• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBootCamp Launches #FreeGimR Campaign

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
GimR, the driving force behind popular Smash Brothers organization and Twitch stream VGBootCamp, has reached out to the Smash community in an effort to expand VGBootCamp's scope. If GimR is able to recruit 500 new subscriptions to the VGBootCamp Twitch channel, he will be able to work for the organization full time. This means that past endeavors such as the tech skill video series 'Metagame Minute' and weekly tournament highlight reels can make a triumphant (and regular) return to VGBootCamp's content rotation alongside brand new projects.

VGBootCamp needs your help to #FreeGimR!

The #FreeGimR campaign was announced during the final rounds of Smash at Xanadu on May 6th. By the end of that night's stream, nearly 250 new users had subscribed to VGBootCamp - half of the desired 500.

The full video announcing the campaign can be viewed below:

If VGBootCamp creates content that you enjoy, please share this news within the community and consider subscribing today. Subscriptions cost $4.99 per month, half of which goes directly to VGBootcamp. A subscription removes ads from the user's VGBC stream, provides custom emotes, and allows chatting in sub-only mode, which is often a permanent fixture of large regional and national tournaments.

VGBootCamp and GimR can be reached at:

www.twitch.tv/VGBootCamp
www.facebook.com/VGBootCamp
www.twitter.com/VGBootCamp
www.twitter.com/VGBC_GimR
www.youtube.com/videogamebootcamp
www.vgbootcamp.com

The Derrit is a huge VGBootCamp fan. He thinks if you like watching Smash, especially weekly PM, this is a cause worth supporting. You can help him rally the troops on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Wish I could have subbed during the announcement video last night, but I'll have to wait until payday this Friday.
<3 GIMR

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
This man looks exhausted. He deserves it. I'm sure if he did this full time, he'd put out tons of content for Smash as promised. The only downside I see to this, is that what if a portion of the subscribers unsubscribe and he can't pay his bills?

Splice

Smash Hero
GIMR is like the Day[9] of Smash.
Lets give him the opportunity to really show it!

rikochet

Smash Cadet
Last night was an amazing night for Xanadu aswell as everyone watching. It was really hype. Boss outplaying M2K as Dr.Marioin melee, (he lost but it was amazing). ESAM'S Project M Samus was godlike and his match vs Pink Fresh's Lucas was insane it was borderline DBZ style fighting. All trolling stopped for that match it was TOO good. ESAM's DK also beat M2K mewtwo which was crazy.

LETS GO VGBC

Last edited:
I'll be getting some Paypal money this Saturday. Soon there'll be a subscription

If this plan works, Gimr's main job will be running VideoGameBootCamp. 100% of his work energy spent for the community will be very legit

Last edited:

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
But what if another tourney runs late and GimR gets arrested again?
Can we free him twice?

Last edited:

motive

Smash Rookie
If GimR wasn't putting out such high quality, easily accessible Smash content, I doubt many newcomers interested in the competitive scene like myself would stick around. Definitely worth my $5 and then some.

Chef Wendell

Smash Rookie
It was pretty impressive seeing ESAM beat M2k's mewtwo. The kicker was M2K came back the next match with HIS DK, and just dominated ESAM DKvsDK... it was kinda sad and funny at the same time. =P

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
So that's why GimR always has that death face when playing. #FreeGimR

Top Bottom