• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i'm pretty sure i'm going too...anybody from SLC driving there?
I can do frontrunner if somebody can pick me up but it means I have to leave earlier than I would otherwise

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ill be there but I cant give any rides since Im going straight over from work, and I work super close. Also cant give rides back, going right back to work directly after lol.

And speaking of working, get hype for 9 days in a row of 8-9 hour shifts, woooo! Gettin dat money, and right before Christmas too!

King Poe

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! I'm kinda new to the comp. scene and i'd love to get to play with people in my state. If any of you guy live close to Ogden lemme know. Because these LVL 9. computers are getting really boring, (well they were from before.)

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
@tomacawk: I can pick you up from FrontRunner if you'd like. Text me at 801-836-nine2nine7. Or PM me. That goes for anyone else who needs a ride from the FrontRunner.

@King Poe: Welcome! Ogden area? Not sure of anyone directly there, but there are some just down in Layton area.

King Poe

Smash Rookie
@tomacawk: I can pick you up from FrontRunner if you'd like. Text me at 801-836-nine2nine7. Or PM me. That goes for anyone else who needs a ride from the FrontRunner.

@King Poe: Welcome! Ogden area? Not sure of anyone directly there, but there are some just down in Layton area.

I take it most Smashers reside in Southern Utah?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah, outside of Mars/Colus and probably 1-2 more inactives, everyone mainly lives in either Salt Lake City or Provo. Im one of the few exceptions, but Im almost perfectly in the middle.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
There's a smashfest up in SLC area about once a week, and a tournament once a month, so make trips for those if you can I guess. If you're feeling it, there's a tournament down in Provo this Saturday. If you catch a ride to the Provo station on the FrontRunner, then I can give you a ride the rest of the way.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
There's a $3 venue fee, and $5 per event.

Also, what game were you looking to become competitive in? Brawl?

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Good to know. There are some melee exclusive players around (myself and Tomacawk included), and we'll be at the tournament this Saturday if you can make it out. PC plays P:M, I have it but really don't take it very seriously but I can play. The tournament this Saturday is a Brawl tourney, but usually we work up a melee side event if we get enough people. Regardless, lots of friendlies.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
https://www.facebook.com/events/1433313523549219

That's the event page on Facebook. Quick details states $3 venue fee, plus $5 entry fee for Brawl Singles, and $5 per person for Brawl Doubles.

Sign-ups start at noon. I will offer to pick up anyone from the FrontRunner again for the tournament. I'll have to put a time though. Therefore, anyone that can catch the FrontRunner at be at the Provo station at 12:15 PM, I'll pick you up and drop you off at Chris's tourneys. I'd like to not make multiple trips if have to, but am willing. At the end of the day, I'll make sure people will catch the one at 9:50 PM. Again, would not like to make multiple trips if possible.

So, yeah, that's to all people here. If you need to take advantage of that, let me know via PM or text/call at 801-836-nine2nine7. Thanks. Messaging Chris for clarification on the tournament thing.

EDIT: In terms of Melee, Tuesday ran the last side one. It was a $2 entry fee, singles only.

EDIT 2: FrontRunner times and pricing can be found at the following to links -
Times - http://www.rideuta.com/mc/?page=Bus-BusHome-Route750 (Select Saturday service Northbound or Southbound service for what you need)
Pricing matrix - http://www.rideuta.com/uploads/FrontRunnerFareMatrixApril2013_regular.pdf

EDIT 3: Venue fee is $3.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
well, I doubt PC is coming and Jekyll is already confirmed as an absentee
i may not go depending on the melee turnout, that's 2/3 top melee players here that aren't going and tbh I'm not too interested in taking a decent sized transit and my whole day to sandbag and not be pushed (no offense guys...just being real)

if melee lurkers are going please speak up now

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Ouch. No practice for me, then.

I'll just have to play a bunch in Texas over the holidays to make up for my lack of actual person practice in the arctic.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i mean to be clear I'm down to smash, if anybody wanted to play at my place in the morning before the tournament to warm up, or play somewhere near me pre-tournament, I'm down
just dont want to toss my entire saturday at a small turnout

maybe i'd throw a tuesday at it :)

Tuesday

Smash Ace
loooooool.

I'm down to smash pretty much every day. You have a setup at your house?

King Poe

Smash Rookie
If no one shows up for Melee I'm down to friendlies all day. So if I show up and not compete do I have to pay to play friendlies or is that just for competitors

Tuesday

Smash Ace
You would still have to pay the venue fee of 3 bucks, but you'd be eligible to win a raffle if you do. Pretty much for the electricity cost.

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Yeah, outside of Mars/Colus and probably 1-2 more inactives, everyone mainly lives in either Salt Lake City or Provo. Im one of the few exceptions, but Im almost perfectly in the middle.

And also, I'm active (been to the last two tourneys) although I'm new. I'm in Layton so if you ever want to Smash King Poe, I'm down.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i do not have a setup :(
idk maybe i'll come to this tournament anyway actually talking about playing makes me remember how bad i wanna play
guess i'm a maybe guy

Tomacawk

Smash Master
thanks..i want to wait a month or two before i get a system though...got some things to figure out first. the issue is more of i dont want to walk a mile and a half carrying a crt from the thrift shop lol
my tech skill is gunna be so sick when i start practicing again

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Haven't ever had desire to really practice tech skill, though after watching The Smash Brothers, I may do so a little.

And then troll with Melee Zelda XD

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Tomacawk, you would actually be doing me a favor if you took one of these CRTs off of my hands. I ended up with 2 somehow. I got one for free, so you can have it for free. PM me if you want it and we can work out a time for me to drop it off. You'll have to find your own system+Melee though. I feel like that would be more difficult, but I think that Gray Whale might have had a copy a month ago when I was there.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Question what is a CRT haha kinda dumb when it comes abbreviations.

It's a type of television, similar to LCD, Plasma, OLED, etc.
CRTs are the oldest (and heaviest) of the bunch, but they're the best when it comes to gaming on Gamecube or Wii because I said so.*

*There's actually several reasons for this, but I'm tired and the internet can explain better than I can.

Top Bottom