• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBootCamp & *Pound* 4 - A Detailed List of What We're Doing(Live Stream URL Inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VGBootCamp

Smash Apprentice

Follow VGBootCamp on:

&

to get all of the up to the minute updates, results, and upsets for Pound 4 and much much more.

Subscribe to us on:

To See all of the *Pound* 4 tournament videos as soon as they are released

Live Stream

http://pound2.vgbootcamp.com/

Note: The Actual Live stream is now from Justin.tv(because it's so reliable) and the Chat is from Ustream.tv(Best Chat)

Catering

Every day we will have an array of snacks and beverages for sale as well as a special "Combo" that will be different each day(Prices will be displayed at the food stand)

Saturday(Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwich)

10AM - Until food runs out

Sunday(Philly Cheese Steak)

Monday(Meat Ball Sub)

T-Shirts

Yes, that is a list of every person who entered the tournament on the back of the shirt

We will be selling the shirts periodically through out the day. You will here an announcement over the PA whenever we're about to sell them. We have 100 shirts and they're first come first serve. They'll be going for $15 a pop

Equipment

VGBootCamp will be providing an estimated 30 TVs, 5 Wiis, 4 Game Cubes, and 1 to 2 projectors

Recording

VGBootCamp, with the help of the smash community, has made it a goal to get every Melee and Brawl bracket match recorded and then posted online within a week after pound.

What We need from you

-to adhere to us and record the matches we ask you to.(with out oragnization there's no way this feat can be accomplished)

-Transfer all of the matches you record to our 2TB external Hard Drive before you leave the tournament

-Record your Videos in medium high quality(Good enough so the viewer doesn't even think about the quality when watching but low enough so the file isn't so huge we can't but it on our hard drive.)

Thank you to everyone that helps

We won't be able to answer any question until tomorrow late night due to the fact that we're setting up for pound.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
LOLLL @ ssbmdemon, whoever you are XD

I hear that the shirts thing fell apart.

Does that mean True Gamer can still sell their shirts there if they're there? [sorry if that's annoying or obnoxious...only asking because they were going to be selling shirts but then got the boot when y'all became part of the equation...but I woulda done the same thing if I were in Plank's position...you guys are providing a lot of amazing stuff for this so thanks =D]

Nike.

Smash Hero
Although the assigning people to record matches seems nazish at first, it's really good to know that all bracket matches will be not only recorded but organized under one single youtube account.

toasty

Smash Hero
Although the assigning people to record matches seems nazish at first, it's really good to know that all bracket matches will be not only recorded but organized under one single youtube account.
This.

Anyone who's got subscribers they care about catering to can simply post a video with a link to the VGBootcamp channel...something small like what Waffles does for his livestream announcements.

Also, people are still free to post the vids up themselves if they feel like it. [unless there's going to be some sort of official ruling that we can't >_>]

and even still there are 3 rounds of pools worth of videos that will be up from a good number of pools. At least Rounds 2 and 3 will more than likely have a LOT of amazing matches =D

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
You should have the people recording the vids title them in a specific format so whomever's job it is to upload doesn't have a headache trying to figure out who is in a specific match or set.

Something like Player 1 (Player 1's Character) vs Player 2 (Player 2's Character)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yo VGBootCamp, I'm real happy for you, and I'ma let you finish...
But Genesis had the best tournament t shirts of all time! OF ALL TIME!

I'm not gonna lie, I don't like the design on the shirts :/
I really wanna buy one for nostalgia, especially with a list of every player which is awesome, but its really plain and cheesy.

Other than that, everything else here is incredibly impressive with what your providing. Though lets face it, were not in Philly, no way those are gonna be philly cheesesteaks lol. You've have to go to a CoT for one of them ;)

I'll be happy to record as well.

toasty

Smash Hero
You should have the people recording the vids title them in a specific format so whomever's job it is to upload doesn't have a headache trying to figure out who is in a specific match or set.

Something like Player 1 (Player 1's Character) vs Player 2 (Player 2's Character)
This.

Fortunately, even if people don't do that, it'll still be manageable for them to keep track of that because they're assigning recorders to specific matches so they'll know exactly what matches each recorder SHOULD have. So all you need to do is title the video file(s) under your own name when you transfer them to VGBC's harddrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom