• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
i grabbed a new ticket at city creek every 3 hours so it only cost me $2 for every 3 hours. if you do any shopping or eating at city creek, you should be able to validate your parking as well. it may not be vegas where the parking is free almost everywhere, but imo, compared to every other major city, it's not too bad.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Moving on Wednesday, chance gone, bye forever Utahhhhh.

Unless there's a farewell fest for Jekyll or something.

Hatch Backward

Smash Apprentice
Why do people keep thinking this is a good idea? Beating Devon, given his character and play style, is probably more difficult than beating me, yet NOBODY WILL MONEY MATCH ME.

Shout outs to @ Hatch Backward Hatch Backward for being the only one, agreeing only after picking Mewtwo as my character and FD as the stage lol.

It was a fun match, I think you still 2 stocked me though... Money matching Tuesday is the same as paying him to play a game with you lol

As a side note, that smashfest (fest?) was a blast! Even though I was rocked straight out of the tournament I felt like I did pretty well.

Also I finally had a "close" game with @Jekyll . Last stock and some percent I think, though it was still solidly your victory haha. And now I hear you're moving away, so sad that I won't get a chance to finally beat you. Maybe someday.

Shoutouts to @ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 and (I believe) @ Death Arcana Death Arcana (death something...) for the hour and half of awesome friendlies at the end of the night. I always learn a ton playing you guys.

Also, I've decided, I officially don't suck at melee anymore! :D maybe not "good" yet, but I have made significant progress. Here's to another year of improvement!
I want to be the best marth in the scene here, so I've got a ways to go.

Last edited:

Zaku

Smash Cadet
Hey Zaku here from the Neumont tourney on Saturday. I figured I'd make a Smash boards account.

It was definitely fun playing some of you guys.

@Baky It was a fun and pretty interesting fight. I could tell you weren't completly on your A game though. I look forward to our next clash.
@"Apples" (or whoever the Mewtwo player was that went by that name, if they are even on here) You've made me completely despise Mewtwo and his nuetral air, but it was a good fight all the same
@Tomacawk Even though you didn't show me your true skill, it was a fun fight. I'm convinced that I could have beaten your Game & Watch if I had just made better choices, but maybe I'm just johning.

I'll always be a casual scrub, but I may starting coming to more tourneys just for fun if I have the money.

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
so guys i want to see if i can gather a community down here in southern utah and organize some summer tournaments, get them involved in this thread, etc.

@ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 and @ Support. Support. , roughly how much is the opportunity cost to throw a tournament for like 30 peeps? i would feel like that would be a success as a first time T/O if it runs smoothly

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
so guys i want to see if i can gather a community down here in southern utah and organize some summer tournaments, get them involved in this thread, etc.

@ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 and @ Support. Support. , roughly how much is the opportunity cost to throw a tournament for like 30 peeps? i would feel like that would be a success as a first time T/O if it runs smoothly
You should ask @ Tsuteto Tsuteto to. Dude has all the TO experience.

Anyone have details on the May 3rd tournament? i want to come to observe and play some friendlies.
https://www.facebook.com/events/672842912780744/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Why don't you enter? This is literally the cheapest tourney you are going to come across.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I want to come to the May 3rd tournament, but my wife owns that Saturday, and I have to stay with my daughter. If I can come, I will, but don't count on it. :(

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
Anyone have details on the May 3rd tournament? i want to come to observe and play some friendlies.
We usually just get to the cafe and do doubles and singles tournaments in whatever there is enough demand for. It's at 33rd south third west or something. Goes from like noon to six or eight something. Five dollar entry. Lots of friendlies around.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!

Honestly you can run a tourney for $0 if you do it right like hosting it at your house or a venue that doesn't ask for venue fee. But for me it was like $60 (roughly estimated).

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace

For something small you can host it at someone's house given the house is a decent size, or maybe even a Cafe like the tournament this Saturday. Just try to find a place that won't cost anything and you really don't have to spend money on anything else unless you want to buy food, snacks, or drinks for the attendees.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
We usually just get to the cafe and do doubles and singles tournaments in whatever there is enough demand for. It's at 33rd south third west or something. Goes from like noon to six or eight something. Five dollar entry. Lots of friendlies around.
Oh cool I think I will hit that up with a friend of mine. I'll probably get owned but it'll be cool to see the scene firsthand. Salt Lake City I assume?

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
For something small you can host it at someone's house given the house is a decent size, or maybe even a Cafe like the tournament this Saturday. Just try to find a place that won't cost anything and you really don't have to spend money on anything else unless you want to buy food, snacks, or drinks for the attendees.
Honestly... you should enter the tourney even if you're gonna get 0 - 2'd. Getting 0 - 2'd and gaining experience is better than sitting out and playing friendlies. I got 0 - 2'd in my first tournament but all I wanted to do was practice more and more and I can't tell you how much I leveled up after that... I still sucked but I got a lot better. Don't be discouraged just because you're afraid of losing. Just look at it as a learning experience... and in the end even if you lose you can still play friendlies.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
That's exactly how I'm going to look at it, play to learn and if I do manage to win at least once thenvgreat and if not, then at least I tried and learned.

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
Just come and enter. Don't be a ****!

I want to come to the May 3rd tournament, but my wife owns that Saturday, and I have to stay with my daughter. If I can come, I will, but don't count on it. :(
Bring her!

Last edited:

-Final-

Aria♪
Devon was planning on smashing at my place this evening. If there's enough interest, I could do a fest.

Who all would be down? It'd probably start at like 6 or 7.

Edit: It would probably mostly be a melee fest

Last edited:

net1234

Smash Ace
Devon was planning on smashing at my place this evening. If there's enough interest, I could do a fest.

id be there.
also do u main falco or marth? i hella need falco practice

Last edited:

-Final-

Aria♪
If I had to pick a main, it would be a tie between Falco and Peach, since they are the two I'm best with. I have been playing Marth a lot more recently, though, because he is hella fun to play.
Recently, I've only really played Falco against Devon lol

I live at the dorms at the UofU for anyone interested. I can post an address/directions in a little while

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace

Can i get an address?

Edit: Ninja'd

Last edited:

-Final-

Aria♪
2135 Red Butte Rd., Salt Lake City, UT, 84113

It's the building with an 820 on it. For those of you who were at the tourney at the guest house, it's literally a 2 minute walk from there

Top Bottom