• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Yo Nintendo, I love you, but if you're gonna do something like this, maybe have more than one setup? More than one location per state? They've done this stuff before and it has been hours to wait each time. How hard would it be to get multiple setups in there and cut the waiting time by multiple orders of magnitude?

SoCal only had one location I heard. That best buy probably burned to the ground.
SoCal had like.... 4... but that' only 4 out of the bagillions of best buys

Hatch Backward

Smash Apprentice
so not to hijack everyone's train of thought about smash 4, but i talked with my friend who owns a game store. he's up to do a weekly at his store and they have an internet connection, so we may be able to set up a stream if we wanted to. are there any days of the week that work better for you guys? mondays and tuesdays are his least busy nights. other nights we'd have to share the place with magic, yu-gi-oh, or other tabletop players. also how long/from what time to what time would make it worthwhile for those of you outside of provo to make the trip? also, what about entry fees? what would be low enough that it wouldn't be too much of a barrier to entry, but high enough that it'll contribute enough to a prize pool? anyway, still in the beginning stages of setting these things up, but if you guys have any input on it, let me know. thanks!!
I get off work at 7:00 on both of those days, so I'd prefer if it went until at least 10:00. Entry fees more than $5 would make me shy away.

EDIT went to the best buy smashfest. in line for 2 hours and played the 3ds version as greninja for 30 seconds.

greninja can wall jump/cling, dash dancing is no (even just initial full dash back and forth sucks. ending lag on dash is horrible) , and water shuriken blasts off on charge. no holding it for later like charge shot. It charges really fast though. didn't get enough time to discover anything else.

Last edited:

Tuesday

Smash Ace
SoCal had like.... 4... but that' only 4 out of the bagillions of best buys
There was one literally across the street from the mall where I work. I worked today, but I jumped over because I convinced my boss I could be a spy.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
@ Z'zgashi Z'zgashi Yoshi can jump OoS now
http://smashboards.com/threads/just-played-yoshi-on-the-3ds.357982/#post-16882034

Also, just thought Id point this out. If you count the Mii options as 3 separate characters (Brawler, Fighter, and Gunner), then that now makes a total of 35 confirmed character, the same amount of character slots on Brawl's character select screen. I know there's technically 39 when you separate ZSS, Sheik, and PT's Pokemon, but regardless, there's basically already a Brawl sized roster, and thats without the leaked Falco, the basically guaranteed Falcon/Ness, without Jiggs/Ganon/Meta Knight/Wario/ICs/GW, without a few less likely veterans, without any other newcomers, etc.

Last edited:

Tacblack

Smash Apprentice
Does anybody remember if Brawl played the same at e3 as it does now? Did they change any of the mechanics? Just curious.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Alright people. Because I'm still salty that I couldn't play, I'm planning on going Saturday early af. I'm talking Friday night. I have dolphin on my laptop and tested it with a GC to USB adapter, so it for sure can play brawl/Melee/PM. So if people wanna join me late Friday night (like 11:00 PM), then you're welcome to. If you have a USB to GC controller adapter then please bring that too. Dolphin will make life much happier for everyone involved. Text me if you're interested. I really wanna ****ing play this game.

My number: 801228721one

Last edited:

OkamiFur

Smash Cadet
NNID
OkamiFur
Is there anyone else interested in going back to Best Buy this Saturday?

@ N nqztv do you know if your friend is okay with us coming over on a weekend?

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Ugh, half tempted, but super drained this week from too much work after the lock in. I'll probably just come early Saturday morning

OkamiFur

Smash Cadet
NNID
OkamiFur
Well, if there are a few people going, then it would be nice to try to get a group playing together so we can get a chance to really test out the mechanics without interruption from other people trying to go for the win.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Absolutely. We would need a minimum of six people to essentially safely try such a thing out. Would be sweet to gather together en masse like that. I won't be arriving until about 9 though. I need some damn sleep

OkamiFur

Smash Cadet
NNID
OkamiFur
Absolutely. We would need a minimum of six people to essentially safely try such a thing out. Would be sweet to gather together en masse like that. I won't be arriving until about 9 though. I need some damn sleep
Unfortunately, I'll be finishing up some paperwork at work Saturday morning. I probably won't be off work until 11:00 or 12:00.

Steezy22

Smash Cadet
Yesterdays line was a tease and I really want to go hard today! Is anyone down to fest? I can travel or host either way.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
So are any of you guys up to be first in line by going tomorrow night/Saturday morning? I'm gonna bring dolphin so we can smash the whole time.

Steezy22

Smash Cadet
Alright people. Because I'm still salty that I couldn't play, I'm planning on going Saturday early af. I'm talking Friday night. I have dolphin on my laptop and tested it with a GC to USB adapter, so it for sure can play brawl/Melee/PM. So if people wanna join me late Friday night (like 11:00 PM), then you're welcome to. If you have a USB to GC controller adapter then please bring that too. Dolphin will make life much happier for everyone involved. Text me if you're interested. I really wanna ****ing play this game.

Oh man! That's sucks! How close did you guys get? I'm actually glad I left now ha

Steezy22

Smash Cadet
So are any of you guys up to be first in line by going tomorrow night/Saturday morning? I'm gonna bring dolphin so we can smash the whole time.
I'm pretty sure I'm down. I'm gonna text you for me details

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
I can come in the morning

And I don't get why everyone wants to try mechanics so bad. I mean you only got 2 minutes, janky controllers, items, etc. Just have some fun. You can lab all you want when the game comes out

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
I can come in the morning

And I don't get why everyone wants to try mechanics so bad. I mean you only got 2 minutes, janky controllers, items, etc. Just have some fun. You can lab all you want when the game comes out
Do it. Idk how people will react to saving spots in line but you're welcome to try.

I wanna lab it out now so I can start processing how I'm gonna play it for when it comes out.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
I can be there really early like 8 or something, so I don't think there will be much of a line

OkamiFur

Smash Cadet
NNID
OkamiFur
Sorry to say, but it sounds like I'll probably miss you guys on Saturday due to work. I'm still planning on going back to Best Buy, but I don't think I'll be there by the time everyone else gets in line. I likely won't be able to show up until noon.

I'm definitely down for some smash tonight if anyone wants to play, though.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well i get off work at like 7:15-7:30ish and the drive back is like 30 mins and maybe more if theres traffic, I can show up around 8:00-8:10.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Oh ****, Smash with Ground bounces? That sounds OP, cant wait to Yoshi fair > Yoshi's new Fox upsmash lol.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I dont get why people get so pissy over time outs. Its a good strategy when the timer is low and you have a lead, one of the best in fact, so why get so mad when people, in a competitive game, use the best option?

Top Bottom