• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

harpuia190

Smash Ace
wow smashboards real cool on copying us, except for skyworld

as for the list, actually i would like to see us discuss(maybe in the panel room) our starter stages

not like the set four but the starter/counterpick stages
Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

i would like to see lylat switched with halberd, but i think it should be discussed which category we want each of these

also
Counter/Banned
Distant Planet (moved from C)
Green Greens
Luigi's Mansion (moved from C)
Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Island (Pipes) (moved from C)
Norfair (moved from C)

i think we should discuss/clarify where we want all these too fit as well

Nul

Smash Apprentice
IMHO:

Starter/Counter
S:Halberd
S:Lylat Cruise

C:Castle Siege
C:pokémon Stadium 1

Counter/Banned
C:Distant Planet
C:Luigi's Mansion
C:Norfair

B:Green Greens
B:port Town Aero Dive
B:Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

I honestly think they screwed the Melee stages up except a couple to even be tourny worthy.

DZLE

Smash Master
IMO:
Starter/Counter
S:pokemon Stadium 1

C:Halberd
C:Castle Seige

Counter/Banned
C:port Town Aero Dive

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey *******es. I will be joining your smash scene next fall.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Why do you people put no homo so much? its annoying. We know that your not trying to be gay. Thats my job *******s. So, leave the homo **** to the straightest guy in the community.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Who the **** is Sinz?
If I recall correctly, he entered a Melee tournament at FTS's awhile back. I also think he watches anime (with is always a plus in my book :laugh:), but that I'm not too sure about. :ohwell: Anyway, it'll be cool to see you around, Sinz, since you were a cool guy the last time I saw you (let's hope that didn't change... :p).
But it does mean that you're still not eligible for the PR.
LOL DZLE just got Minato Burned
(aka Mini-to Burn)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
IMO:
Starter/Counter
S:pokemon Stadium 1

C:Halberd
C:Castle Seige

Counter/Banned
C:port Town Aero Dive

Dunno about PS1 being starter. Doesn't it have those weird glitches where you fall through the stage? That's my only complaint. Although Halberd being a starter would be sweet.

Agreed with DZLE except with previous inquisition.

Why do you people put no homo so much? its annoying. We know that your not trying to be gay. Thats my job *******s. So, leave the homo **** to the straightest guy in the community.
No matter if they are new to the scene, or just the new guy, new people are always the best to f*** around with. You'll have lots of fun with us...

No homo.

~Glory to the Hypno-Toad.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Yeah, I got a full ride to BYU. So, I am going to be ****ing around there. lol

Dai-A I play more than MK :) I am just trying to get him banned :D

C!Z

Smash Lord
Anybody who thinks MK should be banned needs to man up and take their skirt off.
Many options present themselves in this situation:
A-Man up.
B-Pick up MK.
C-Play a different game.
D-Realize that while he is a great character it was probably your fault you lost, i.e. what did he do that you weren't ready for? You've seen the character played who knows how many times.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Anybody who thinks MK should be banned needs to man up and take their skirt off.
Many options present themselves in this situation:
A-Man up.
B-Pick up MK.
C-Play a different game.
D-Realize that while he is a great character it was probably your fault you lost, i.e. what did he do that you weren't ready for? You've seen the character played who knows how many times.

And E, all of the above.

Honestly, if the thought comes across that one of the characters is ban material, you guys should realize that it isn't a well-made balanced game.

SkyRay

Smash Cadet
Its starting to get to the point where the winners choose metaknight, and the losers have a choice between switching to metaknight, or to brawl+.

There are a lot of people that don't want to spend even more time trying to figure out ways to beat MK, so they just make him their main, only adding to the problem, or quitting brawl and getting into brawl+.

I'm for the ban now, since getting rid of him would definitely add a ton more diversity to brawl, and there would be a lot less complaining from the non MK mains, and i'm not too interested in brawl+, so i'd rather have brawl saved then have to switch.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
LOL, MK is never going to be banned. While I agree with many of the points for the ban, I do not think they are strong enough to warrant the ban. MK can be beaten, even if he is the hardest character to beat. Just learn the matchup, because as things are now, MK will never be banned.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
So I'm definitely not going to any more official tournies, so I guess my "official" (rofl like I really went to anything) smash status is completely over. I start BYU in summer term, so although I'm planning on going to Blue Peach's events, I'll have my hands completely full (and my mom watching over my shoulder like a hawk to make sure I don't play any video games at all, rofl).

So there really isn't much point in me posting/talking with you guys anymore. Oh well.

Dai-A, I would totally WiFi you if I didn't have other crap to do. :(

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If Meta Knight was banned, I would quit Brawl.
It's not like I use him or anything like that.

I'd just lose faith in the Brawl scene.

So I'm definitely not going to any more official tournies, so I guess my "official" (rofl like I really went to anything) smash status is completely over. I start BYU in summer term, so although I'm planning on going to Blue Peach's events, I'll have my hands completely full (and my mom watching over my shoulder like a hawk to make sure I don't play any video games at all, rofl).
Geez, things are too strict for you.
It's a shame that you couldn't attend any more tourneys before the semester.

DZLE

Smash Master
@Ano no more fun DDD matches for you then.
@Sinz are you sure you wanna lose that much money to Dryu?
@Kenneth ahahah owned ano. kind of.

@MK being banned.

I have always voted against the ban. Kenny said it perfect. MK WILL NEVER BE BANNED. Actually, C!Z said it amazingly too. Man up. I stopped johning about MK long ago. You all need to stop as well.
Kenny Beats MK's like its butter. Why? He dedicated himself to learning the match up.
And if your not dedicated enough to learn the match up (just like you would with ANY CHARACTER), Then quit. Dont play anymore. Or, pick up MK yourself. Either way, no more whining.
MK is just a character. He has strong points of why he should be banned but even more more more more points of why he should not. Its obvious that he never will be, and thats the way it should be.

Top Bottom