• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vanish explosion at ledge

AlCaTraz644

Smash Apprentice
Another find, i sometimes do this, well good for mind games though. Something else for me to practice besides trying to chain Jacket.

You basically just drop of the ledge double jump to up b right seems pretty easy to do.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
...wanna explain how you figured it out? ...do you do anything special, or is it just a timing/spacing thing on the ledge?

, it seems like it could be useful, maybe...for ledge guarding, but dangerous. Since Sheik's there at the beginning, but not really there during the rest of the animation, anyone recovering to the edge during that time will have an equal chance of hitting you out of it, or snapping to the ledge and getting their invincibility frames for the explosion.

...what it could be nice for is when people are guarding you from above. I'm not sure on the upper part of the hitbox, but the vanish explosion has good priority, so it might beat out an edgehog from above and give you a safer recovery. Maybe...

But it does look pretty ****ed cool!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You ledgedrop, then up+B and hold diagonally down and toward the ledge. The down direction will prevent Sheik from autosweetspotting.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
You ledgedrop, then up+B and hold diagonally down and toward the ledge. The down direction will prevent Sheik from autosweetspotting.
I was going to say that at first, except it was more like...

ledge drop>b-up>hold down until you disappear>hold toward the ledge

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I hold down and then tap left.

It's not even situational, no one stands on the edge in brawl and if you'd of hit them with upB on the edge like this they'd of grabbed the edge.

I'd of posted this a long time ago but... yeah, you'll die or get punished for looking cool :(

Shino stall for life

Villi

Smash Lord
Perhaps a less suicidal option then is to just tap away and ub toward the stage or a platform.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Perhaps a less suicidal option then is to just tap away and ub toward the stage or a platform.
I did find a use for it, its useful for getting back on safely, sometimes they'll try and edgehog you and you can roll off the ledge or something.

R3N0

Smash Lord
Useless, they just ledge grab, its faster and they get invincibility frames, so you end up looking like an idiot.

just use sheik chain stall, much safer.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
I have a friend that does something like this sometimes. Coming from the perspective of having this done to me I can say its a pretty effective edgeguard. It gives you invincibility frames, has a pretty large hitbox, has killing power, and most people won't see it coming. I've seen it done starting further from the ledge though. He doesn't really use it as a stall but its still effective.

Top Bottom