• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vericz falco vids!

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Okay, I watched the first 5 videos... I don't think the Falco player used his shine once, that's a crime. Also, so far, Falco has lost every round. Out of the videos I've watched, Falco has killed himself multiple times; attempted Dair spikes. hmm...

He's not bad with dash attack canceling, nor is he bad with SHDL. But still... Kirby's a touch matchup for sure, but... it would have been made more simpler with the use of the shine...

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Okay I watched like 13... Falco has lost every round. Has his Falco every beat your Kirby??? Also, I still don't understand why he doesn't know the shine exists... It'd stop a majority of Kirby ****.

khoasgotrice

Smash Cadet
Okay I watched like 13... Falco has lost every round. Has his Falco every beat your Kirby??? Also, I still don't understand why he doesn't know the shine exists... It'd stop a majority of Kirby ****.
you would love #14

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
A very rash and reckless Falco. Some things to consider:

-Airdodge more. Airdodging is broken in Brawl, and a lot of those predictable attacks (like Kirby's stone) aren't meant to hit you all the time.

-Don't fair so much - actually I'd recommend not using it at all. A well-spaced nair can do the fair's job just as well and without lag.

-Like Orca said, shine more. It shuts down a lot of approaches nicely.

-Master the laser. What's the point of SHDL if your second laser is only hitting your opponent, like, half the time? Use single lasers more - watch Sethlon videos - and use them when retreating. They're quicker, better for combos, and they're easier to time so you can shoot just above the ground. SHDL is great for spam, though.

Other than that, just slow down. Brawl Falco isn't meant to be played as fast as he used to be.

Beowulf Lee

Smash Rookie
Guys, give this dude a break. It's quite obvious that his CG controller broke and he had to use the Wiimote for filming.

Ratherion

Smash Journeyman
*Hyphen Smashing:
While dashing, smash up on the c-stick to immediately initiate an up-smash. Most but not all of the running momentum will be stopped by the up smash resulting in the up smash occurring along a curved path. [Credited to dmbrandon]
^^ Thar. Usable with any character.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
MOAR VIDEOZ!!! Why are there so many videos of a Falco getting whooped by Kirby on a Falco thread...Go post on Kirby threads.

Top Bottom