• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

very very good Zelda players, anywhere?

D

Deleted member

I was joking but if you want to play ball lets try bouncing around in this court. My comment stems from the fact you dont even compete with zelda let alone use her on any other stage aside from FD. So it was more of a "You of ALL people dont really have much room to state such claims mr.mow" considering you dont have even the slightest understanding of how to use zelda on a competitive level. If im wrong, by all means show me. Not debasing your skill at all (If i remember one match you like...tore my *** open so hard that i thought my will to use zelda fell out with it and i wanted to quit being alive forever and eternity...for like 2 seconds) as anyone who can use zelda on FD as well as you do deserves notoriety. But try to at least use tournament stats to back up your ludicrous claims when regarding my skill instead of 5 minutes worth of dittos kthnxbubye :D.
1. I've used Zelda in a lot of tournaments, usually as my back-up character. Not as a secondary, but usually as a "my fox got ****ed up so I'll pick someone who doesn't get ***** as hard by edge guards or chaingrabs". After a while, I just preferred to play as zelda instead.

2. I'd be lying if I said I was any good at melee at this point, but I still understand melee REALLY well and the people that know me well will tell you the same thing. I do have less notable wins vs excellent players such as KDJ, Azen, Chu, forward, vidjo, m2k, DSW, hugs, etc but none of them are all that recent simply because I don't really play that much anymore. I also have some losses vs other excellent players like PC chris, darkrain, mango, and dr pp. My two most recent sets vs good players were mango and dr pp, where I repeatedly lost to both falcos @ 1 stock (pound 5). Point being, I've played and performed well against a lot of talented players, some of which I know you've played against, so I must know at least a little something about the game/character.

3. I usually pick FD For DD practice, I'm personally awful vs dash dance camping, particularly from fox/falcon. I play much better on platforms but I don't need to practice that when I go to like 3 tournaments a year. That's not a zelda thing either, I personally suck against DD camping as any character.

4. I already made concessions that I can't pinpoint your skill because of time/accuracy issues. But if I played or watched you for 10 minutes I could.

5. I don't have much for tournament stats for the last few years as I started to dislike the brawl/melee split and I prefer to just stick to exchanging ideas on the forums. The only tournaments stat I have for you this year is I entered like some teams tournament in late january, and the coolest thing I did was I came back from a 2 vs 1 disadvantage vs plank and boss and I thought that was cool? it felt cool anyway. uhh, I beat renth in roy vs ganondorf? not much to talk about. it's simply been way too long.

I was probably in the wrong to make any assumptions at all regarding you as a player, but I definitely have the best understanding of zelda on this board far and away. understanding zelda isn't about frame data or what you can do because any good character/player combo can debilitate her options REALLY fast and that frame data doesn't matter anymore. Higher level zelda is all about avoiding the **** to the extreme best of your ability and to go for simple punishes or to abuse quick and easy gimmicks with good reward. for example, I don't like cosmo's style because even though he's REALLY, REALLY good at the character, I think he double jumps too much and it leads to those falcon edge guards that he posted about in the first place. I think cosmo would be much better as a player if he left the ground less often and learned the edge hugging up B trick I posted a few weeks ago. understanding zelda also means having a good SHEIK so you can't get shut down like that in the first place, and any zelda that doesn't have a good sheik isn't a good zelda.

The Cape

Smash Master
Yoshi is always welcome in the zelda thread.

and ganon...and...mewtwo somtimes

and like maybe...probably...sorta.....roy

but thats it so everyone else BACK OFF >:O
You Mario hater you.

I do agree with Mow's points about location, character, etc to attribute to a lack of improvement in many instances. I myself am an example of that as I play a character that is comparable (or worse) than Zelda in most matchups and I am also in central PA with NO ONE to play so I will not get any better and I accept that. I'm getting old and frail anyway (25 on Sunday), but I just play the game for the sheer enjoyment of it.

For the record, I do think TheLake is a great player, but if he was to play a better character and play more people outside of Pittsburgh he would improve at a much more rapid rate.

TheLake

Smash Master
Awww I love mario

but your bowser and link....*drools*

I also love...Mows post!

The only part i disagree with...

Is i think I ALONE HAVE THE MOST ZELDA KNOWLEDGE >:D

muahahaha

1. Play blue
2. Pray to god the person your playing against is a human being
3. Bank on the fact humans make mistakes
4. Dont make any mistakes
5. Hope they pick anybody but falcon/fox/shiek
6. Unless its vmans yoshi...then your still ****ed
7. Or axe's pika...ahh theres a few other exceptions...
8. Kick alot
9. Reapeat 8. till your knuckles bleed and your sternum collapses.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I must not falter to the Warrior, I believe he has taken down my AZ brethren, I am the last one.. I must not fail...

*dramatic music* *serious face*
slngsl gnkldsgn;lfgndfsa

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I haven't played you yet though? >.> Have I? I don't remember playing any Ganons at Pound.. >.>;

and if I did play Ganons sorry for not remembering.. >.>

If I did already play you sorry for also not remembering >.>'

D

Deleted member

Awww I love mario

but your bowser and link....*drools*

I also love...Mows post!

The only part i disagree with...

Is i think I ALONE HAVE THE MOST ZELDA KNOWLEDGE >:D

muahahaha

1. Play blue
2. Pray to god the person your playing against is a human being
3. Bank on the fact humans make mistakes
4. Dont make any mistakes
5. Hope they pick anybody but falcon/fox/shiek
6. Unless its vmans yoshi...then your still ****ed
7. Or axe's pika...ahh theres a few other exceptions...
8. Kick alot
9. Reapeat 8. till your knuckles bleed and your sternum collapses.
you're really only missing one or two things...which i'm keeping to myself. like a ***.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I haven't played you yet though? >.> Have I? I don't remember playing any Ganons at Pound.. >.>;

and if I did play Ganons sorry for not remembering.. >.>

If I did already play you sorry for also not remembering >.>'
Oh no we didnt play yet.. right now though, I feel so.. soo good. Anyways, ya well play at Genesis.. if we dont play in pools or brackets, lets MM or play friendlies.

Top Bottom