielding all the time

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
use some pivot grabs too, jump over their head, have a half watered tree that will help
This.

I can't tell you how many times have wrecked overly agressive players with tree growth / chop. Don't forget to grab players that run up to your tree and spam reflectors or counters. Combo dthrow into tree chop for the most satisfying KO ever.

Last edited:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Hey guys. I'm new to Villager but decided to pick him up because of how I naturally like zoning characters and he fit so well for me.
So how are you guys doing?
I hope we can have fun together and I can learn more villagers tips!

Last edited:

Wonderf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wonderf
3DS FC
5172-2136-8763
It's my birthday today. anyone want to do villager dittos?
Yo, it was my birthday also on Aug 1st! Happy belated birthday!

Hey guys. I'm new to Villager but decided to pick him up because of how I naturally like zoning characters and he fit so well for me.
So how are you guys doing?
I hope we can have fun together and I can learn more villagers tips!
Welcome to the Villager boards, I hope you enjoy yourself and learn new things!

Last edited:

Whitepikmin

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2836-0727-3260
i cancelled it, not many people showed up. it will be rescheduled later after the wii u one is finished. The wii u tournament will be september 5th at 3pm.

zang

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zangoose
i cancelled it, not many people showed up. it will be rescheduled later after the wii u one is finished. The wii u tournament will be september 5th at 3pm.
may i suggest making tournaments maybe weeks apart, as a month apart sometimes peeps might forget

Whitepikmin

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2836-0727-3260
It got changed to saturday. :( I am terrible at tourney making. can someone help me out, like I need a lot of help...

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Aren't you the guy that posted about DIRTBUS (or just DIRT in particular), Lloid braking, the One Chop (RIP) and all the other tech stuff?

or was it someone else?
I look up this stuff and compile it, but few things, have I actually found on my own

I've contributed to testing quite a few of these tho.

Veen.

Plant. Water. Chop.
NNID
VeenStache711
Speaking of, I'm gonna ask a stupid question: that Lloid rocket reflector insta-kill glitch has been removed, right? That AT thread never said if it had been patched or not.

Also, any Villagers here get to go to Super Smash Con last weekend?

Last edited:

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
We need some new life in these villager boards...Things kinda died over the summer.

Wonderf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wonderf
3DS FC
5172-2136-8763
We need some new life in these villager boards...Things kinda died over the summer.
I agree with you, things have gone pretty quiet (I was moving in July) but I feel by September things will start up again. Plus, I've been seeing some new faces around which is good.

Wonderf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wonderf
3DS FC
5172-2136-8763

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Nebulous is starting up again so when I come back from NJ I'm gonna try to make Villager shine over in NYC.
I might even meet zee.
I love how zee liked this post.
Always kinda wondered why I never see sort of known smash players on smashboards. They would really be able to contribute the most. Must be a time management thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom