• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

___X___

Smash Lord
Registered for tomorrow. I suggest you all don't come, unless you want to lose. Follow Yaz's example. (LMAO)

On another note, we are also confirmed for Wang's Smashfest. We will bring all we can bring, especially our melee skills.

Gawd, I LOVE THE UTAH SMASH SCENE.
I love knowing that no matter what, we will always have something to do on be weekends... SMASH WITH BEST FRANS.

:phone:

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
For this smashfest to work, we really need more setups. As wang said, we have 2 tv's and 1 wii already. I think we should have at least one more tv, if not two, and wiis for each tv.

It will be starting around 6:00 pm at the address mentioned above.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I find it kind of ironic that the first person to meet up with a new Smasher to the community is someone that's been inactive in the community for years. (Even longer than missionaries that have recently returned.) :chuckle:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
^ Not true. I met Gojira at smashfests and stuff AFTER Kenny and friends left, and Im POSITIVE about that as I never was in the scene when they were, as I joined literally days after they left.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
If you're talking about at gangstakirby's place, that was them dropping by due to being in town for Street Fighter stuff, and only stayed for a bit before heading to their tournament. I hardly consider that as being active in the Smash community.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
No, he had been to a few smashfests (although I do also remember him at gkirbs).

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Double post. So the tourney is at neumont university and it looks like there is going to be a pretty good turnout. Hope to see you all there. It starts at three.

:phone:

xGojirax

Smash Rookie
This new guy knows his Mewtwo ****. His tech chasing ability with instant air teleport is ****ing stupid. His DJC combos are ****ing insane, his wall-of-pain Edge-guard is too ****ing good and not to mention he knows how to smash DI. All I can say is.....I hope someone somewhere (in Utah) somehow knows the Mewtwo match-up.

Mister JouzuMurasaki, Good freaking games. Even on Yoshi's story I barley took three stock because of an accidental up-tilt during one of your double jump cancels........

I am really excited to see him in action vs the good Utah folks.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
This new guy knows his Mewtwo ****. His tech chasing ability with instant air teleport is ****ing stupid. His DJC combos are ****ing insane, his wall-of-pain Edge-guard is too ****ing good and not to mention he knows how to smash DI. All I can say is.....I hope someone somewhere (in Utah) somehow knows the Mewtwo match-up.

Mister JouzuMurasaki, Good freaking games. Even on Yoshi's story I barley took three stock because of an accidental up-tilt during one of your double jump cancels........

I am really excited to see him in action vs the good Utah folks.
Mewtwo isn't that bad. just play against Taj a bunch and you'll be fine.

Flying J

Smash Rookie
I was just wondering what happened to the smash crowd. Seems a lot of you I knew from 2-3 years ago are still playing. How's every one doing?

wangston

Smash Lord
I was just wondering what happened to the smash crowd. Seems a lot of you I knew from 2-3 years ago are still playing. How's every one doing?
FLYING J!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!!!

Everyone that used to play like 8 smashers just got back from their missions so the scene is being revived. You should for sure get back into smash.

Flying J

Smash Rookie

Everyone that used to play like 8 smashers just got back from their missions so the scene is being revived. You should for sure get back into smash.
Its been two years since I last played, I don't even own a wii anymore; but I guess I can show up to a few smashfests (they still called that?), I knew I kept my old gamecube controller for something.

XDDD

Smash Rookie
Tourney was great.
GGs everyone.
Love u all.
<3

Edit:
All my/Shiro's BRSTMs for DS4.
http://www.mediafire.com/?4fjtxmyvf1ymo
The Japanese music is on BF, Frigate (Paper moon), SV (idk song name what is it Seph?). Lots of Nemesistheory music, Dragon Rider etc.
Just find the code names for the songs and test them I guess
GLHFDD

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

The scene was never dead... In fact, outside of the first Neumont tournament, we had a higher attendance average per tournament before you guys came back lol.

xGojirax

Smash Rookie
The scene was never dead... In fact, outside of the first Neumont tournament, we had a higher attendance average per tournament before you guys came back lol.
On average what is the show up for Melee tournaments and do you seed them or just do random?

-Final-

Aria♪
The melee turnout is not that great, unfortunately (almost nobody would show up if there wasn't any brawl). Most of the Brawl crowd is usually willing to enter a melee tourney at smash events, though.

Sorry I've been practically ignoring the smash scene the past few months. I'm way too busy with other things. :/

:quill:

xGojirax

Smash Rookie
The melee turnout is not that great, unfortunately (almost nobody would show up if there wasn't any brawl). Most of the Brawl crowd is usually willing to enter a melee tourney at smash events, though.

Sorry I've been practically ignoring the smash scene the past few months. I'm way too busy with other things. :/

:quill:
This means their is little reason for me to return lolz

xGojirax

Smash Rookie
I'll still rest you as many times as you're willing to come back and play me ;)
You still play jigglypuff? Well, I plan on coming to one more tournament just to retire. If you want to get ***** by Bowser in a 8-2 in jiggs favor match-up ill be more than happy to do that =P.

xGojirax

Smash Rookie
I want to know the exact amount, since I've lost count, myself! XD
See here is the thing though, before I left to join the SF community, I never said I was going to retire despite the fact that I did lolz. So I am going to come to one last tourney and then say my goodbyes.

PC, if I go you should get the newest build of project M.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Hey all, just a reminded that the Sandy Nickelcade Lock-In is less than two weeks away! I've been busy lately so haven't been too active lately, but hopefully I can still get a smash tourney set up for the lock-in.

Question to you all though: Would you rather have an entry fee for the tournament at the lock-in for a split cash prize, or no entry fee with a smaller cash prize (probably only to first and second places)? Haven't figured details in regards to that specifically, but just figured I'd get your input. It's $10 for pre-reg of the venue, $15 at the door, and I'm thinking for tournament for a $2 single entry fee, $3 for teams (unless y'all want it differently).

Lemme know!

Top Bottom