• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I subscribe to you, too, but I didn't list you, as you are someone that most here are familiar with. That, and you don't have as many matches as most of these people. The same goes for Xsyven.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Sonic's is still the best FS in the game, though. And I'm subscribed to you now, Buzz.

Also, I'm uploading the videos I can as I type...

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Notice Tsuteto is only mentioning ones that were used on him at the fest as being overpowered. Giga Bowser is of that caliber, but he's not complaining about that, as I doubt people were playing with Bowser that much (no Gojira being the reason, LOL).

And I don't mind it not being on Sunday. I would prefer Saturday over it, anyway. And since it's both Friday AND Saturday, it's even better!
Yes there are! Tsuteto is just unaware of them, so he thinks this game will be easier to win in... :ohwell:

Here's a thread compiling the techniques found so far: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142139
First: Stopping treating your opinion of me as fact.

Second: I only saw bowser used once, and I really wasn't paying attention to that match at all. I go by experience, not by what I assume. If I was truly being a ******* about it, I wouldn't even mention Marth's seeing as he's one of my mains.

Third: I am aware of them, I just don't care for them as much. Even without the advanced stuff you can still keep up for the most part. Albeit most aren't aware of such **** either, so that attributes also to the fact that I can keep up right now. The end result is still that it'll take time for a lot of people to get used to such techniques, therefore my "basic abilities" will be able to keep up really well for the first two or three months.

God I'm getting tired of the whole opinion = fact thing....

@ lengeta: Can you send me a PM or a text or something to that effect when the videos are up? I might miss 'em otherwise.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Yeah Tsu, I'll PM you as soon as I'm done with the first batch. I basically made three feeds, and only the first one's working for me, so it looks like I might not have much photage of your matchse. Truly sorry, but I've learned for next time.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Layne, unless your computer is mega fast, using it will likely desynch the audio/video at the very least...unless you're experiencing a different type of issue.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Layne, unless your computer is mega fast, using it will likely desynch the audio/video at the very least...unless you're experiencing a different type of issue.
The sound and video randomly speed up and slow down. I wasn't doing anything heavy with my computer, BUT I was constantly clearing memory to make room for more photage, I think that was my main problem. I was also making HUGE capture files, so next time I'll try to stop and restart the capture more often. My first capture is almost completely bug-free.

THE FIRST SECTION OF VIDS ARE UP!!!

lengeta vs CdBobo
4-way SB-only friendlies (17 vids)

I don't know if I can fix the rest of the matches, but I'll try.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
That's right... my first ever match, I wtfpwned his Falco with Ganon :D. Lol... the rest of the night I got destroyed though.. trying new characters is weird!!

Anyway, Buzz you're going to main Lucario? I was seriously thinking about it too. Dair and Dsmash just look so awesome. Also flying with DI (upB) is fun :). So far my main(s) will probably be: Lucario, (I have yet to try Sonic), or Ike. I'll probably practice Ganondorf too just because tech chasing is too good :D.

BC, yeah, I plan on coming up there. Buzz are you going to the tournament too? if so, you should totally bring brawl O.O. Yes. Doooo eeeeet naooo.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
WOW thats good to hear man i was starting to think you guys weren't going to make it:laugh:.

A little side not WA people are not going because one kid couldn't go so he decided to have a Brawl tournament instead and then all the other one's decided to go to that instead of ours, and OR never found someone to drive so they are also probably not going....... I think i told Phil already but im not sure if he told anyone else

BE SURE TO LOOK AT THE TOURNAMENT THREAD BECAUSE THE LOCATION HAS BEEN UPDATED/CHANGED FOR FRIDAY NIGHT SO IF YOU GET IN BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT YOU WILL NEED TO KNOW HOW TO GET TO THE NEW PLACE.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Dam I still wanna go to Idaho... Junbear ditch work and lets drive to SPUDVILLE!!! haha Well I'm gonna hafta side with PC and say Pootato doesn't know what he's talkin about. Based on your Melee skill I don't see how anyone could value your opinion... How can you just assume Basic skill will keep up? Noob.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
i havent seen gojira post so i guess he's not going. woot theres room for 2! the ballaz+bobo vs idaho!
hey bobo i dont get off work till 12:30 midnight. be at house by 1 yea? got my num?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
This Idaho tournament is really far from me. In fact, it is as far from me as it is from you guys. Boise, Rexburg, and northern Utah form an evil triangle to where we are all equally spaced. So, I will be unable to attend. T_T

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
[I don't think I have your number] Err.. yeah I have it already. cool :D . Also I spoke with Zack like, last week and he was still going... I'll call him in 45 minutes (break) and let you all know.

@Buzz Noooooooooooo... . . . . . . . . . .

Also I spoke with Kenny and YazYaz and they were going to let me know.. but haven't yet. So I'll call them too. And then you also Phil.

Idaho tourney link:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=139374

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Surprisingly enough I got the day off on Saturday out of pure luck of rearrangements, so I might be able to head up to Idaho with y'all if someone can provide a ride and give me the time frames for leaving and what not XP

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Hahah! Righteous, totally righteous. But yeah, give me a call sometime. If we're leaving Sat morning and coming back same night I should be good.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Hey al-x. I think I may have met you already over at Dai's house. Anyway, good to see you on the 'boards (also I like the Naruto reference :D). Me and lengeta were planning something... I'll let you guys know how that turns out :p.

Xtinction

Smash Journeyman
Hey al-x. I think I may have met you already over at Dai's house. Anyway, good to see you on the 'boards (also I like the Naruto reference :D). Me and lengeta were planning something... I'll let you guys know how that turns out :p.

yep thats the Alex you know, the one that was over at our house....

i hope he can get good in brawl.... because melee just didn't work out for him :laugh:

butt yeah i also wanted to thank you for the ride up to Layne's house(well i mean his friends house?)

yeah thanks Bobo if it wasn't for you i wouldn't of gotten to play brawl! :dizzy:

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I won but the set's with me and knuttz went to the last match each time ( i played him in two sets of 5). You should look at the vids man and tell me what you think.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Hey someone should have a ssbm/ssbb tournament on the 14th when i come up there, if someone does set this up i think some other Idaho people will go as well.
The 14th is a Friday... I'm alright with a tournament on Friday, but it'll most likely get less people than a Saturday tournament. And I want to host a tournament sooooo badly, but my house is really crowded, and my basement is filled with a bunch of pointless stuff (i.e. junk) that my mom refuses to get rid of. :ohwell:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
MARCH 14th is my birthday!!! :bee:
Then I guess I'll have to give you a birthday beating in a Sonic ditto at the tourny (if there is going to be one)! :p

Can I be included in the Brawl bracket, but participate online? :p
LOL That's a pretty interesting idea, actually. This might be possible if the lag from SLC to St. George is non-existent/minuscule; if it is bad enough, then the people that are physically at the tournament might rather just omit you. But we'll see how much it'll lag at around 4 AM on March 9th, right? :laugh:

Xtinction

Smash Journeyman
Then I guess I'll have to give you a birthday beating in a Sonic ditto at the tourny (if there is going to be one)! :p

gosh PC, always having to be mean eh? i dont want a birthday beating!(not like you can give me one anyways :laugh:)

but maybe a gift??

like a bag of candy or something!

sheesh! :dizzy:

hahah and i already have more experience with using sonic then you!

so sure ill fight you in a ditto!

yourr tooo sloww!! :laugh:

i love that taunt.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
March 15th tourney would work tons better. I'm already holding a DDR tourney on the 14th, so I would be a no show XP

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
gosh PC, always having to be mean eh? i dont want a birthday beating!(not like you can give me one anyways :laugh:)

but maybe a gift??

like a bag of candy or something!

sheesh! :dizzy:

hahah and i already have more experience with using sonic then you!

so sure ill fight you in a ditto!

yourr tooo sloww!! :laugh:

i love that taunt.

The gift will be me beating you with only 1 stock, instead of 3, so you won't feel as bad. LOL Trash talking FTW? :p

You may have experienced the gameplay, but I've analyzed Sonic like I've never done before. I know things like how high you have to be in order to not have landing lag with the d-air, edgeguarding techniques, the advance techniques in general, etc. And according to Dai-A, you don't know much of these things... ;)
But anyway, before the tournament, Layne may host another Brawl fest, so I can get experience there. And speaking of which, how's that plan coming along, Layne?

Staz

Smash Lord
wow steve your such a brown noser.

try to shut up and mind your own buissness.

and as for you PC.... we will just have to see when we fight. dont be assuming things like your gonna win cuz cocky ppl are just lameeee
cocky? look whos talking

trash talking FTW?:p

Top Bottom