• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Skull Kid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chuggbert
3DS FC
0748-3351-1612
Good fest, dudes. If anybody has feedback/pointers/advice for me, I'd love it. I am scrub. Want to be boss.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
The thread where everything not funny about the Disco Room happens before it happens in the Disco Room so it isn't as much as terrible as the Disco Room but it is worse at times than the Disco Room

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
He hasn't been too active recently, especially during his PSA phase.
How many times do I need to go over my reason for being quote unquote, inactive. Where I work, weve been going through management changes, tons of people coming and going, and overall being very short on staff during one of the busier times of the year. Ive been needed to do ridiculous amounts of overtime, covering shifts, etc. Add in college, add in life things going on which I wont go into since thats personal (but I will say it does include some death and cancer), then you consider Ive been to 5 smashfests this month and made it to 2 tournaments, Im trying to make it to things, just life happens. Its actually really starting to get on my nerves that I need a reason or need to explain myself for not making it to everything, especially when Brawl, the smash game I mainly play, is a dying game. And my 'PSA phase' was just me being burnt out on Smash and wanting to play something different in a while. Before my Wii broke, the last time I had checked, I had clocked in a whooping 4k in game hours (and Im talking match time, not system being turned on idle time). Playing that much of one game, and literally nothing but that game for 4-5 years made me just want to take a break and get some fresh new games for a while, so I went on a short hiatus (which btw I should mention, this hiatus ended about half a year ago, it was August of 2013 when I started going to smash stuff again), and during that time, literally almost no one was active, and I STILL went to a couple smashfests just to be with you guys. Also, during my 5-6 months of not playing smash, we had a total of 4 tournaments. Yeah. I went through the thread to find all the results for everything just cuz I like to keep track of that stuff, and that is literally it. So its not like I was the only one being inactive.

Sorry if it sounds like Im mad or anything, Im really not, its just Id really appreciate it if I could not be criticized atm. Ive just had a lot happen in a short amount of time and have been super busy. I do have a ton planned for Smash 4 though and I can guarantee Ill be way more like my 2011-2012 me (that 100% smashfest AND tournament attendance for like 6 months straight though) when that comes out.

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
The only person who likes my posts more than ZZ is Jekyll

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
How many times do I need to go over my reason for being quote unquote, inactive. Where I work, weve been going through management changes, tons of people coming and going, and overall being very short on staff during one of the busier times of the year. Ive been needed to do ridiculous amounts of overtime, covering shifts, etc. Add in college, add in life things going on which I wont go into since thats personal (but I will say it does include some death and cancer), then you consider Ive been to 5 smashfests this month and made it to 2 tournaments, Im trying to make it to things, just life happens. Its actually really starting to get on my nerves that I need a reason or need to explain myself for not making it to everything, especially when Brawl, the smash game I mainly play, is a dying game. And my 'PSA phase' was just me being burnt out on Smash and wanting to play something different in a while. Before my Wii broke, the last time I had checked, I had clocked in a whooping 4k in game hours (and Im talking match time, not system being turned on idle time). Playing that much of one game, and literally nothing but that game for 4-5 years made me just want to take a break and get some fresh new games for a while, so I went on a short hiatus (which btw I should mention, this hiatus ended about half a year ago, it was August of 2013 when I started going to smash stuff again), and during that time, literally almost no one was active, and I STILL went to a couple smashfests just to be with you guys. Also, during my 5-6 months of not playing smash, we had a total of 4 tournaments. Yeah. I went through the thread to find all the results for everything just cuz I like to keep track of that stuff, and that is literally it. So its not like I was the only one being inactive.

Sorry if it sounds like Im mad or anything, Im really not, its just Id really appreciate it if I could not be criticized atm. Ive just had a lot happen in a short amount of time and have been super busy. I do have a ton planned for Smash 4 though and I can guarantee Ill be way more like my 2011-2012 me (that 100% smashfest AND tournament attendance for like 6 months straight though) when that comes out.
TL;DR

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
My point was not wondering about why you were inactive. My point was wondering why you are the person that should still manage the thread when it would be more effectively handled by someone else.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Woooow, the lack of confidence is real.

Just curious, what is something that someone else could do that I currently cant do? And outside of changing the thread title (which I do as soon as I get on my comp since my phone has issues changing it, but still get PM'd/spammed to change it every time within 10 mins of it being mentioned lol), what needs doing? Ive been meaning to add a link to tournament pages/results which Ive been formatting in a notpad doc in my free time but havent finished yet, but if there are any suggestions, let me know.

Last edited:

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Hey guys, for the past week i have been going though some hardships in Mylife like losing my fiancé losing my job I am not mentally stable anymore. But i have been doing better but what does this have to do with you guys? 1. I am done with competitive gaming In every aspect of it. 2. I'm selling my Wii Melee and brawl(PM included) all for 150.00. Thank you all for being great friends but I have go. If you're Interested in this my number is 8019281439 thank you guys again for being so damn helpful.
Support out!

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium

Just curious, what is something that someone else could do that I currently cant do? And outside of changing the thread title (which I do as soon as I get on my comp since my phone has issues changing it, but still get PM'd/spammed to change it every time within 10 mins of it being mentioned lol), what needs doing? Ive been meaning to add a link to tournament pages/results which Ive been formatting in a notpad doc in my free time but havent finished yet, but if there are any suggestions, let me know.

edit:Spoiler alert

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Hey guys, for the past week i have been going though some hardships in Mylife like losing my fiancé losing my job I am not mentally stable anymore. But i have been doing better but what does this have to do with you guys? 1. I am done with competitive gaming In every aspect of it. 2. I'm selling my Wii Melee and brawl(PM included) all for 150.00. Thank you all for being great friends but I have go. If you're Interested in this my number is 8019281439 thank you guys again for being so damn helpful.
Support out!
Sorry to hear that man.

No more Ogden tournaments is whack we need another person to step up

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
i'll miss you support you were the first guy I met

best of luck man

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
Wow what a fun smash fest. Ggs all. Had some intense team matches with Marz and Devon! Those were the most fun. Team combos in brawl can be broken.

Edit I wish we had recorded those matches!

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7

How long have you been working on this thing in your free time? You, yourself, said you have little free time in your current situation, so progress on these side jobs won't be fast, anyway. FTS used to archive all Utah tournament records on the first post, and when you took over the first post, you deleted all of that, so all of those records are gone. (I'm a believer in archiving records, so this was upsetting to me when I noticed that you deleted them.) If that was for clearing space for new records, then fine, but you didn't do that.
And with you having your busy schedule, I don't even know why you insist on keeping control of the thread. It doesn't do you any good to keep control of it, unless it gives you a sense of superiority or something. If someone like Tsuteto, who's pretty much our premier tournament host, now, steps in, you will have less to worry about. You won't have people to bother you constantly to update anything so you can focus more on your busy life. Plus, since Tsuteto will have direct access to most tournament records, anyway, so it'll be more efficient for him to update it directly, himself, than to have to go through another person to do it.
I have nothing against you, personally; I'm just thinking of what's most efficient for the community as a whole.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
so is Perfect Chaos like that high school in your hometown that is good at everything that your own high school plus all the others in the city considers themselves a rival to that best high school when in reality that best high school maybe only has one rival or so??

because i think so

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I'm haven't played Brawl seriously since 2008, so I suck at that. LOL If I were to play Brawl, the only thing I can rely on is the core Smash fundamentals I have. XD

Skull Kid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chuggbert
3DS FC
0748-3351-1612
@ Support. Support. I only met you at the Gamer's Abbey tourney but you seem like a super cool guy. I'm sorry to hear all of that and hope everything works out for you.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Support out!
If you have an extra Wii Mote and nunchuck I'll buy it.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
I'm haven't played Brawl seriously since 2008, so I suck at that. LOL If I were to play Brawl, the only thing I can rely on is the core Smash fundamentals I have. XD
i meant that in a "casually talks down to people that arent him" kinda way tho lol

Top Bottom