• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Very mild nudity in 3DS version confirmed by Aussie ratings board!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I just checked the Australian Classification website, both of them are PG for "low level animated violence". Maybe it it Wario's butt after all.
I see. It is worth noting that the GBA Metroids are sprite-based games, so I suppose the rating is "lower" for them compared to the rating for 3D games like Smash.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Wouldn't today's PotD qualify for "very mild nudity" in Australia's rating system?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You could say something as mild as damn in a game and Australia would slap an 18+ rating on it.
I'm not sure if you're exaggerating but that doesn't happen. The game Scarface: The World is Yours which has the record for the most swear words in a video game got an MA15+ rating.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
As an Australian, I appreciate the humour surrounding our history with game ratings, but it's definitely exaggerated. :p The majority of the issues we had were created by one politician who insisted that we don't include an R classification for games. Now that that's no longer the case, we aren't that much worse than any other country, really. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm not sure if you're exaggerating but that doesn't happen. The game Scarface: The World is Yours which has the record for the most swear words in a video game got an MA15+ rating.
Just exaggerating, but the point is Australia is pretty strict with their ratings.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Even after today's POTD, my sister still think it's because of G&W.
Well, I guess at least ZSS is wearing clothes. :laugh:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Well he is! :laugh:
(JK, obviously my sis is just joking about it. But come on, would it kill G&W to put on some pants? :laugh: )
Come on now :laugh: The last thing I would think about is if Mr. G&W is or isn't wearing something.

MasterBlu

Smash Cadet
I'm thinking this may be more of a hint at Wario for the way he wears his pants if you know what I mean

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I will need to research these very mild examples of nudity in much greater detail upon the release of the game.

For science, of course.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
In all seriousness, I think their reasons are:

-Trophies: Some cleavage, upskirts, and booty here and there. I'm actually slightly surprised; I don't think I remember seeing this much from trophies in Brawl/Project M.
-ZSS: Incredibly skin-tight suit, even though nothing's actually showing.
-Characters: Possible upskirts from other female characters, such as Palutena (Left side of dress) and Peach (Who's had one for at least 2 games, now). Zelda wears leggings and Rosalina has the "entire galaxy under her gown" to censor herself :p

Also, is anyone else a tad surprised that the rating of the next Smash went down from T to E10+?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

-Trophies: Some cleavage, upskirts, and booty here and there. I'm actually slightly surprised; I don't think I remember seeing this much from trophies in Brawl/Project M.
-Characters: Possible upskirts from other female characters, such as Palutena (Left side of dress) and Peach (Who's had one for at least 2 games, now). Zelda wears leggings and Rosalina has the "entire galaxy under her gown" to censor herself :p

Also, is anyone else a tad surprised that the rating of the next Smash went down from T to E10+?
Is the Wii U version rated yet?

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Is the Wii U version rated yet?
At the beginning of the new trailer.

Brawl was rated T: Cartoon Violence and Crude Humor

This one's gone down to E10: Comic Mischief, Cartoon Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
At the beginning of the new trailer.

Brawl was rated T: Cartoon Violence and Crude Humor

This one's gone down to E10: Comic Mischief, Cartoon Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes
Ah. I see. No Bayonetta then.

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Yeah, I think the most likely candidate for a character that wasn't leaked yet is Mewtwo, considering it's one of the ones the leaker said would show up.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Melee was made before the E10+ rating was created, and Brawl is kinda understandable, im not surprised that 4 is E10+

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Nudity?

You can see up Peach's and Zelda dress (Zelda just has tights on so nice try, but Peach....umm let's move on...)
You'll probably be able to see up Palutena's skirt.
Probably and probably not you'll be able to see up Rosalina's dress I don't know it'll looks like it'll hard doing that so give it a shot because I know I will :shades:)
Samus's butt and rack.

I guess that's it so I'll probably go "Pervert" mode one day to find all this out. Maybe I dunno.

EDIT: Though some people may complain keep in fact this is fighting a game. It's not new to see a girl's panties in a fighting game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom