• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

B-801

Smash Rookie
if you can make it out to provo tonight, come check out wallcon at byu. we will be hosting a free smash 4 tournament. the tournament will start at 7:15 sharp. please register online and come early if you plan on attending. thanks!
I won't make it to Provo tonight, but I saw there is a weekly tomorrow night in SLC, I may check that out. I'll have to see if I am ready to get beat that badly yet :-)

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
It's all good. But yeah it all depends on where you're at. weeklies for smash 4 aren't as common as PM and the like but there is a few.

If you stick with this forum we help each other out by getting to tournaments and stuff.
thats what i mean't

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I think he meant for "Melee" to replace where he put "PM", but since he has PM on the brain due to his friends, he put PM there by mistake.

Last edited:

ThePoophandler

Smash Cadet
That was a tight weekly, University of Utah. Went 2-2, so if weeklies actually apply to the current power rankings I have to not lose only like 8 more matches before I win 60 to be number one, which is what's going to happen. You all better lock up your daughters and wives and stuff. Because we all know that players at the top of the Utah power rankings get laid like a bed of fish eggs.

@-Final Bummed we didn't get to play. Good to see at least one familiar face there.
@ SoapSuds SoapSuds Thanks for the matches boss. We should play together more.
@net1234 Well where the hell were you buttface? I'll go next week I can give you a ride if you need one.
@ Jekyll Jekyll I'm "secretly" obsessed with your life.

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
That was a tight weekly, University of Utah. Went 2-2, so if weeklies actually apply to the current power rankings I have to not lose only like 8 more matches before I win 60 to be number one, which is what's going to happen. You all better lock up your daughters and wives and stuff. Because we all know that players at the top of the Utah power rankings get laid like a bed of fish eggs.

@-Final Bummed we didn't get to play. Good to see at least one familiar face there.
@net1234 Well where the hell were you buttface? I'll go next week I can give you a ride if you need one.
that's not really how the rankings work. you can win a thousand matches, but if they're all against people around your skill level, it won't necessarily improve your rating. it will just reduce variance and give your rating a higher confidence.

also, not sure if everyone heard, but apparently x moved out of utah. so if you had a grudge match you wanted to settle with him, you'll have to go to colorado to do it :-p.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I feel a bit bittersweet about X moving away. XD Despite being a jerk a lot of the time, he still offered some decent competition for Utah to help people here improve.

ThePoophandler

Smash Cadet
I'm not actually talking about anything.

That said, what system do we use to generate rating? What events apply to that ranking?

wangston

Smash Lord
I'm getting married tomorrow. I will never see you guys ever again..... Maybe.....

It's been really. You guys are great. I wish I would have been more active over the last three years but work every weekend makes it hard to be active along with 50 hours of school a week.

I will occasionally go to smashfest around provo and if ever my wife is working Tuesday nights I'll go to the weeklies.

Much love to you all.

negativeX

Smash Apprentice
How long do the SLC weeklies usually go for?
And I'm pretty sure they do but while I'm here do they have melee?

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
How long do the SLC weeklies usually go for?
And I'm pretty sure they do but while I'm here do they have melee?
late. like 1am or something :-p. and yes, melee has had the strongest turnout on average, but smash 4 represented last time!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'm getting married tomorrow. I will never see you guys ever again..... Maybe.....

It's been really. You guys are great. I wish I would have been more active over the last three years but work every weekend makes it hard to be active along with 50 hours of school a week.

I will occasionally go to smashfest around provo and if ever my wife is working Tuesday nights I'll go to the weeklies.

Much love to you all.
Love you Wangston

Remioli

Smash Journeyman

Where are you living these days?

Where are you living? Send me your digits. We play at my place all the time.

Razgrizmerc

Smash Cadet
that's not really how the rankings work. you can win a thousand matches, but if they're all against people around your skill level, it won't necessarily improve your rating. it will just reduce variance and give your rating a higher confidence.

also, not sure if everyone heard, but apparently x moved out of utah. so if you had a grudge match you wanted to settle with him, you'll have to go to colorado to do it :-p.
Wait he's gone :(
I never got to play against him in PM
>.>

Clokw0rk

Smash Rookie
Where are you living these days?

Where are you living? Send me your digits. We play at my place all the time.
Don't answer, it's a trap. You can't trust anyone that asks the same question twice in one post, or anyone with low post count.

Stitch4

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts to BYU for being the best. Especially to @ N nqztv for being the best trash talker a team could ask for, and for @RVKYS playing out of his mind. Beating PC 4 stocks to 4 stocks, so hype.

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
Yo surprise surprise I'm in Salt Lake all day anybody up for some smashing?

If so, hit me up, my number is in the directory.

Last edited:

tomcrook

Smash Rookie
How many would be interested in a weekly fest Sunday nights downtown? We've got setups for everything except 64, space for plenty of people, and food nearby. It might be a nice excuse to get some friendlies in before weeklies

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
The late hit of falco's diar is even better than the first 0_0 wtf falco. More shield stun, higher launch speed. What a good move lol @Logos Fox's shine is 33% bigger than falco's @Pumpinz

Last edited:

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
For those who got the EVO customs for Sm4sh last night; I made a mistake on Captain Falcon's 2111 EVO. it was accidentally set as 2332. Whoops.

Top Bottom