• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Roksys

Smash Rookie
NNID
Skolroksys
3DS FC
3496-9838-7131
Mornin' from Murray, everybody!
Just joined up and looking forward to hitting up the Taylorsville weeklies at the least. :D

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Missionaries sent
I've already dealt with the local missionaries last month. My previous room mates tried to have a revival of faith thing with me.

Didn't go so well for them.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Dai-A, my man! I came looking for codes too, they seem pretty sparse. The new one's looking better than Brawl, but having gotten into Project-M a little bit, it still looks likes it's most likely going to be disappointing tourny-wise. I still have some hope though.

Last edited:

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Dai-A, my man! I came looking for codes too, they seem pretty sparse. The new one's looking better than Brawl, but having gotten into Project-M a little but, it still looks likes it's most likely going to be disappoint tourny-wise. I still have some hope though.
It's been so long since I've heard from you , I had no idea you still lurked the forums.
What qualifications had to be met for Nintendo to email codes? Was it for something club Nintendo related? I was watching the game play and you couldn't have said it any better, it does look like it will disappoint tourney wise. Project M doesn't seem to be dying out anytime soon.

lengeta

Smash Ace
I don't visit the forums anymore, really. Haven't been into Smash too much since Brawl originally killed Melee (glad to see it alive and well even though I never play it anymore). I've been playing some PM, mostly Lucas, but I'm pretty trash. Enough things are just different enough to mess up my play-style.

For the demo codes, I believe you had to be opt-in on the 3DS store notifications before a certain date, not sure though, but apparently they gave 4 codes which is why some were bouncing around. I'll probably just wait till the 19th, just popped in to see if they were readily available, I'm not planning on buying for the 3DS anyway (unless it turns out it's really, really good).

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ Roguay Roguay check out the videos here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqiugT9KT1qTMM5ur_WDJptec42izp9ne. all the recordings are there including the money match and the finals. sorry it took so long. i was waiting until a youtube channel was set up for the scene to upload them, but i guess that's too long to wait :-p.

for anyone that cares, the singles' results for staz's tournament are:

brawl
1. x
2. smoom
3. ladaman

pm
1. x
2. casture
3. ben coffman

melee
1. staz
2. death arcana
3. rockmix

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You know PM is bad when someone with the tag Ben Coffman takes top 3. Cant even gamer tag.

Last edited:

Gojirakaiju

Smash Rookie
Holy mother of god if it isn't Layne......holy **** that came out of a butthole!

Ahem I am back, lets play Melee!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Pssh, we all know the REAL reason you dont want to play Smash 4 is cuz its not Melee, you dont have to blame it on the new fsmash, come on man.

Last edited:

Gojirakaiju

Smash Rookie
Pssh, we all know the REAL reason you dont want to play Smash 4 is cuz its not Melee, you dont have to blame it on the new fsmash, come on man.
I have seen the game in action enough but have yet to play it. It is brawl minus tripping.

If I play it I am playing Pac-man, Pika (can actually combo at multiple percents) or Charizard.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Played some of the demo at staz's tourney and I ****ing loved it. It's not brawl and it's not melee. It's its own game.

Also link does suck anymore.

EDIT:
Also this OST is making me hard as diamonds.

Last edited:

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
@ Roguay Roguay check out the videos here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqiugT9KT1qTMM5ur_WDJptec42izp9ne. all the recordings are there including the money match and the finals. sorry it took so long. i was waiting until a youtube channel was set up for the scene to upload them, but i guess that's too long to wait :-p.

for anyone that cares, the singles' results for staz's tournament are:

brawl
1. x
2. smoom
3. ladaman

pm
1. x
2. casture
3. ben coffman

melee
1. staz
2. death arcana
3. rockmix
When was this and why didnt anyone post about it?

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Mmmm dat duck hunt :3

Here's some pictures I took last night at Staz's tourney, there was like 65 total but most came out overexposed/otherwise unimpressive (Like @ Rockmix Rockmix I had a couple of you, but they all had gross motion blur) so here's just a handful of the ones I really liked/think turned out nicely. I'll try to tag who I can, though I don't know a lot of the people's names so feel free to help me out! Wish I had taken more, especially as more people showed up around 7:00. If there's demand I'll definitely come to more tourneys and take more pictures--my setups pretty nice and I'm actually wanting to get into event photography/video.

Spoilered because size and volume of pictures:

EDIT: If anyone wants to see them, I can upload some of the crappier (in my opinion) ones.

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I asked where it was and got a troll answer as the only answer so I didn't go.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Id definitely go to a smash 4 demo tourney if someone ran one.

Just make the rules be lowest percent wins when it goes to sudden death and do FD only.

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
I asked where it was and got a troll answer as the only answer so I didn't go.
My apologies, I saw that and could've answered. I'm pretty upset about this right now; our scene is really weak already and we do things that make it weaker.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
I think a simple but strong thing for the scene will be not having Facebook events and pages private. Seems like nothing but I feel like it makes a huge difference when it comes to getting people involved.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Also maybe this is just me, but I feel like we're not as close knit as some of the other scenes. We need a strong sense of community imo.

EDIT: Keep in mind my perspective is probably not the best to go off of since I've literally only been in the scene since late April. :/

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
All opinions are valid and taken with a grain of salt. I mean... cool story bro. I mean... we hear yo- SQUIRREL!

No, really, opinions are good, no matter how long you've been in the scene.

I'm also going to apologize. I'll be around to run the weeklies this week, but I'm currently moving to my new apartment. Just so you guys know what's in the works and what I'm hoping to push:

*Amateur brackets. It's time, and can be a good push. Gives a better entry for new players, while still a good pay for the pro players.
*A third venue. Wanting to set that up for Thursday nights in the SLC area, thinking Kafeneio's and working some sort of deal with them.
*College scenes. Would love to see crew battles happen between college's top players or the likes. Plus, lets face it, you college kids are going to be the biggest part of the scene in the long run (sorry net, no plans for kindergarten leagues yet).
*Gamer's Abbey website - This will better facilitate what's happening when and where, since I want to make a calendar thing that will have what's happening, with the ability to sort by the type of game or what not.
*A Smasher's Tale - Nov 8th is what I'm thinking of. Give me input by the end of this week.
*Idaho has a bigger tournament in the works for end of November. Keep planned yo.

And just to re-emphasize those last two:

*A Smasher's Tale - Nov 8th is what I'm thinking of. Give me input by the end of this week.
*Idaho has a bigger tournament in the works for end of November. Keep planned yo.

Last edited:

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
*Amateur brackets. It's time, and can be a good push. Gives a better entry for new players, while still a good pay for the pro players.
I definitely think this is a positive step forward: It'll help maintain interest in the scene and give more tourney matches to those who need them...

...also I am the amateur bracket king. It's me.

Me, rogay, and his scrub friends would whoop any college any day of the week
the challenge has been issued- COMING THIS NOV 8TH: SCRUB 15yos VS THE REST OF UT

The crews event we've all been waiting for!

ps yo Tsu, can we make this a real thing?

(pps who's all at byu/uofu and/or who reps them on the board btw?)

Last edited:
Top Bottom