• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
VERY, of his worst 10 mu's he has a gr on only 1, and of his best 10 he only doesnt on 2

EDIT: Also, 90% of his kill set ups are OoGR and his GR chain inflicts about half of the damage he does, especially in MU's like Meta Knight, Diddy Kong, and Falco

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
ya but doesn't he only infinite one (wario)?
so even if GR "infinites" were banned you could still do like running grab releases for like MK
which are not infinites

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
No, it was limiting anything that could continue more than once OoGR, so he changed it to only standing gr. And even if he isnt standing, yoshi can still basically infinite Wario, you can pivot over and over but the timing is WAY hard (Wario has 50 frames of lag after a gr from yoshi and his fastest way to get invincible is through an air dodge which takes 4 frames to do leaving 53 frames of vulnerability. (His jump doesn't leave our grab range for 6 frames if buffered perfectly) Yoshi has 29 frames after a gr + 12 frames for starting a pivot grab + 10 frames for the grab to actually grab which means if you perfect frame it, it takes 51 frames in total. That leaves 2 frames extra to use when normally we have about 8-12)

Kurosaki Ichigo

Smash Apprentice
Uh-oh... o.o;

I accidentally took someone's Melee. I was leaving in a rush and didn't take it out of my cube. I think it's either RJ's or zzgashi's. Or Perfect Chaos'. I'm not sure. I just know it's not mine so just lemme know, whoever's-melee-i-accidentally-ganked person.

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
@ C!Z

I don't have a phone and I sometimes have internet so it would have to be through smashboards for you since you don't have a Facebook . . .

And Final, I've been looking on Youtube almost every day and still, no matches :(

-Final-

Aria♪
@ C!Z

I don't have a phone and I sometimes have internet so it would have to be through smashboards for you since you don't have a Facebook . . .

And Final, I've been looking on Youtube almost every day and still, no matches :(
My computer refuses to save any of the videos, so for now, no matches...

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
In case C!Z, or anyone else, is too lazy and just wants a brief overview...

Just show up to the South Towne Expo Center by 10 AM this Friday and Saturday. Melee Singles start first thing on Friday, followed by Brawl Doubles. Brawl Singles will be all of Saturday. Entry is $10 per person for all events.

I'm getting the ruleset straightened out and organized, so expect an update on the rules tonight.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
The venue fee is also waived if you bring a full setup, which includes ALL OF THE FOLLOWING -

Wii system
2 controllers
Brawl Disc
Melee Disc

But you have to have the setup done between 1 and 8 PM today, or 8 to 10 AM tomorrow.

If I'm correct in saying this.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
How much is the venue fee?
13 if you buy online now, 18 otherwise for both days.

And yes lanky is correct- all that plus the cables and everything for the system. We should have TVs, but we don't have power strips so bring those too if you can. Extra batteries too for the newbies. If you don't have all of it, team up with someone to make a complete setup and one of you gets in free and you can split the cost of the other person's entry fee.
Make sure to be friendly to all the newbies there and invite them to smashboards! Let's boost the local smash scene!

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I don't know why we have to provide controllers when the rules says to bring your own controller. But I guess it cuts down on the amount of free venue fee entries given out, I guess...
Maybe make it half-off venue if you bring everything except for controllers, but the ones that also bring controllers get priority for being chosen?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So if i wanted to bring my wii id have to go drop it off by 8 today? (I have work tommorow)

vazor

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why we have to provide controllers when the rules says to bring your own controller. But I guess it cuts down on the amount of free venue fee entries given out, I guess...
Maybe make it half-off venue if you bring everything except for controllers, but the ones that also bring controllers get priority for being chosen?
So if i wanted to bring my wii id have to go drop it off by 8 today? (I have work tommorow)
Actually yeah PC's idea sounds pretty good. We still need a couple more setups so please come Rockmix and hopefully we don't get too many noobs with no controllers.

And gashi you can bring it from 8-10am tomorrow too. Melee signups start at 10am so it has to be all ready to go by then.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I could but, I don't have two controllers.
Both of the ones I have aren't in good condition. I just have one controller that is in good condition, which is the one I bring to tournaments.
Bring both of those crappy ones for the tournament, I'd say. The rules state to bring your own, so if someone doesn't want to bring their own, then why should we have to worry if the controller they are borrowing is crappy or not (just as long as the buttons still work)? It's still better for those people than having no controllers to play with at all, anyway.

Top Bottom