• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Guys, I finally put good music on my laptop.

Went from like, 200 songs to 2429 songs all of a sudden, wtf.

xGojirax

Smash Rookie
Me and the Japanese dude will be coming, I just need details

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
OKAY WHO NEEDS A RIDE? IF YOU CAN GET A RIDE FROM SOMEONE ELSE THAT WOULD BE GREAT. IF NOT CALLME
HERES MY NUMBER 801-380-3041

:phone:

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Looks like there's going to be a good turn out. Since there are some people that can't view the link, I'll post the info here.

We are coming up on our third tournament here in Provo! I will be continually updating this post and filling in more information as it gets closer.

The tournament is on it's way this Saturday. Here is some more information! This week we ARE playing with the Unity Ruleset Committee's ruleset. Next tournament we will give the Japanese ruleset a try.

Start Times are as follows: (Subject to change, but we will do what we can to keep this schedule)
Brawl Doubles:11:00-
Brawl Singles: 12:30-
Melee Singles: 3:00-

Entry Fees are as follows:

Brawl Singles:$3
Brawl Doubles:$4($2 per teammate)
Melee Singles:$3
(I wish we had more interest in 64! If there are people who want to enter 64 please let me know! If we do, entry fee will probably be only $2.)

Brawl Unity Ruleset Committee Ruleset:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032

Melee Ruleset:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257229

64 ruleset:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295918

We have not set aside exact times for events, but they will go in this order:

Brawl Doubles
Brawl Singles
Melee Singles
(64 Singles)

Also, new information:

For Brawl Singles, we will be trying out using pools. For those of you unfamiliar with pools, let me explain.

You will be put into a "pool" with around 4 or 5 other smashers. You will then have the opportunity to play everyone in your pool. The top two(based on number of wins) out of every pool will then move on and be put into a double elimination bracket. This will give us all a chance to play more!

We will try to get things running smoother this tournament. We know there were some problems where people had to wait hours for a match at the last one. Different people will be running Bracket/Signups, so we will see whether we improve or fail even more.

Thanks so much, and I will be updating with the estimated starting times soon!

Travis/Jellyfishn

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
PLEASE bring a setup if you can everyone!We are trying Pools out and need as many TVs and Wiis as possible.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
PLANET MARZ
You should pick up Sephiroth and I since we're kinda on the way
Ok dood. The plan right now is that i'm going and i'll get you guys but just a fair warning.....I have a math test and 2 quizzes that I absolutely have to get done before Spring break and tomorrow is the last day that the testing center is open at Weber State so yea.

I should be able to finish those really fast in the morning but if not I won't be going.

-Sam

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
I'll be in Salt Lake around 11

-Sam

Edit: Oh yea guess you guys we'll be missing doubles if you come with me, so if you really want to do doubles probly should find somebody else to ride with.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Thanks so much to everyone that came! Couldn't have done it without you!! By the way, I think someone accidentally took off with my platinum controller and one of my wiimotes. The controller has some Japanese written on the back, and I lent it out when you guys were playing mario kart. The wiimote probably has Japanese on the inside of the battery cover too. Please let me know if you have them! Thanks!

Top Bottom