• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGA Wii GOTY Boom Blox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
HEARRG!
Thats beyond ********. I can't in my mind think of anything that blows my mind more than that.
What the heck! Boom Blox?
I'm sure it's good and fun but isnt there another game that came out on the Wii this Year
LIKE BRAWL!
Did EA pay for this to happen?
I would never be mad at something like this but SERIOUSLY. BOOM BLOX not BRAWL!
How stupid can this get?
Its like saying Mirrors Edge gets best platformer compared with Mario Galaxy.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
Its just the sad reality, and it happens all too often. Not much that can be done about it though. The Wii is being taken away by casual gamers who dont know anything about the hardcore and compeditive styles.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Boom Blox was literally one of my best purcahses on the Wii. Not saying much, but I enjoyed it immensely.

Pas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Antilochos
3DS FC
2277-6656-7895
The way you phrase "I'm sure it's good and fun but.." makes it sound like you haven't played Boom Blox. It's a very fun game and worthy of accolades. It got me back into playing my Wii.

Seriously though, play the game, THEN form an opinion, THEN consider posting about it, perhaps in one of the other two game of the year threads. If it turns out you have played it and dislike it for intelligent reasons than you have my most sincere apologies.

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
The way you phrase "I'm sure it's good and fun but.." makes it sound like you haven't played Boom Blox. It's a very fun game and worthy of accolades. It got me back into playing my Wii.

Seriously though, play the game, THEN form an opinion, THEN consider posting about it, perhaps in one of the other two game of the year threads. If it turns out you have played it and dislike it for intelligent reasons than you have my most sincere apologies.
Yeah I havent played it. And I was carefull it saying what I did I didn't want to sound like "OMG BOOM BLOX SUCKS MY ROD" I'm going off what I heard people and critics say.

But as far as I'm concerned their isn't a VGA Wii GOTY thread so I made one.

Pas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Antilochos
3DS FC
2277-6656-7895
That's fair. You never said you disliked Boom Blox. I suppose it was implied in how you started this thread to rage against it. You do seem quite angry about Boom Blox's success. For the record, people and critics liked boom blox.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/boomblox

So yeah, Boom Blox > Brawl may not be as stupid as you assume, EA probably doesn't care enough to buy Boom Blox VGA awards and why oh why does everyone keep mentioning Mario Galaxy in goty threads?

edit: In other news, Professor Layton and the Curious Village won best handheld! Brilliant! I'd hi 5 the people behind that choice if I knew who they were.

K64

Smash Apprentice
I got upset about this and all, but think this: It could've been something else. Spike or whoever was on drugs could've chosen [censored].

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
HEARRG!
Thats beyond ********. I can't in my mind think of anything that blows my mind more than that.
What the heck! Boom Blox?
I'm sure it's good and fun but isnt there another game that came out on the Wii this Year
LIKE BRAWL!
Did EA pay for this to happen?
I would never be mad at something like this but SERIOUSLY. BOOM BLOX not BRAWL!
How stupid can this get?
Its like saying Mirrors Edge gets best platformer compared with Mario Galaxy.
Ahahaha. This post is full of lulz and irony to me.

First of all, I have not played Boom Blox but I'm so glad it won over Brawl.

Also, Mirror's Edge? DEFINITELY deserves to be rated best platformer over Mario Galaxy. I don't think there's ever been a platformer quite like it before. Not just platforming in first-person, but a game revolving around that. Fast-paced. Focused on speed running. I honestly think Mirror's Edge is completely revolutionary. Not to mention that it does NOT focus on combat (even though people want it to). In the demo, it even gives you the hint that you should always try to get away from enemies. You get an achievement for never using a gun.

Mario Galaxy is HIGHLY overrated. Some people actually think it's the best game ever, some people actually think it's the best Mario game ever. I'm not even a big Mario fan and I can say it's not the best Mario game ever, and DEFINITELY not the best game ever. While those are opinions, and I don't deny the right to opinions, those opinions highly overrate the game. Like, I still don't understand what was so revolutionary about it. I don't think it really explored any new concepts, it just expanded on Mario. Not to mention that the idea has been done before. Play Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

Mario Galaxy was mediocre, but the hype it gets makes me hate it SO MUCH more.

.../rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom