• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGD: Dr. Shrunk Says be Happy!!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I changed Ed's catchphrase to gorl he's perfect for the cathcprase
HNI_0061.JPG

but Freckles decided to be an unimaginative duck and copy paste Ed's catchphrase
HNI_0067.JPG

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I forgot to ask @ Lorde Lorde why his Re-tail is full of 999,999 bell red lilies is this some Illuminati scheme?
View attachment 59411
After bothering @ Lorde Lorde i went huntng for a colecanth it took me all night but...
View attachment 59418
I later went island grinding and broke my 6 golden stag record with 7 stags
View attachment 59419
The lilies are there so my villagers don't ruin their houses by selling their furniture. It's also an effective way to pay for things if a lot of money is being spent (such as if someone is buying a villager for 20 million). But the furniture thing is the real reason why the lilies are there.

I like my villagers to be as original as possible. That's why I never change their catchphrases or give them furniture or clothing.

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
@ Antonykun Antonykun

Sorry about not opening the gates on Sunday (or saturday I think).

Want to come over? (FC 0001-3344-5466)

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
sorry @ Mr.Sile Mr.Sile my friends have gotten me away froma stable internet connection so i can't visit your village in a while

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
gosh today's blog post is bad bad bad :/
yay july is here i managed to plant all the perfect apples @ Lorde Lorde gave me hopefully someone here has the bell bloom ordinance so i can make a serious profit from them I also caught 4 of the 6 cicadas and have a new villager Frobert
I also got to see Mr Resetti dance so it is the best day for me
HNI_0069.JPG

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
So you finally caught a coelacanth huh, Antonykun? Too bad you can't catch stringfish in the summer! But try to get an arapaima and an arowana while summer is still here (don't know all the rare fish in AC:NL).

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
So you finally caught a coelacanth huh, Antonykun? Too bad you can't catch stringfish in the summer! But try to get an arapaima and an arowana while summer is still here (don't know all the rare fish in AC:NL).
I should probably dedicate a day to those guys :/
anyways blog number 5 this time its a little more interesting
Doing work for Brewster I ended up being told that I am competition for the owl much to his shock, it was really amusing seeing him get shocked as much as he did considering how stoic he normally is. (also find it odd that both Muffy and Ed are wearing the same shirt)
I also ended up visiting @ Lorde Lorde again but i forgot to take a picture of it :/
HNI_0070.JPG
HNI_0071.JPG

I ended up deciding to grind for underwater museum exhibits by swimming by the ocean some time I noticed how beautiful the night music as with the rain and how I would never do such a thing IRL it got me to think more of AntNykun outside of him being my personal avatar. How does he feel about being the only human in a village full of anthropomorphized animals how does he feel about not being able to see or write to his parents who clearly still write to him now and again. It was truly a powerful experience and certainly one that I will pin point to when asked about video game moments
HNI_0072.JPG

Last edited:

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
Someone just rage quit on FG because I was "spamming" gyroid... I wasn't even spamming it ._.
Plus, you try playing Villager without using a decent amount of Lloyds.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Someone just rage quit on FG because I was "spamming" gyroid... I wasn't even spamming it ._.
That's actually a pretty fun challenge that has some constructive merits as well. If you can learn to handle yourself without launching a lloid every chance you get, you can learn the best times to use it.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
people on FG will say one spams a lot of things :/

zang

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zangoose
Lloyds is the bread and butter of my Villager, i just can't stop LLOYDING

shadowdude

Smash Apprentice
Well Another good old day of baiting people to get up at the ledge into a growing tree. I swear I get this WAY more often than I should Lol

Also today while my opponent was on the edge cut down a tree and started to charge f-smash. The tree missed because of a get up attack but that same get up attack collided with my f-smash and he got ko'd.

And I ko'd a mewtwo when he was only at 27% with a fully charged f-smash. Man I love that move

AusGremlinBoy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AussieGremlinBoy
3DS FC
1934-1768-8886
Just ordered a GC controller + adaptor, hope to start using that instead of the gamepad.

Also since I'm PAL i can't do that much project M since I'm scared of softmodding my wii, but a friend has done it.

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
Ace was saying in his tier list video that Villager should be high A tier or even A+ due to the new combo throw and allegedly less cool down on the grab (I wasn't aware of that... Is it confirmed?)

Thoughts?

Last edited:

AusGremlinBoy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AussieGremlinBoy
3DS FC
1934-1768-8886
Ace was saying in his tier list video that Villager should be high A tier or even A+ due to the new combo throw and allegedly less cool down on the grab (I wasn't aware of that... Is it confirmed?)

Thoughts?
yis

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

Thoughts?
Grab is still horribly slow with bad range for how long it takes to come out with no lingering grab box like most other tethers. You probably won't be grabbing competent opponents much outside of shield pressure and retreating pivot grabs.

That said, his new DThrow nets him better rewards off grabs (instead of just having his killing BThrow, which is still nice). And yes, cooldown was reduced by a few frames. You'll still probably get punished if you whiff.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801

Thoughts?
That's like saying Link should jump tiers because his grab is better. It's still bad guys, we shouldn't start using it more often just because it combos. Keep using it the way we have been(sparingly), and now we'll get good reward at any percent! I only think villager should go maybe one or two spots up, not a whole tier or anything.

Oh yeah the cooldown makes like no difference lol. If you whiff it, you're still getting hit hard.

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
That's like saying Link should jump tiers because his grab is better. It's still bad guys, we shouldn't start using it more often just because it combos. Keep using it the way we have been(sparingly), and now we'll get good reward at any percent! I only think villager should go maybe one or two spots up, not a whole tier or anything.

Oh yeah the cooldown makes like no difference lol. If you whiff it, you're still getting hit hard.
Villager actually moved down one spot in the most recent tier list, which didn't make sense to me at all.. I think we should definitely have moved up, but probably as you said, just one or two spots. We had no nerfs and only buffs. Although the combo throw buff isn't HUGE considering the amount of times we'll actually be able to set it up, it's still pretty awesome for racking up percent, in addition to the d-throw damage buff (which again is not significant, but still nice).

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
most tier list are community based and to be honest while i know very much about Villager and Mii Swordfighter, if you ask me to be knowledgable about 50% of the cast i would just give you a look
also I made these
Serious Yaranaika Villager.png

Untitled.png

Yaranaika Rosalinda.png

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
What will happen now?
I'm sure he had already arranged everything for the transition to a new president, as his condition has given him plenty of time to prepare for his potential death, which has unfortunately occurred :(. I hope that Nintendo will return to normal soon and that the new president will attempt to keep the legacy that Iwata has created....

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Wonderf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wonderf
3DS FC
5172-2136-8763
When I told my little brother ( 6 years old) that Iwata died, he thought that no more video games were being made.
It was a pretty bad day for him.

... until I explained it to him

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
My tribute to Iwata. I know my Japanese is sloppy, but it's the best I can do...

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey Villager players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Villager and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Guys...Nietono didn't make it out of pools.

Top Bottom