• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
@FelixTrapper: Yeah I'm in Layton, same neighborhood as Mars, and my main game is P:M, so I'm always down for that. :)

@anyone who thinks Brawl is the game around here: There's a ton of new people that mostly play P:M or Melee coming into the scene like Poe and I. I have a feeling P:M is gonna be a big thing now.

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
@FelixTrapper: Yeah I'm in Layton, same neighborhood as Mars, and my main game is P:M, so I'm always down for that. :)

@anyone who thinks Brawl is the game around here: There's a ton of new people that mostly play P:M or Melee coming into the scene like Poe and I. I have a feeling P:M is gonna be a big thing now.

P:M is my jam. i'd much rather have it be the thing than Brawl

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
As much as you would have it, Brawl will still be the main thing. But now that the "numbers" are definitely showing, multi-game tournaments can be had, like Zz is planning, and so am I.

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Brawl, until Smash 4 comes out. Then I'm sure all the noobs will be coming in by the hundreds to get "back into smash"

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
There will be an influx of players at that time, but that will be the most opportune time to be welcoming of people and show the "other games" with them, to help the scene grow.

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Yup. Hopefully we can get a good P:M scene going on. I think it's gonna work, especially if Smash 4 ends up being more like Brawl.

MVP

Smash Ace
Yup. Hopefully we can get a good P:M scene going on. I think it's gonna work, especially if Smash 4 ends up being more like Brawl.

dude. hit me or Jackyll up! we play like once or twice a week together. We also had Jekyll and Ebo come play too. Lets get a PM scence

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You guys should teach me P:M sometime, characters Id be willing to main include Yoshi, Bowser, Mario, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Charizard, and/or Mewtwo.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Ivysaur borken.

I've been playing around with 3.0. Think I'll go Wolf. Still...

#melee4lyf

wangston

Smash Lord
Please don't take this the wrong way. My problem with Melee is that it's an extremely technical game. There is an azzzz ton of shiz you have to do to be good at that game. Most people who come out of the wood works and that are new that say they prefer melee or PM over brawl aren't even good at melee or PM. How can someone prefer a game they suck at? You don't understand it on a deep enough level to be good at it. Don't get me wrong I love watching melee because i realize the huge amount of skill it takes to be truly good at the game. But some one who sucks at melee but loves the game are doing it for the wrong reasons.

I just say this because there was a kid at a BYU tournament that was spamming PM and how good it was and how much Brawl sucked. But he clearly sucked at PM and he was just saying it's a better game because it's what people say. I played him in Brawl in destroyed him. I took 20% and he was on his last stock and he quit because he said vanilla brawl sucks and PM is a much better game. I didn't have time to play him in PM or else I would've wrecked him at that to and I don't even play it.

If you love melee and I can beat you you should quit melee or you should actually learn how to really play so you can fully appreciate every thing it has to offer.

Just my two cents.

TL:DR

If you suck off melee but you suck at the game maybe you should practice and learn the game instead of sucking it off all the time.

Ignore this I'm just venting at scrubs. Sorry to any scrubs if this offended you. If you've never been to a tourney 999/1000 you are going to to wrecked.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
@Wangston
This is true if they're trying to say it's a better game. Someone who doesn't even fully understand the two games can't make the sort of analysis to say one is better than the other. But I honestly don't think you can say one is better than the other, regardless of your skill level of either.

But if they find it more fun, it really doesn't matter if they're good or not. A scrub who sucks at everything shouldn't just do nothing. Do what's more fun. Also, you don't have to be good to know how technical a game is. I know a lot of Fox tech that I can't even do, but I still know what I'm seeing when I see it. So I don't need the execution to understand its depth. And let's not forget, it takes YEARS to get to the level you're describing. Not just one or two. Several years, practicing practically daily. You said it yourself that these people are relatively new.

I don't care if you can beat me or not; if I love melee, that's what I'm gonna play. To me, it just seems like you've got a problem with people with a big mouth and no game. Which I agree with 100%

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Day 1 on WiFi I am going to wreck so many megaman scrubs. It is going to be glorious.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Will train and wreck everyone at PM.

Will train and wreck everyone at Melee.

Will train and wreck everyone at PSA.

Will train and wre- OH! CUTE BUTTERFLY! *prances off*

-Mars-

Smash Hero
At this lock in will there be 17 year old girls with purple hair? My friend wants to know

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Please don't take this the wrong way. My problem with Melee is that it's an extremely technical game. There is an azzzz ton of shiz you have to do to be good at that game. Most people who come out of the wood works and that are new that say they prefer melee or PM over brawl aren't even good at melee or PM. How can someone prefer a game they suck at? You don't understand it on a deep enough level to be good at it. Don't get me wrong I love watching melee because i realize the huge amount of skill it takes to be truly good at the game. But some one who sucks at melee but loves the game are doing it for the wrong reasons.

I just say this because there was a kid at a BYU tournament that was spamming PM and how good it was and how much Brawl sucked. But he clearly sucked at PM and he was just saying it's a better game because it's what people say. I played him in Brawl in destroyed him. I took 20% and he was on his last stock and he quit because he said vanilla brawl sucks and PM is a much better game. I didn't have time to play him in PM or else I would've wrecked him at that to and I don't even play it.

If you love melee and I can beat you you should quit melee or you should actually learn how to really play so you can fully appreciate every thing it has to offer.

Just my two cents.

If you suck off melee but you suck at the game maybe you should practice and learn the game instead of sucking it off all the time.

Ignore this I'm just venting at scrubs. Sorry to any scrubs if this offended you. If you've never been to a tourney 999/1000 you are going to to wrecked.
Good Games

and yea to all those so called pm players
dont lose to brawl players or else its just over for you

Roguay

Smash Journeyman

Just my two cents.

>"If you love melee and I can beat you, you should quit melee"
>"How can someone prefer a game they suck at?"

just let people have their opinion about the games damn, i'm sure you liked them before you even knew about the tournament scene. it's totally understandable that one game just isn't someone's thing, whether they can beat you or not

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It's when they start trash talking a game and they suck at the game they claim is better is when people have a problem. It's like those scrubs who play CoD and think fighting games are terrible but they themselves suck at shooters.

No one likes trash talk from scrubs.

wangston

Smash Lord
Lol I meant to say scrubs. Yeah I just have been tired of so many scrubs. But yes if you prefer melee that cool. Just don't be so scrubby. I guess what i'm trying to say is scrubs are the scrubbiest.

I'm not trying to say all the new people on here are scrubs either. I'm talking about the people who have no idea about what competitive smash is and they talk crap on any version of the game but they really don't play either game competitively.

Rayn of Utah

Smash Cadet
Hey dudes. It's been a while, hey Kenny. I still have your memory card from like. Seven months ago... I need to get the thing back to you.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Haha yeah, I remember that. You should come to something sometime! It's been too long.

As for the whole scrub thing, I am kind of with Wangston. I've seen so many people bash brawl and suck off melee for being a much deeper game, and then be so bad at melee they can't even implement wave dashing or dash dancing effectively. Sure, melee might be a deeper game, but the level of many of these people is so low that they wouldn't even be able to stand a chance in brawl which is a "shallow, easy game that takes no skill" let alone beat some brawl only players like myself at their own game. I'm fine with people preferring melee and see why it appeals to certain people more, it's just that the amount of melee players that bash on brawl (referring to no one in particular) gets annoying, especially when they're not even at a competitive level in melee. No offense meant towards anyone.

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
And just to be clear, I love Brawl. I love all the Smash games, and they all take different types of skill. I do prefer P:M, and even though I'm probably not the best at it, I'm willing to try hard to get better. Nothing wrong with that, right?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
There's a difference Shiro: You have experience in a competitive sense, and understand what's possible to a certain degree. I think what's being try to said is people preferring one game over another out of sheer ignorance, jumping on the bandwagon, have an uneducated opinion. That's basically the same as saying "I like Sony and because of that Microsoft sucks." There's no good opinion there, just a loose argument that has no foundation whatsoever.

Klemintine

Smash Rookie
So, scrubby question (I'm new here don't judge me too harshly) but can I get some more info on the Lock In tomorrow?? Like, I don't even know what a Lock In is.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Sure.
https://www.facebook.com/events/476490275804460

You pay 10 bucks, doors close at 10PM, and you get a night of gaming at the arcade.
This is my first time here, so I'm not sure if the machines are on free play or not for the night.

There will be consoles set up in a room as well. I'll have Melee/P:M running, and I think Tsuteto's going to have a smash setup as well.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Some machines aren't due simply to it being incapable. But yes, $10 gets you in. If you come before 11 pm, you will have to pay the normal arcade entry fee. After 11 PM will be just the pick-up fee, but machines won't start going on free play until 1 AM due to that being the actual arcade closing time. We can overtake the big screen tv's that are hooked up to the arcade machines at this time as well.

Top Bottom