• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
What's truly sad is that the books are about to get spoiled by the show.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Pfft... You wish. Next time, just don't get off the ledge when you actually play me in tournament. :p
And while we're on the subject, I might as well post what I put in the U of U facebook page.
The dumbest thing about the crew battle was that the U of U crew was limited in counterpick options due to BYU forcing me to come in last. It made all the difference when we were forced to bring in a Marth against a Sheik. Counterpicking is a major thing in crews, so this sort of handicap is very significant. I'll admit that @ RVKYS RVKYS outplayed me in our match, but BYU did not outplay U of U as a whole. Don't be too proud about the victory, BYU.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Your statement doesn't really disprove anything I said, since it was their last player, thus nothing about this affected them negatively. Personally, I think he should be ranked much higher, especially higher than a certain Samus player that thinks he knows everything about the game and always goes on to lecture people after they beat him.

Last edited:

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
You are definitely right PC, that was for sure a game changer. If we ever do a rematch that rule will not be in place.

(and no way that mu is 80-20 sheik. 60-40 at worst.)

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
What was the thinking behind forcing PC to go last? Are crew battle lineups not meant to be determined at the will of the crew? >_> Also on the subject of crews how about UC Berkley telling Irvine to bug off?

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
You are definitely right PC, that was for sure a game changer.
Don't give that to him dude. Marth-Sheik is 50/50 now due to advances/optimizations in marth's meta. Just because PC doesn't know that doesn't give him the right to lessen your win.
What was the thinking behind forcing PC to go last? Are crew battle lineups not meant to be determined at the will of the crew?
Everyone wanted to avoid PC taking like 12 stocks out the gate knowing he's the #1 player. And its not like both crews didn't agree to it.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
For those who got the EVO customs for Sm4sh last night; I made a mistake on Captain Falcon's 2111 EVO. it was accidentally set as 2332. Whoops.
shout outs to @Shane M for actually coming with his 3ds and setting up everyone's wii u. a lot of people talked about it, but you were the first one to actually do it :-p.

also, i stand by the decisions that were made for the crew battle. there was hype, there was back and forth, there were lead changes, there were upsets... it was a *good* crew battle. it even went to last stock! no johns people!

edit: @ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos with the burns... haha, wow.

Last edited:

Tacblack

Smash Apprentice
I mean let's be honest RVKYS clutched it. No one expected it. I should of played better really. Getting matched up against a sheik sucks because I have zero experience against decent sheiks. Like forget the MUs, because if you don't have MU experience you'll likely get BTFO.

PC's right though. Locking PC at the end isn't optimal for the U and favors only BYU. But obviously it was set up that way to have a more competitive crew battle (successful in that sense). After all, why did we lock PC in the first place? I think complaining about this implies that we couldn't have beaten BYU with that rule. Certainly I don't agree with that. I just think we played poorly.

I hate getting bopped on stream so I'm honestly still salty but it is what it is. Neville's posts on facebook don't really help >_>. Just learn to get better I guess. ggs.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
It was a sick crew battle lol I loved it. PC's chain grab hate was golden. Please do more I try and always stream monster and nothing makes me feel better about myself than egotistically correcting your commentators and telling players why they suck.

Tacblack

Smash Apprentice
It was a sick crew battle lol I loved it. PC's chain grab hate was golden. Please do more I try and always stream monster and nothing makes me feel better about myself than egotistically correcting your commentators and telling players why they suck.
@ RVKYS RVKYS is a god tier trash talker lol. " @ SoapSuds SoapSuds scared or he missed the L cancel. Probably both."

Last edited:

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
@ Tuesday Tuesday while I don't think it's that bad, I don't think falcon sheik is 50-50, personally like 55-45. Also thanks for tuning in, as always your condescension is much appreciated.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Everyone wanted to avoid PC taking like 12 stocks out the gate knowing he's the #1 player. And its not like both crews didn't agree to it.
Kk thanks for the quick answer. That seems fair enough, and keeps things competitive/interesting. But there's probably a better approach to it.

Also @ Tuesday Tuesday please keep correct me and other people. I crave not being dumb. <3

-Mars-

Smash Hero
What's truly sad is that the books are about to get spoiled by the show.
Yea George Martin needs to get off his ass and finish them he takes like 6 years per book he started this series when I was 4 for Christs sake. The books and show will have different endings and paths though, the show has already had significant changes to the books and they are almost caught up there is only one more major spoiler to yet take place on the show...should happen this season.

Stitch4

Smash Cadet
Pfft... You wish. Next time, just don't get off the ledge when you actually play me in tournament. :p
And while we're on the subject, I might as well post what I put in the U of U facebook page.
The dumbest thing about the crew battle was that the U of U crew was limited in counterpick options due to BYU forcing me to come in last. It made all the difference when we were forced to bring in a Marth against a Sheik. Counterpicking is a major thing in crews, so this sort of handicap is very significant. I'll admit that @ RVKYS RVKYS outplayed me in our match, but BYU did not outplay U of U as a whole. Don't be too proud about the victory, BYU.
BYU did not outplay U of U as a whole? Psshshshsh w/e. You just lucky that we didn't start with a prayer, or you woulda gotten whooped even harder.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
BYU did not outplay U of U as a whole? Psshshshsh w/e. You just lucky that we didn't start with a prayer, or you woulda gotten whooped even harder.
l... o... l... i literally almost spewed my drink with that comment :-p!

Tacblack

Smash Apprentice
Well this is the holy war.

Where can I sell my soul to Joseph Smith and acquire large amounts of tech skill and smash knowledge? Then I can change my smash tag to Tacblack the Holy One. Yes I see it now.... Only through our lord and savior's blessings would one be able to transcend to 40xx levels of smash goodliness. Where sticky walks come naturally and you are one with the Smash Gods. Let us pray to Joseph Smith and the Holy Ghost. For it is only through them that we can attain smash god status and rule the world of smash for eternity.

Amen.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
wow, armada still has it! i worried that he would get rusty with his peach with him picking up fox, but his performance against mango? wow.

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I'VE GOT IT. Gamer's Abbey crew: Me, Sinz, net, and Bill Nye.

You know, if SINZ ACTUALLY REMEMBERS WHEN MY TOURNAMENT IS.

Top Bottom