• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UTilt and DTilt killing and setups for killing Discussion

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
As you may or may not know UTilt is a decent kill move killing at roughly 150% on light and midweights when Lucario is at 100% at neutral stock.

What you may not know is DTilt is about just as great of a killer. Chances are at high % DTilt is more likely to not be fresh with our current playstyles. It may even kill sooner based on how far an opponent is to the side blast lines.

In a friendly on WiFi against Kamio I was using Falco and he was using Lucario. He was a stock up and he used DTilt on me when I was at 120% and he was at about 130%-140%. I airdodged thinking it wouldn't kill, but I flew over the horizon and died. We were both like O_o.

DTilt is a decent landing lag punishing move that can really help score some kills. We simply don't use it enough.

You know how difficult it is to land a killing move on an opponent that is at high % at times, it would be wise to keep your practical kill options in mind.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Myth I appreciate the knowledge but I think this was generally known.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
But its good if one wanted to check back on certain data or if a Newcario decided to look through threads... I feel it would be best to have this info out in the open, for easy reference and expanding people's knowledge.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think this would be better made into a thread of its own by one of the following approaches:

-Either a killing thread about thinking of what the opponent is going to do for getting hard read kills, or patiently chipping them away to high percent to land these safer move.

-Make it specifically about tilts and functions/niches they seem to fit, and finesse more detail about how these can be late killers in a pinch

or if you molded this into the metagame discussion. The info in here's a tad too generic/simplified to warrant a stand-alone thread by this information alone.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
A killing thread would be nice. I remember being initially put off by Lucario because I couldn't figure out how to actually kill my opponent with anything but DAir or FSmash, or somehow miraculously hitting with DSmash or USmash.

Amusingly, in the last tourney I was at, I took a stock off of Al.ly with USmash. The only kill I have ever gotten with USmash where there was nothing they could do about it. Ah, platforms.

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
I def don't use dtilt enough. I watch alot of Vids where people use it. I only use it to space or to edge guard if I don't want to go off stage. Can you dtilt to utilt if buffered correctly? I'ma try it.

Top Bottom