• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Very mild nudity in 3DS version confirmed by Aussie ratings board!

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678

Maybe most of Palutena's butt is exposed and she's wearing the bare minimum of underwear.

The amount of exposed skin in that area could be the reason, no?
the green-haired girl on the left doesn't seem to be wearing much at all. i think we're seeing her bare chest at least, though with the picture cutting off i can't tell if she's wearing pants or underwear.

pickle962

Smash Lord
*yawn* Doesn't surprise me the ******* that make up Australia's equivalent of the ESRB ratings have slapped a "very mild nudity" sticker on the 3DS version and presumably the Wii U version either! What's next? The next Mario bros game has the gang going to the beach wearing swim trunks and bikinis and somehow gets banned for having "Strong sexual content"?

JCAndre

Smash Apprentice
Well considering that in past games you can look up Peach's and Zelda's dresses and also that the Palutena trailer went out of its way to show off her...err...curves this isn't really surprising or that big of a deal.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well considering that in past games you can look up Peach's and Zelda's dresses and also that the Palutena trailer went out of its way to show off her...err...curves this isn't really surprising or that big of a deal.
Peach and Zelda were still wearing under-garments; however, thus there was not any "nudity." We are talking legit (mild) nudity in Smash 4!

Last edited:

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
What REALLY surprises me is the fact that it got a PG rating, as opposed to the Teen rating the last two Smash games got.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I'm willing to bet it's just referring about upskirts. That's the only thing that fits as "very mild nudity" in my book.

R0Y

Smash Master
What REALLY surprises me is the fact that it got a PG rating, as opposed to the Teen rating the last two Smash games got.
ESRB gave a Teen rating.

This is the Aussie ratings board. They've given every Smash this (or the equivalent at the time.)

Last edited:

Two Big Guys For You

Smash Cadet
I want to think of a good reason for this...
How about an enemy in Smash Run being from something like Fire Emblem where the characters are somewhat sexually offensive... *slaps self hard*
I did an image search for a Fire Emblem avatar and "somewhat" doesn't cut the custard man. There is an astonishing amount of official imagery that puts DC Comics to shame in how shameless they are.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
As long as the actual box doesn't say "contains mild nudity" I don't care. That would be really misleading. :ohwell:

R0Y

Smash Master
As long as the actual box doesn't say "contains mild nudity" I don't care. That would be really misleading. :ohwell:
It'll have this
Mild violence and themes, Online interactivity

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
MILD NUDITY?
We all know who's responsible for this.
[collapse=Avert your eyes!]

AS IF BRAWL TOURNAMENTS WEREN'T BIG ENOUGH SAUSAGE FESTS.
Also he has no Pants
[/collapse]

Ragna22

Smash Ace
You guys are thinking too hard about this, clearly we're going to get a reverse DOA4 3DS situation where we'll get a DOA beach stage in Smash with Kasumi, Ayane, Christie and Lisa playing vollyball in the background...but none of them are playable, neither are any other DOA characters.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
..um we were all born naked so WHO CARES!! That rids the little little kid overload problem. LOL

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
The nudity is only mentioned on the grid. The consumer warning reads as follows: "Mild violence and themes, Online interactivity." No mention of nudity there. It also never says "very mild nudity,' it says the nudity has a "very mild impact." Which sounds more like a rating given to a game with no real nudity, just suggestive tight clothes. (I'm looking at you Falcon).

Reading too much into things, as is the curse of Smashboards. Also, Bayonetta never actually shows anything. She's just a tease, guys. There wouldn't be any nudity if she was playable.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Swimsuit outfits for all FE characters confirmed?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I just thought...in Awakening someone put up motivational Uncle Sam style posters with a naked Chrom on them.

Swimsuit Chrom for DLC :troll:

But seriously, Aussies so srs though.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I laughed so hard at this thread. :laugh:
It's clear they're talking about this, the bodies of nudity! Known as Mr. Game & Watch and PAC-Man! :laugh:

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The mystery has been solved.
Possibily, but unless Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission were considered to have mild nudity, we can't say for sure. I have finished these two games countless times, but I never even bothered to check the rating. Ops.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Possibily, but unless Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission were considered to have mild nudity, we can't say for sure. I have finished these two games countless times, but I never even bothered to check the rating. Ops.
I just checked the Australian Classification website, both of them are PG for "low level animated violence". Maybe it it Wario's butt after all.

Top Bottom