• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
If either of you have a melee disc, bring it to the lock in. I'll see about bringing the Wii I have for an extra set up that I'll dedicate to melee. Wife has dibs first if she wants it, since it's technically hers.

Also, if there's question about the lock in and such, feel free to call or text me at "801-eight three six-9 two 9 seven" . If you can't figure it how to dia me by that, then you don't need to. And please, no small talk text messages. School and work make those be an irritant to me.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Are you two currently together somewhere in SLC? If so, where?

I only had 4 hours of sleep and had to do a bunch of stuff today, so I'm pretty tired, but if it's a chance to play Melee with both Yaz and you, I may try to pull through it.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
I think he's in brovo. He wanted me to drive there but I do not have a vehizzle.
And I'm not willing to take a 2 hour public transit trip for a melee session today, when it's at the expense of a concert.
I'm on capitol hill sitting around sulking at the lack of melee if you wanna bro out on some melee

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
RJ offered to drive me there but he couldn't promise a ride back. and as badly as i wanna play that's irresponsible as **** to go somewhere i've never been with no idea how to get back to my home base
i have 5 on gas, if it makes a difference to anybody, if anyone wants to caravan to provo

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Oh, he's still in Provo. For some reason, from what various people were saying, I thought he was already in SLC for some reason. Well, I'm not motivated to go to Provo today of all days (due to the aforementioned reason in my last post). And if it's just us two, we might as well possibly play tomorrow at Buzz's when I'm less tired.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I can think of like 10 news smashers that left the scene over the years because they got trolled so hard. Some people feel like they have to humiliate any new player and think they are weeding at all the crappy players by doing it. To them this is to insure only the "strong survive." I know my first tourney I was treated like crap, but I play competitively so I was willing to put up with it. However some people are not so willing to stick around after being treated like crap.
I usually got trolled hard whenever I managed to get friendlies with the good people in the scene (Melee and Brawl). It was a bad feeling lol, especially since I just wanted to play people and improve in general. People also gave me crap for liking Melee and liking SF too, even though I played practically everything just to at least try it out. lol

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Whoa, suddenly lots of plans being made... Who is smashing tomorrow? And where? And can I come? 8D

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I'll check on Facebook if anyone can bring a copy for the lock in. Unless anyone here can bring a copy to it.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I usually got trolled hard whenever I managed to get friendlies with the good people in the scene (Melee and Brawl). It was a bad feeling lol, especially since I just wanted to play people and improve in general. People also gave me crap for liking Melee and liking SF too, even though I played practically everything just to at least try it out. lol
Soon as I joined the scene you left bro:( I always friendly everyone and give advice etc.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Secured a copy of melee. Bring your own controller and all may be well, if I can borrow the Wii.

And Mars, you're the chillest of us all.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm totally willing to host a smashfest, but it sounds like stuff is going on all over the place. I cannot make sense of everyone posting. XD

What is this "lockin"? If I host, will people come?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Soon as I joined the scene you left bro:( I always friendly everyone and give advice etc.
Yeah, but I think I got to play your Sheik one time. It was at one of Red Dog's smashfests when Nevada people visited Utah. Also, I see you around GAF sometimes lol. I go by Rhapsody there though, like I do at most forums.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
just tell me where the melee is and i will follow
I'm trying to follow the Melee, but I am so confused as to where it will be tomorrow. No one will address me specifically. How about I host a smashfest and you just come over? Savvy? =]

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I'm totally willing to host a smashfest, but it sounds like stuff is going on all over the place. I cannot make sense of everyone posting. XD

What is this "lockin"? If I host, will people come?
The lock in is an event at the Sandy Nickelcade tonight, with a $10 entry fee. It's all night, with pizza (as it lasts), arcadE games in freeplay, and games people bring (someone is using one of the pArty rooms for trolling in xbox love). Some of us are bringing smash. You should come, its a lot if fun. The DDR community, Beatgamer, puts it on every few months

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
It starts at 11 PM, with games being on free play at 1 AM. Show up between those hours to pay in cash, or CALL AHEAD WITH A CREDIT CARD SINCE THAT MACHINE CLOSES AT 11 PM OMG IMPORTANT.

Double posting since its easier than editing on phones

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm busy tonight, and it sounds like everyone will be up super late. Anything going on tomorrow? Or is that when I need to host something?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So far, I don't think anything is planned for tomorrow aside from you mentioning a few times that you're thinking about hosting a Smashfest. The Lock-In lasts until past dawn on Saturday morning, so a lot of those here and stay there that long probably won't come. Although Devon and Rockmix was pretty crazy last time and went to that, then a Smashfest, then another Smashfest [with this 2nd one being at my place], back-to-back-to-back without sleep, so who knows... Like I said before, if you host one, I'll likely come (especially if MeatIsMURDER can make it); just don't expect too many people if you do.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Hey, I'm OK with that. Small smashfests are fine.

MIM, what time is good for you?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Heh, I'm not coming tonight, but I'll definitely set something up for tomorrow. I just can't decide whether to do mid-day or evening.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
GGs to everyone that was there last night! Was hella fun and had a great time, and MAN was I so rusty haha. Cant believe I actually won that Ivysaur game and almost made a comeback 1 stock to 4 with my Mario. xD

Also, had a PSA tournament, and since a decent amount of smashers were there I might as well post the results:
Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/utahpsa/permalink/481925345206321/
Bracket: http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz358/Zzgashi/Brackets/nlipsa_zps38af7cd3.gif

1: Z'zgashi - Spike/Nathan Drake/Cole
2: Tsuteto - Kat
3: Rockmix - Big Daddy
4: Final - Fat Princess
5: Strider - Kratos/Toro
5: Teh - Ratchet
7: Purgatory - Ratchet
7: Skarmflames - Radec
9: David P - Sweet Tooth/Kat
9: Pencil - Spike
9: Pond - Nariko
9: Bronyloid - Sly Cooper
13: NWJR - Nariko
13: Fernando - Kat/Heihachi
13: Joseph Smith - Kat/Raiden/PaRappa
13: DS4 - Kat/Sir Daniel

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
k well apparently today is the day im kicked out of my brother's apartment so i'm homeless in a few hours
not sure where im going or where im gunna put my ****
i can' tsee a lot of scenarios where i play melee today but **** all if i dont still try
im gunna need significant phone assistance from somebody because internet access is unlikely

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
What's your number? I can guide you in when I decide to host. I'm still bouncing between like 1 and 4 as the start time. Anyone else wanna come too?

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Totally true, I remember that first tourney I went to two years ago, we played and I got wrecked but you were still hella nice about it and friendly. Then I got butthandled by Kev and Devon and ended up not coming back for over a year. Lolz.

Laawwwwwl Zz, dat sig. Hearts all around.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
There were LOTS more people there though, no entry fee, and the people at lock ins are a lot more in the fun of things. Most entrants were people who never played the game before that night (myself included)

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Again, Devon got disqualified. Read my now a few posts up. Plus, I got a number of tips from Zz in using my character. Rockmix knocked me into the losers bracket, and I eventually came back and beat him. Kat plays a lot like Peach IMO

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Sorry, guess the explanation is on Facebook, not here. Basically misinterpretation. Devon was a part of the tournament, but did not actually participate due to such.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah, Devon told me to forfeit the first GAME of his set in loser's, but when he didnt show up for 5 or so mins (which is like, an entire set length in this game) I assumed he meant the whole set instead so just gave the other guy the win and moved on. A couple mins after that though Devon showed up, but at that point the guy Devon shouldve played was already mid match so yeah.

Devon did lose his first set, but he never actually played his second (although he probably wouldve won it if I had to guess. Strider prob wouldve beat him afterwards though).

And LOL @ that PSA tournament
getting more entrance than our Brawl tournaments.
Thats cuz PSA is amazing~

EDIT: so the post edit function keeps adding in quotes to my post making PC's quote quoted twice and even when I fix it the forum changes it right back...

This new forum...

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Hard to say. Afterall, I placed second (again though, thanks for the tips thought) with no prior experience, and in brawl him and I are upper players.

Top Bottom