• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah__Tourney of Fate 11 Canceled (check op for link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
When do you plan on having the next ToF, Fate? My mom has approved of me coming to the next tournament but I need to know if I have any conflicts.
The best time for me, personally, would be the first weekend, but I don't know whether that would be a good idea at all considering its Jan 3rd and still Christmas Break.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Fixed the spelling on them sorry I thought thats you said Monkey ****** a box...and same for your team name PC.

When do you plan on having the next ToF, Fate? My mom has approved of me coming to the next tournament but I need to know if I have any conflicts.
The best time for me, personally, would be the first weekend, but I don't know whether that would be a good idea at all considering its Jan 3rd and still Christmas Break.
Ya the first Saturday of each month...this will make room for us to have other tournies at the store, we are talking about haveing halo at my store and Gears of War at our other one. I just didn't wanta put up the date for the next one just yet.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
they won't take either of them, they don't ever post. X is know about on the Sonic boards but the Sonic boards are treated as a joke and even with Dai-a being the best in UT, and won a big tourny in Colorado (and doesn't us MK) knowone has heard of him.
If I was around, I'd totally be a part of it.

*cries*

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I'll just ask him next time.

Out of all the Brawl matches I watch, I usually miss his for some reason...
I remember he played Falco and Wolf against me after I got his Ice Climbers, and I remember seeing him use Snake against Yaz's Meta Knight. If that helps at all.

I've somewhat decided since I stood up for Bowser, I'll be using ONLY Bowser on Thursday AND at MA10, just so no one else can use him. He's mine! And Ike, cause I've seen no one use him either, but I need practice with him before I use only him for a tourney.

I like using characters no one else uses. Makes me feel unique. It sucks when someone else uses them.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Hm, so it seems David lost both times (to Yaz and Lada) when he used Snake. You should have put him as Snake, as those were two of his more important match-ups.

Edit: I just realized that this is my 806th post, and it is also the 806th post of this thread...

YazYaz

Smash Apprentice
Hm, so it seems David lost both times (to Yaz and Lada) when he used Snake. You should have put him as Snake, as those were two of his more important match-ups.

Edit: I just realized that this is my 806th post, and it is also the 806th post of this thread...
He also lost to Kev and me using Falco the first match . . .

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
We're not talking about his placement on the Utah Power Rankings in ANY WAY (we're not even talking about the list itself). We're talking about the character(s) that he used, and which one should have been reported for the character rankings that's run by a person (of which I forgot his name).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I already edited my post at Ankoku's thread so it says Falco and Snake for Dai-A. Ankoku hasn't updated the list yet, so it's possible that he hasn't inputted the data for the ToF results yet.

If he has, oh well. I tried.

IceWolf252

Smash Rookie
I expect a bigger turn out next time as Wild, Joebag, DZLE, and Sam (Yet to have a cool name =P) all sounded interested. And if we get a few more wii's from Lanky, DLZE, the store and Joebag I will be more then willing to toss melee on one or two of them along with the cube.

Thank you all for comming and special thanks: Pier 49 for bringing us pizza sorry to any1 who didn't get any or only got a slice (Final), I might have to make some rule saying you only get 1 slice until everyone has gotten 1 just so this doesn't happen;

If you had any problems at ToF4 pm me and ill try to fix it for next time.
If you need an extra wii just give me a heads up and you can use mine. As for Pier 49 tell Kent to give you more pizzas!!! He's way cool and probably will. Also smashers, go eat at pier Wild and I(Joebag for those who don't know) both work there!!! and what day is the next tourney? I need to let Kent know soon.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
No as much as I hate him, and think he should be banned. C!Z made a good point about how we arn't fludded with MKs and until now they haven't been placing in the top 3. Also the SBR expressed there views on it a few weeks back. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206925
Yeah I am glad Utah doesn't have that many metas, and hope that it will never happen. I myself almost made a deal with satan and played him, but I never will!

EDIT: Also Fate if you are coming to MA, then bring that controller if you could

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
No as much as I hate him, and think he should be banned. C!Z made a good point about how we arn't fludded with MKs and until now they haven't been placing in the top 3. Also the SBR expressed there views on it a few weeks back. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206925
Oh ok, yah just wondering.

And guyz. I'm trying to find a different secondary because Olimar isnt working out for me anymore. So what are some characters that aren't really used that much at this tournament. Right now I'm thinking Peach or Marth...

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Umm underused characters? Everyone in utah is underused... (not enough people!) but yeah what kind of playstyle and character type are you looking for? Like floaty or heavy... I would say try out Wario... hes really good!

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Umm underused characters? Everyone in utah is underused... (not enough people!) but yeah what kind of playstyle and character type are you looking for? Like floaty or heavy... I would say try out Wario... hes really good!
Sounds good. I dont remember anyone using him. I try him every once in a while for fun but never competitively. I will practice tomorrow and see if I like em.

___X___

Smash Lord
Sounds good. I dont remember anyone using him. I try him every once in a while for fun but never competitively. I will practice tomorrow and see if I like em.
wario is too good...

anyways, heY! come to more tournaments with your brother!
you guys are good!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
If there is a character I want to see in more tournies, it's Wario or Luigi, just cause no one uses them.

Frankly, as long as you don't pick Bowser or Ike, I'm fine with whatever character you end up picking.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
wario is too good...

anyways, heY! come to more tournaments with your brother!
you guys are good!
My brother left on his mission this week. So there is a little problem there. :p
I will start coming to weeklies soon just school is bad right now. :/

harpuia190

Smash Ace
lets see characters no one uses?

Mario- Dai-a Kenny Rade
Luigi- Yaz Waff Staz(?)
Peach - Yaz
Bowser- Final Lanky
DK- Staz Dai-a Dryu
Diddy- Dryu Fate Kenny
Yoshi- Rade Spudz(?)
Wario- Rade Crea
Link- Ano
Zelda- Slave Waff
Ganon- ALL THE COOL PEOPLE
Toon Link- Rade Jelly
Samus- Waff
Zamus- Rade Final
Pit- Fate
Ice Climbers- Dai-a Kenny(?) Final FP
ROB- Lada Fate
Kirby- Waff Vazor
Metaknight- Yaz C!Z Zeth PC
DeDeDe- GOJIRA! X Dai-a(?)
Olimar- Kenny
Fox- Dryu(?) Staz(?) Rade
Falco- Dai-a Wangston C!Z(?)
Wolf- Dai-a
Captain Falcon- Wangston
Pikachu- Minato PC(?)
PT- a lot of people play him, just not in tourneys
Lucario- S@G3 IceWolf Laozy
Jigglypuff- W!LD
Marth- W!LD X Jelly(?)
Ike- Lanky Staz(?)
Ness- Rade Minato(?)
Lucas- Al-X or is he lucario?
G&W- Dryu
Snake- Kenny Lanky(?)
Sonic- NOBODY PLAYS SONIC

sorry if mistakes were made

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
What are you Rade?

Any way I removed all names of people I wasn't sure about on my wii, and any doubles so if you don't have a name any more sorry but you should all be there still. Please don't make several names on my wii it makes it take to long to get to mine and harder for people to find theirs.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
What are you Rade?

Any way I removed all names of people I wasn't sure about on my wii, and any doubles so if you don't have a name any more sorry but you should all be there still. Please don't make several names on my wii it makes it take to long to get to mine and harder for people to find theirs.
ha wow, just delete your old one and make it again so its on the top:)

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
To much work, and I don't like haveing say.....X having 5 names on my wii all haveing exactly the same controls just so he can say "look everyone im beating ____with ***s".

Any way you'll better come today.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
haha that list was almost 100% accurate rade! but I actually do use PT in tournaments, hes my second main!!!

lol also take away the question mark by my name on the fox one and put me down for lucas and kirby as well :)

DRYU EDIT: If kenny is going then i'll be there:]]

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
lets see characters no one uses?
Zelda- Slave Waff
Sonic- NOBODY PLAYS SONIC

sorry if mistakes were made

I play Zelda, too...but whatever, it's not like it matters that much. And LOL @ the Sonic comment.

ha wow, just delete your old one and make it again so its on the top:)
Duh...can't believe Fate didn't think of that before... (And if you have a lot of changes for the different controller types and you don't want to re-enter them all over, again, like I do for my own Wii, then transfer it to a WiiMote, then delete, then transfer back to the Wii.)
And don't say it's a lot of work. I'm sure in the long run, the time not spent scrolling down the long list will make up for it...

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I did think of that, but if we all keep deleting names, and making more all it does is make a circle, but I end up doing all the deleting and people still make more names cause they don't wanta go donw to theres.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I did think of that, but if we all keep deleting names, and making more all it does is make a circle, but I end up doing all the deleting and people still make more names cause they don't wanta go donw to theres.
Or...you can create every single possible combination of names in your list, and then yours; that way, they can't make more names as it's already there. It's not that hard, as there's ONLY about 100^5 or 10,000,000,000 possibilities. :p

harpuia190

Smash Ace
so when i made that list i tried to think of who people have used in tourneys at lest somewhat recently

of course there are discrepancies so ill edit it

but yeah i htink ill hold on to that list, could come in handy, and ill try to keep it 100% accurate!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You know, that's a pretty good list considering you made it off the top of your head.

And don't forget I use Sheik and Olimar as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom