• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[v3.6] R.O.B. Community Matchup Chart + Discussion

Tobb99

Smash Apprentice
I got some question marks on the chart being:

:dk2:: I'm not sure if this is that good MU for ROB. DK got a good neutral game as well as punish game.
:fox::falco::wolf:: Isen't ROB good against spacies. -2 on Fox and Falco seems a bit much.
:mario2:: pretty sure this one is a +1 for ROB.
:yoshi2:: I've heard people saying this is a slightly positive MU for ROB, but idk.
:lucario:: I've heard Lucario loes to characters with a good Zooning-game, which ROB has. But still have no experience of that MU.
:gw:: Maybe this MU is even worse, but idk.
:olimar:: Many ROB players seems to think that this is in ROBs favor in the recent discussions.

Last edited:

Taytertot

Smash Ace
Matchup from :rob:'s Perspective (+3 has ROB winning)

+3::bowser2:
+2::samus2::peach::jigglypuff::ganondorf::dk2:
+1::lucas::ike::toonlink::ivysaur::squirtle::luigi2::snake::popo::ness2:
0::mewtwopm::wario::link2::zelda::roypm::pikachu2::sonic::metaknight::dedede:
-1::wolf::marth::mario2::gw::kirby2::zerosuitsamus::olimar:
-2::falco::fox::falcon::sheik::charizard:

-3:

?: :lucario::pit::yoshi2:

What do you guys think? Anything wildly inaccurate? What about the unknown matchups?

This is for updating the (outdated) community matchup chart.
ive heard most roy's say that rob is kinda a rough mu so id assume roy vs rob to be +1 in rob's favor

Serj28

Smash Cadet
How does one fight Lucario? It probably doesn't help I have no idea how his aura bull**** works

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero

-3:

What do you guys think? Anything wildly inaccurate? What about the unknown matchups?

I think it looks like you actually just took a tier list and flipped it upside down

Kneato

Totoro Joe
I think it looks like you actually just took a tier list and flipped it upside down
I took what's on the community matchup chart. I'm trying to fix it. It would help if you gave your opinions on what should be changed.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
You didn't say that on the Samus boards. :p

-3:

ROB:Lucario is +1 for ROB. Not only does Lucario have a lot of trouble with zoning, which ROB is good at, but he is very susceptible to CC if he chooses the wrong attack string, which is pretty hard to react with. Also, he has an extremely hard time landing a kill combo at high %'s.

ROB: Pit I feel is -1 for ROB. I've played against Pit a few times in tournament, and even though I won all of those sets, I felt like things could easily have gone badly for me if the right things were abused. Here's a little theorycraft: While we do have boosts, getting down against Pit shouldn't be easy because of uair sharking. Usmash is a pretty good anti-air, and combos into upB probably kill us early. We both have reflectors, but his is a little bit easier to use in reaction to our laser (plus it doubles as a shield against our other moves including boost approaches). Conversely, our reflector could actually be baited by a delayed arrow charge. Pit's weaknesses in this MU are that he's weak outside of upB, and he doesn't deal with CC very well. As for recovery, I would imagine that arrows can snipe us out of our boosts extremely well if we do not fair out of our boosts to clank with them.

Everything else here is based more on experience and not so much theorycraft.
Bowser is only a +2. We keep him out and we can mess him up off a grab, but our combo game is not as good as the rest of the cast (they deserve the +3). Also, our recovery is actually not hard for him to edgeguard even if we go high. Also, Bowser can upB OoS most of our boost approaches.

Samus is closer to even for us. I'll just quote what I wrote in the Samus boards:
Samus:ROB is pretty even. I play both chars at a fairly high level against other good players of the other char (ROB against Minty and Samus against Rubba Prime). Both of them have good things on each other that are pretty equal in weight. Both can poke and CC each other pretty well as well as edgeguard each other pretty hard. ROB can juggle Samus, counter-zone her projectiles (laser beats everything and gyro absorbs missiles and Charged Shot), reflect her projectiles while approaching on the ground, and he can kill her off the top fairly early. Samus can zair almost anything ROB is doing, she can play for extended periods of time while holding onto his gyro, and she can kill off the top early with anti-air usmash. She can also pressure his shield pretty easily, since he has no good OoS game. His shield is also easy to poke, and he's pretty comboable for Samus.
I don't think we have a +2 on DK. I'm not even sure we beat DK at all; it's probably even. DK can CC grab/tilt all of our tilts, jab, DA, and fair, and he can also juggle pretty well, even against us. His grab game is extremely annoying when he gets in. DK also has a surprisingly effective edgeguard game against us. Invincible ledgedrop upB stuffs literally all of ROB's low recovery options. UpB in general really limits our recovery options, and he can bair and nair pretty far/deep offstage and still make it back okay. He can even go kinda far out with a big fair and still recover. At neutral, lasers can stuff him pretty well, but it's still pretty awkward to deal with his speed and big hitboxes. Most chars beat DK on the premise that they can combo and edgeguard him extremely hard, but our combos on him are not that great and our edgeguards outside of hitting him with dair are not very great either. The fact that we can't really reliably kill him until 150+% is a big problem.

Squirtle I feel is actually kind of even. He kills floaties kinda early with usmash, dthrow, and upB combos, and he has an interesting two-pronged bait mix-up on us. He has moves with enough armor (all of his shell moves) to beat our tilts and fair, but he's fast enough to bait out our bigger moves and punish them afterwards. Also, Squirtle's pressure on us is kinda crazy, if only because we barely have OoS options to begin with and they are definitely not equipped for handling Squirtle. His dtilt is super safe, and I'm not even sure if we can shieldgrab it (I think it might work against CC as well). His crawl attack has armor and crosses us up. I don't even have to talk about how helpless we are if Squirt is behind our shield. His SideB bounce also isn't really punishable by us, even if we try to CC it. People earlier were complaining about Sonic, well I feel our MU against Squirt is basically a MU against a slighter slower Sonic with bigger hitboxes, more kill-power, and armor. Still even 'cause Squirt is super light and easy to gimp also.

Mewtwo I think beats us at least -1, maybe even -2. He's good at killing floaties, he's great at juggling, he has good anti-airs in utilt/smash/air, he has a good edgeguard against us, he recovers fine against us, and funnily enough, he can punish us for reflecting his Shadow Ball if he reads it. This MU isn't a -3 because our neutral game is fine against him and we can kill him kinda early if we land a vertical KO move.

Link is weird. Even isn't exactly a bad designation for him, but I feel that he beats us -1. His projectiles are stupidly good at cutting off our aerial mobility, and our ground reflector isn't much help if he angles his 'rang and doesn't chuck his bomb the moment he pulls it out. He also does a decent job at keeping us out with with practically his entire moveset. Link also gets to shieldgrab us for spacing ftilt, so that's super annoying, and I believe he can walk forwards against a thrown gyro because of his Hylian Shield. His projectiles also make recovering really annoying since he can make a web with angled rangs, arrows, and bombs, all he has to do is tag a boost to make life scary offstage.

I also think we lose to Zelda. Our weight means nothing against her. She has good vertical KO moves and her kick doesn't care about weight. She has good anti-airs in usmash and utilt. She also gets a free kick if we ftilt her shield, even when spaced. She also recovers fine against us. At neutral, it is really awkward to deal with all of her BS. She can place her Din's Fire at heights that restrict our boosts but are also awkward for us to get rid of. If we try to boost over them, she can teleport under us and usmash/utilt or jump nair. Din's Fire also messes with our recovery (this is turning into a theme; our recovery is not as crazy as most people like to think). At neutral, Zelda can also reflect our projectiles and she can land-cancel said reflector to make it hard to bait and punish. What we get is that she is floaty, so vertical KO options kill her early. There's always the fact that Zelda can always transform into one of our hardest MUs at any given moment.

I already explained earlier why I think we beat Sonic.

DDD I feel might beat ROB +1. DDD has some strengths on against heavy floaties (ROB, Samus, Zard, etc). If ROB doesn't DI his dthrow perfectly down and away, he gets a CG across the stage. On top of that, DDD is a master juggler. He has plenty of moves that completely out-space ROB's entire moveset, so he can stuff boost approaches. From a distance, Waddles block gyro toss, and his ftilt vastly outranges ours. To top it all off, DDD can edgeguard us. He can go out incredibly far, use pretty much any aerial to challenge our boosts, and then still recover. Meanwhile, we struggle to kill DDD before 150%. Looks more like a losing MU to me.

Wolf is even or +1 for us. His blaster works better for us than it does for him, so his neutral game is basically him without a blaster vs us and our big hitboxes and great aerial mobility. We can gimp him and he's the only spacee whose shine we can CC. Also, Wolf's kill options aren't great against heavyweights.

G&W is -2 or -3. Literally beats everything we can do. Bigger hitboxes than us on all accounts. We can't really punish his crap. Combos us like crazy and kills us ridiculously early on whatever side he chooses. He also edgeguards us really well. He can beat us coming in high, and he can go extremely deep to edgeguard us with some huge move and still recover. Bacon also cuts off our boost options. Our bad tech-roll means that his dthrow tech-chase is effective on us. The icing on the cake is that he can bucket the laser and get a fairly strong Oil Spill off of only one absorption.

Falco is even for us. We have great gimps on him, and while Falco can also edgeguard us somewhat well, it doesn't quite match what we have on him (and he will have a hard time killing without gimps). His lasers aren't as bad as Wolf's blasters, but they are still very usable for us if we read them. In fact, his lasers are part of an interesting mix-up where we can mess him up if we predict a laser but he can bait a grounded reflector with an empty hop and punish the attempt. On top of reflection shenanigans, we can boost over lasers and threaten him from the air as well. We can also punish Falco trying to top plat camp pretty well with uair pokes.

Diddy I think might only be a -1 for us. If we read a banana toss with a reflect, then we mess him up. ROB uses items very well, so if we get a banana in our hands, our glide tosses can be almost as lethal as Diddy's. Also, we have more ability than most to simply avoid landing on a banana with boosts, plus we can easily boost over a banana and scoop it up with a waveland. Lastly, we can edgeguard Diddy pretty well. I think this MU is still a -1 for us, though, because as a character, Diddy is simply better than us. He doesn't exactly need a banana to beat us. His pressure, combo game, and kill power are pretty good, and his peanut gun isn't a bad projectile in its own right. Also, Diddy can use our top against us better than most.

:mario2:: pretty sure this one is a +1 for ROB.
Why do you feel this way?

Last edited:

Tobb99

Smash Apprentice
Mario: When I play against Mario I feel like our CC game is just SO strong. CC D-smash takes out of many bad close quarter situation. Not only does it protect me, but often sets up for a combo as well. You could argue that if the Mario player has good DI he won't get combod, which probably is true in the end, but for me CC D-smash has worked wonders. Mario can also get Juggled pretty well with U-airs and N-airs. Mario dies quite early since he's floaty, and N-air becomes very dangerous if he's above ROB. I feel like edgeguards are good for ROB. I noticed that you can go quite aggressively on the edgeguards since if you hit a F-air it can mean death for Mario. D-throw combos are pretty OK as well. I can see it being a problem if Mario can set up his camp with Fireballs, but I usually plays more aggressive so he doesn't have the time, also I think ROB wins the camp with his transcendent Laser. Cape can be annoying, but mix up your timings when you use laser, do it when he doesn't expect you to. I think Mario got some solid combos on ROB if he get control of him and get him in the air. But getting the combo opportunity can be difficult I feel. At higher percents it becomes more trouble for Mario as he has to read more to get the kill. ROB is hard to edgeguard, and ROB has lot's of ways coming down from above. I also think D-throw > F-air stops working on high percents, and B-throw is stage dependent (good if you're close to the edge, bad if you're not) and can be survived with good DI. The thing I could see get this MU more in Mario advantage (not necessarily his favor) is his mobility, he got good wave dash and quick airials, but I still think it's a slight advantage to ROB, but maybe even.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I don't know what that question means. It's not a battle of both players crouch then simultaneously dsmash and whoever hits wins. So I don't know what the point of asking whose beats whose is. What I'm saying is, you can't CC mario's dsmash except maybe at very low percents- if the mario's dsmash frequently (which he should, it's one of his best moves) such as out of fireball approach, you're not going to be CCing him in return as much as you think. Neither ROB's nor mario's dsmashes are good just for CCing. They're also good for beating CCing before it can happen.

Tobb99

Smash Apprentice
Bad question by me. What I meant was if ROB could CC Mario's D-smash because of his weight, and then D-smash back. And ROB's D-smash is barely CC-able, and Mario is light. But if you can't CC Mario's D-smash, it could be a problem, but I think ROB's comes out faster so CC is still good, and you also CC other attacks from Mario I believe, like N-air and B-air, I don't think you can CC D-air however. Can you CC D-smash fireballs, if he tries to cover his approaches with them?

Tobb99

Smash Apprentice
I wonder what do you guys, Bubba, DF, think about Mario and Fox.

From the recent discussion, it seems like you guys don't think we have such an advantage against Mario as I expressed, so I wonder how good or bad you think the MU is.

Also I wonder about Fox. I've heard people saying that ROB is one of the few characters does well against him. I've also seen some great punish game on Fox especially out of throws. And edgeguards are really an advantage ROB has in this matchup, even though Fox can be tricky to edgeguard at times. But on the other hand, Fox is Fox, he has a solid neutral game with loads of good options. His pressure can be difficult to deal with, drill and bair seems particularly good. I've heard U-throw U-air can be difficult to pull of because of ROB being a floaty, but I'm not sure about this, but D-throw tech-chases should work well because of ROB's bad tech rolls. I don't think this MU is a -2 however, I'd say in the range of -1 to +1, but I have little experience of this MU.

Sneez

Smash Apprentice
Kneato Kneato this is my attempt at ROB's mu spread. I'd like to see what yours looks like DrinkingFood DrinkingFood

+2: Ganondorf

+1: Bowser, Falco, Ike, Jigglypuff, Lucas, Luigi, Mario, Marth, Ness, Olimar, Peach, Roy, Samus

0: Charizard, Diddy, Fox, Ivysaur, Kirby, Link, Lucario, Meta Knight, Mewtwo, Toon Link, Wolf, Yoshi, Zelda

-1: Captain Falcon, Dedede, Donkey Kong, Snake, Sheik, Wario

-2: Sonic, Game and Watch, ZSS

no high-level experience/not sure yet: IC's, Pikachu, Pit, Squirtle

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I think we lose slightly (-1) against Mario and Fox.

Mario beats us in the mid-range boxing game. We may out-range him in terms of tilts, but he can safely throw out fsmash and dsmash to counter those tilts. Mario also isn't as easy to juggle as you think. He can cape and B-reverse fireball to throw off his aerial mobility, and his dair has a lot of priority. It's also not so easy to edgeguard Mario. He can cape laser on reaction (this goes for neutral game as well), and he can cape gyro as well. His upB can sweetspot the ledge really well, and it also has a ton of priority. Also, can't Mario combo dthrow into fair pretty reliably at kill %'s? At neutral, we can reflect fireballs, but that isn't as useful as one would initially think since he can punish commitments to dealing with fireballs.

We get pretty good tech-chases and combos on Fox, and we also get good edgeguards, especially if we can make the 50-50-ish read with laser. However, neutral game is not fun. Fox can run and laser all day, and failed attempts to hit him can be punished with pretty big combos. Also, Fox's pressure on our shield is unreal. We don't have an OoS game, so we literally can't do anything to Fox OoS other than roll (can be usmashed on reaction), usmash (can be CC'd), or drop our shield and try to CC (loses to shine or other non-CC-able moves). Also, Fox actually has a pretty decent edeguard against us. Recovering low risks being shined and his bair can stuff most high approaches pretty well.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Not sold on losing to fox. You dramatically oversimplified the neutral. Of course we lose neutral to fox, but you left out a lot of the things that make us lose neutral only like 2/3 times to fox instead of like 9/10 times. Fox has a very hard time actually approaching and initiating pressure on ROB. Nothing he does really works that well except dair and run-in shine (and I guess grab, but out of those it has the worst ratio of coverage to commitment), and ROB's boosts give him excellent aerial shifting that make fox approaching with anything that doesn't cover air space (like nair does) very risky. We get to force him to approach with a lot of nairs by means of that kind of aggressive boost->fair spacing, especially if he's cornered, since that's what he uses to challenge fair head-on. And we have a few good ways to deal with nair, too, the best of which is probably CC or just DD baiting it out. We can also dash back->boost over nair->punish and give fox a hard time overshooting our DD, giving ROB's DD mediocre DD (it's actually worse than peach's in every way lel) an extra layer of potency. ROB's SH nair also works the same way- jump over the end of the approach (the bit of fox's nair as he's falling, how he times the nair during his arc doesn't matter so much as where he is in his jump arc) and have a hitbox out at basically the same time to punish without needing to react to anything. SH retreating nair is also fairly safe on whiff and on shield, with most of the commitment cost being the lengthy start-up and loss of stage positioning. Not to mention, fox laser camping gives us access to gyro, which is very dangerous for fox for so many reasons.

Also not sold on ROB beating falco or going even with wolf. I'd be confident we lose to both slightly actually. Unlike fox, both have tools to 1: lock us down out of boosts/jumping from a distance, 2: initiate safe pressure from a distance, 3: punish us harder than fox, and 4: beat CC with more tools than fox. Lasers for locking us down/linking into safe pressure from a distance; Falco has lolfalcocombos and wolf has very falcon-esque combos on top of a weight-immune throw; falco obviously also has dair and a very powerful shine to beat CC, while wolf mostly has nair with dair helping out in occasional scenarios but can also SH approach from much farther than either falco or fox can, on top of having comparable movement to fox for increased grabbing ability compared to falco.

Last edited:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I think we solidly disagree on key points in the MU, probably on how significant those points actually are at making ROB win/lose the MU. SH uair also beats CC, btw, although it's definitely a lot harder to uair a ROB who keeps on moving. I still think it is really easy to just shield on reaction to ROB boosting and then react accordingly once he commits to either attacking or boosting away. I do agree that boost fair is a really good punish option, but good Foxes will just commit less and run-away laser more when they are presented with the option. Fox's punish game on us is also almost as hard, if not actually as hard, on us as ours is on him, between waveshine x 6 > usmash if we're grounded and nair x 3 > uair/smash if we're airborne. His gimp game is fairly potent as well. Our recovery, while lengthy, is usually a little overrated (by non-ROB players) and Fox's recovery, while ultimately linear, is usually a little underrated. Also, being able to land uthrow > uair on us is pretty devastating. Essentially, if I understand our arguments correctly, you put a lot of weight in the fact that we have a good CC and our boost game gives us options to bait and punish actions out of Fox. I put a lot of weight in the fact that our boost game is reactable and our OoS game is terrible.

I think the same kind of fundamental disagreements go for Falco and Wolf (although I think we go even with Falco and either beat or go even with Wolf). Neither of those chars truly lock us out of boosts or jumping from a distance. Shield one Falco laser and you can ultimately jump before the next one hits unless Falco was already close enough to initiate pressure. Reflector on laser reads is also a thing. Once we're airborne, boosts above SH laser height are fine and Falco has to stop shooting to respect that. We can land and go back airborne or whatever. Falco doesn't have the mobility to easily avoid/bait our boost approach, nor does he have as good OoS options (his shine OoS is smaller and is usmash OoS can be CC'd) as Fox. He is also much easier to gimp or kill than Fox, although I do believe he potentially has a better edgeguarding game against us than Fox does, and he can't kill us outside of edgeguards as easily. Our CC works the same against him as it does against Fox - don't get daired or shined and you're fine - and Falco doesn't even have SH uair as an anti-CC option. Also, Falco's throws other than dthrow are bad. That and the fact that Falco has a harder time covering rolls while establishing pressure make our bad OoS game not as noticeable.

I'm not even sure how Wolf's lasers even benefit him anywhere outside of close-range where we don't have time to do anything. Once reflected, they're phenomenal tools for us. His shine is the only CC-able one and he probably has the worst anti-CC and kill options out of all the spacees. He does probably have the best recovery vs us, but he also has the worst edgeguarding game against us out of all the spacees. A gyro out also works wonders against both Wolf and Falco, since it gives us a very low committing option to deal with laser/blaster and they also have worse mobility than Fox.

Tobb99

Smash Apprentice
Went to a tourney last weekend, Azension, a 100 or so people tourney which had Project M. And I got some more matchup experience I'd like to share:

:dk2:

I think this MU is pretty even, maybe in either ones favor. ROB can camp DK pretty well and rack up the damage, but DK is very scary when he catches you as he can deal a f'ckload of damage. I played against a strong DK player called Moe. He was slightly better than me but it was still hard fighting DK.
First of I think camping is really good, and more so safe. You rack up free damage, and the projectiles can be difficult for DK to avoid. Secondly I think grabbing is good, something I should've done more. Since DK's so big he's more vulnerable to grabs. And if you get one, you might get a big punish since ROB's punish game out of grab is really strong. I'd do D-throw (or maybe U-throw) into F-air, U-airs, or U-tilt and U-smash.
For edgeguarding DK can be more annoying to edgeguard than you'd think. He's so heavy and got great horizontal recovery. If you try going for a F-smash, you can easily miss by DK either going right into you making you miss your timing, or the opposite, sweetspotting from very far away. So I think F-smash is a pretty risky option, but a high rewarding one if you hit. This might been a big reason that I lost the set, I always edgeguarded with F-smash. A better option I think is Side-B, theoretically it sounds very good as DK will have less mixups, and it sends him at a kind of steep angle as well. F-air might also be good, and U-air and B-air, idk.
As for stages, idk what's the best, I went to DS first thought I could live DK's strong moves, and edgeguard him. I think it doesn't favor any of the characters. Later I picked FD, since he used a lot of platforms, picking FD removes all kinds of platform movement. I think FD is the best stage, it's wide and doesn't have any platform for DK to avoid your projectiles. You should probably avoid small stages since DK can corner you more easily. Yet again I think the MU is pretty even.

:samus2:

I played against TonyMalone's Samus. A strong defensive spammy Samus. This MU is pretty much playing Smash 4 in PM, lol. I definitely think it's in ROB's favor however. As I said the Samus I played played very defensively so I'll cover what you could do against those Samus-players, you might need different strats if you face other types of Samus-players.
So this MU is pretty much Sm4sh as I said. The thing is that ROB's defensive game is actually stronger than Samus's. This is due to laser being angleble, and Gyro being an item, and lastly Side-B. So a lot of the focus will be dodging missiles and striking back with one of your own projectiles. Ways of dodging missiles vary depending on the height of the missiles. Some ways includes: Shielding, Attacking, Throw Gyro, Jumping, Double-Jumping, Ducking, Spot-dodging, Side-B. You might think that Side-B is OP in this MU and it kind of is, but it doesn't work at all kinds of missile heights, I think, and you have to be at the right distance and position since it has some start-up, or alternatively read a missile up closer. If you do read a missile or just reflect one, it can do crazy knockback. I've scored some KO's in the game by Side-Bing missiles and the missile would kill Samus.
Apart from playing the defensive game and just shooting a lot of stuff at each others, there can also occur some CQC at times. I think ROB also wins here. He just got better approaches with his boosts. Watch out for Samus's well-known anti-approach tools. Such as Wave-dashing back, D-smash, F-tilt, U-tilt, D-tilt, Dash-attack, Crawling, Crawl-tilt. One major thing up close seems to be ROB's D-smash, it seems to beat Samus's CC, which is huge. So you can boost-approach > D-smash to beat CC. Samus also got pretty bad OOS options as her grab is pretty bad, you should be ready for Up-B OOS however.
For killing Samus ROB has some different but great ways. Edgeguards, U-smash (Dacus), Boosted-airial, N-air, Boost-nair, Bair, U-throw. Dacus is really handy in these kinds of MU's where you have a very tanky character (but it also works really well on floatier too). It threatens Samus a lot knowing that you can cover landings so well and so fast and just kill her. It's kind of tricky as the Samus might think that she can land safely, but the you Dacus in and KO them. It's also good at closer range, you can sometimes throw it out when they're at higher %, and they might get hit by it due to the ground it covers, sometimes you can cross them up making it more safe.
When Samus recover it's mainly 2 phases. First one is far away where you want to use your projectiles, laser and gyro. The laser is pretty easy to hit with, but for the gyro you need a good snipe to hit her, it isn't a big deal if you miss however. The second phase is where she's getting closer to the stage. Here you want you be somewhat aggressive I think, and go and try to hit a F-air. If she tries to airdodge or do an obvious grapple, just go down and do a dropzone F-air.
When you recover against Samus, it's kind of easy, especially when you compare the other way around (Samus recovering). Try to go high, it's pretty much always better. Samus can cover horizontally with her missiles and charge-shot so going high neglects that. If you have a top platform it's even easier, lol. You can also cover your recovery with laser a gyro, works pretty well as in any MU I'd say.
For stages I'd say FD is really good simply because she got a tougher time spamming there. Platform-stages aren't bad, but it seems that you'll have to have a good platform-movement to thrive on those stages. Long stages are also good I think, small stages make it more tough for ROB and Samus can catch you easier and corner you. And stages with small blast-zones nullifies you recovery advantage.
Overall I'd say this is a 60-40 ROB's favor.

PM Bracket: https://smash.gg/tournament/azension/brackets/12649/27585/90750

Last edited:

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
If there's one thing I love doing in Smash Bros., it's dethroning tiers (defeating a lv.9 CPU using a character that has a significant disadvantage to the character I'm fighting), and when I saw the top said ROB sucks against Sheik, I couldn't resist.
So I booted up my copy of Brawl, put in the Project M SD card, went to the stage builder, and...my Wii U froze.
I unplugged the Wii U, plugged it back in, booted up my copy of Brawl, put in the Project M SD card, went to the stage builder, booted up Project M, selected my Project M main (ROB with the Virtual Boy color palette) and pitted myself against a lv.9 Sheik and...
...it took me three tries to pin her down. I give this round to the tiers.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
that's not really how tiers work tho lol

CPUs are not smart and tiers are related at all to how they play- a character could have amazing tools that makes them top tier due to how they excel in the most important matchups, but a CPU might never use them

Last edited:

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
that's not really how tiers work tho lol

CPUs are not smart and tiers are related at all to how they play- a character could have amazing tools that makes them top tier due to how they excel in the most important matchups, but a CPU might never use them
It's a joke. You really think some random dude who defeats a queen with a pawn in chess will declare the pawn as the most powerful chess piece?

Top Bottom